If type were a color...

gloomy-optimist

Used to live here
Jul 9, 2008
MBTI
INxJ
Enneagram
4w3
I see INFPs as a purple, maybe periwinkle...
ESTPs as vibrant orange and ESFPs as sunshine yellow...
INFJs as royal blue

What type would be what color? Why do you think so?

ENTP seems like firecracker red, I think. Something that just "pops".

I see infjs as the red-orange hue in the sky just before the sun sets.

You're both right on... This reminds me of the way I see numbers in my mind.. as colors..

INFP would indeed, be purple. Purple is the color of mystery and mysticism. It's a passionate color, not in the way red is:eek:vertly. There's passion brewing just beneath.

INFJ indeed, indigo or deep blue. Blue being soothing. But blue is also a very strong color. Something about blue means "in control" in a fluid behind the scenes sort of way. Blue reminds me of protection. Blue is water reflected in sky and water is amorphous and ever changing. That reminds me of the INFJ introspective journey.

And ESTP is bright orange. It's an action color, it's a color that demands attention.

ENTP=red. Because ENTPs remind me of that redskinned devil.

I see ENFJs being a sort of green, the hue changing depending on whether they are an active, social-butterflyish ENFJ or a very nurturing, mothering sort of ENFJ.

Weird. I see ENFJ as green, too.
Probably because their archetype is The Teacher. In my mind, I connect the earth with learning and growing. Supposedly ENFJs facilitate growth and change.

You're both right on... This reminds me of the way I see numbers in my mind.. as colors..

Thats wierd. I associate numbers sith colors as well. I also do this for other things such as days of the week.

I don't associate numbers with colors...I associate them with points. But I do associate colors with lots of other things -- I color code almost everything, actually.

And ISTJs are sort of a neutral coffee shade

Does no one else think that INFJs are the color of sunset? Or am I alone on this one.

I don't have a color for each type, but I do for several:

INFJ: dark blue/purple
INTJ: dark red
INFP: pastel purple
ENFP: soft yellow
ENTP: bright red
INTP: brown
ESTP: bright red/orange
ENTJ: dark green
ENFJ: light green

Does no one else think that INFJs are the color of sunset? Or am I alone on this one.

I do like that analogy -- I kind of think INFJ as the lone star in the midst of the soft yellows and reds

sunsets are gross. I can't stand that kind of light. Blegh.

This is likely why I don't see INFJ's as a sunset. We are too deep to be a light color and we are too brooding to be a warm color. As such, this makes me see us as a cool dark color.

Reactions: acd
I've always seen light blue for INFJs.

sunsets are gross. I can't stand that kind of light. Blegh.

This is likely why I don't see INFJ's as a sunset. We are too deep to be a light color and we are too brooding to be a warm color. As such, this makes me see us as a cool dark color.

D:> How can you hate sunsets?!

But I thought INFJs could be like the deepening of color, when the sun is down and the light is just the last escaping rays melting into the sea of navy...I can see that as INFJ-ish

D:> How can you hate sunsets?!

But I thought INFJs could be like the deepening of color, when the sun is down and the light is just the last escaping rays melting into the sea of navy...I can see that as INFJ-ish

I made a post a while ago about the kind of light I do and don't like. Following the conditions I examined within myself, it makes sense that I don't like sunsets. I never have liked them.

ISTJ, ESTJ, ENTJ, INTJ = Grey
ESFJ = Vibrant Pink
ISFJ = Baby Pink
ENFJ = Vibrant Blue
INFJ = Dark Blue
ENFP = Vibrant Purple
INFP = Dark Purple
ESTP = Vibrant Red
ISTP = Dark Red
ENTP = Black and white
INTP = Black and grey
ESFP = Vibrant Green
ISFP = Dark Green

I don't know about the other types, but I always thought of INFJ as a blue type, being the color of peace, life, wisdom, etc. Of course, it could just be I'm very partial to blue.

My favorite color is blue, but I see myself as different colors in different situations. Sometimes I feel white because of my protector nature, sometimes purple because of how my passion mixes with my personality, and sometimes just the simple blue calm of the water.

Huh, so I used to like dark purple a lot when I was little until I found out that it is a "girly" color. Since then I've owned dark green as my color.

I also think that INTPs are definately brown.

My only thing with orange is that it feels so goofy/funny/crazy, which drips ESFP to me.

So maybe it's not fair to the ESJF males, but I think pink may have to go to ESFJs, ha!