I will recommend a bad movie for you | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

I will recommend a bad movie for you

Have you already seen it? I can recommend something far worse.

Haha no, Troll 2 is a good pick. I've never seen it, but I've heard of it of course.

Let's say that it has a pretty solid reputation.

Thanks for the suggestion ;)

Back up this claim, Daustus!
No. LOL. Okay, anytime you have to explain why something is funny then it's not really funny. If you show me a scene and I don't laugh and a majority of the audience doesn't laugh then I'm not sure it's funny. it might be clever or ironic or art, but i doubt it's humor. I think I have a bias where I think humor is really about entertaining the audience.

No. LOL. Okay, anytime you have to explain why something is funny then it's not really funny. If you show me a scene and I don't laugh and a majority of the audience doesn't laugh then I'm not sure it's funny. it might be clever or ironic or art, but i doubt it's humor. I think I have a bias where I think humor is really about entertaining the audience.

I disagree - humor is all about understanding. It's like telling a joke to a little kid... they don't necessarily get it until you explain it. They may not find it quite funny right then, after having just understood it, but now that their mind is trained to understand it and appreciate it, they may find similar humor much funnier in the future.

Similarly, adults can grow to appreciate different kinds of humor (there is also a cultural element to humor... different cultures can and do find different things funny). I don't doubt that society's tastes regarding humor will change as time goes on.

I think you have a valid point especially with telling the joke to someone that doesn't understand the context or content. I think in this specific scenario - I've seen the movie Freddy got Fingered. I believe I understood the content and context. I don't think it is funny. Part of this is that I don't like gross out comedy. I also thought that this movie's real focus was to torture the audience. Closer to "FU for watching this!" We're the joke for watching the film. I will say that this movie is an experience and does exactly what it intends to do which is get a reaction. I think it can be considered art but I struggle with comedy. Maybe I need to be more open with my judgement but in a quick yes or no reaction I say this is not funny. Analyzing comedy sucks.

I will say that you have a gift for picking terrible film and I do appreciate the reactions of others when sharing these. Please continue sensei.

1. What is your MBTI type? No clue at this point, people here seem to think ENTP though.
  2. How patient are you when it comes to bad movies?
    1. Very patient. Honestly sometimes I don't even consider them bad.
  3. How familiar are you with movies widely considered the worst?
    1. Pretty familiar. I watched the room, Transformers, all that. That said I haven't watched many "cult classics".
  4. How do you want to feel during/after you watch a bad movie?
    1. I want to laugh. Bad movies are funny, sometimes.
  5. Which kind of bad movie would you prefer watching?
    1. I want to watch one of the worst movies ever made. BRING IT. :smilingimp:
  6. How do you feel about 90s action/thriller films?
    1. They were so edgy and cool!

• What is your MBTI type?
    INFJ
  • How patient are you when it comes to bad movies?
    1. Very patient
    2. A little patient
    3. I can’t stand them
  • How familiar are you with movies widely considered the worst?
    1. Very familiar
    2. Pretty familiar
    3. Not very familiar
  • How do you want to feel during/after you watch a bad movie?
    1. I want to laugh
    2. I want to cry
    3. I want to feel like I’m going insane
  • Which kind of bad movie would you prefer watching?
    1. I want to watch a mediocre movie
    2. I want to watch a bad movie (but I don't want to hate it)
    3. I want to watch one of the worst movies ever made
  • How do you feel about 90s action/thriller films?
    1. They were so edgy and cool!
    2. I don’t understand why bad acting and illogical plots were considered “good”
    3. something in between the two

Please fill out the following questionnaire

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Sorry for the hiatus, everyone!

@In the Wings - If you are really an ENTP, your threshold for insanity is probably different than most... So I'm going to recommend what I believe is truly the worst movie ever released, one that would normally cause a person brain damage: Things.

Things isn't really bad because it's a horror B-movie. Things is really bad because the majority of the film is completely arbitrary and nonsensical, from the dialogue ("how do you get paper children?") to the characters' actions (one of the protagonists puts a cassette player in a freezer for no apparent reason). The people that made the movie (ostensibly a few perpetually drunk Canadian guys) seem to want to desperately fill out the time with scenes that don't contribute to the plot (or any plot that anyone could possibly conceive). On top of that, the movie is jarring, annoying, and more disconnected from humanity than anything I could possibly imagine. One of the actors disappears at some point through the movie, and I assumed that he merely gave up on the film and they didn't bother to really justify what happened to him.

P.S. The trailer below portrays the movie as a B-horror film, but it doesn't portray any of the pointless fluff that makes the movie so excruciatingly bad.

61u7gu3hD6L._SY550_.jpg

So, you like bad movies, you say? Watch Things. You’ll be on the floor writhing in agony less than halfway through, pleading for mercy. Your hand will struggle for the remote, fruitlessly attempting to turn the damn thing off, and yet, for some strange reason, you won’t be able. Like slowing down to gawk at a horrific automobile accident, you’ll remain bizarrely compelled to continue watching as your brain slowly oozes out your ears and melts onto the sofa. This is a movie so bad it should be outlawed by the Geneva Convention.

@Ginny - you get the most notable bad movie of the new millennium. It's illogical, awkward, and there's plenty to laugh at.

MV5BMmJkZjkzN2EtZTM5Zi00YWZhLWI2ZWUtNDM2NzI1NDIxYTA1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjMwODc5Mw@@._V1_.jpg

A number of publications have labeled The Room as one of the worst films ever made. An assistant professor of film studies was the first to describe The Room as "the Citizen Kane of bad movies."[3] Originally shown only in a limited number of California theaters, The Room quickly became a cult film due to its bizarre and unconventional storytelling, technical and narrative flaws, and Wiseau's off-kilter performance. Although Wiseau has retrospectively described the film as a black comedy, audiences have generally viewed it as a poorly made drama, an opinion shared by some of the cast.

@Ginny - you get the most notable bad movie of the new millennium. It's illogical, awkward, and there's plenty to laugh at.

MV5BMmJkZjkzN2EtZTM5Zi00YWZhLWI2ZWUtNDM2NzI1NDIxYTA1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjMwODc5Mw@@._V1_.jpg

A number of publications have labeled The Room as one of the worst films ever made. An assistant professor of film studies was the first to describe The Room as "the Citizen Kane of bad movies."[3] Originally shown only in a limited number of California theaters, The Room quickly became a cult film due to its bizarre and unconventional storytelling, technical and narrative flaws, and Wiseau's off-kilter performance. Although Wiseau has retrospectively described the film as a black comedy, audiences have generally viewed it as a poorly made drama, an opinion shared by some of the cast.

I have heard of it a couple times before. Thought it might be interesting.

@Misadventure - My recommendation for you would have been Fateful Findings, but as I already recommended that movie in this thread (https://www.infjs.com/threads/i-will-recommend-a-bad-movie-for-you.37506/#post-1278337), I'll recommend the movie that the same director made just three years previous, I Am Here.... Now (note the fourth ellipsis). While Fateful Findings is Neil Breen's magnum opus, I Am Here.... Now comes very close to the same absurd level of terribleness. There is no filmmaker out there that can consistently make such strange, hilariously awful, movies as Neil Breen.

MV5BYzNmNjNiOWUtNGI1MS00NjQ5LWFmYjQtY2QzMmUyNTU0NGUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQzMDg4Nzk@._V1_.jpg