noisebloom

theory conspirer
Site Supporter
Apr 24, 2018
MBTI
INTP
Please fill out the following questionnaire

1. What is your MBTI type?

2. How patient are you when it comes to bad movies?
    1. Very patient
    2. A little patient
    3. I can’t stand them

3. How familiar are you with movies widely considered the worst?
    1. Very familiar
    2. Pretty familiar
    3. Not very familiar

4. How do you want to feel during/after you watch a bad movie?
    1. I want to laugh
    2. I want to cry
    3. I want to feel like I’m going insane

5. Which kind of bad movie would you prefer watching?
    1. I want to watch a mediocre movie
    2. I want to watch a bad movie
    3. I want to watch one of the worst movies ever made

6. How do you feel about 90s action/thriller films?
    1. They were so edgy and cool!
    2. I don’t understand why bad acting and illogical plots were considered “good”

@Pin - your answer to #6 indicates that you are probably not as enamored with this one as everyone was back in the day (which is good for the sake of what I'm trying to accomplish). It's also very difficult to find "mediocre" movies that elicit a "laughing" response, but I think this is a solid recommendation.

FaceOff_%281997_film%29_poster.jpg

Face/Off is a 1997 American action film directed by John Woo, written by Mike Werb and Michael Colleary, and starring John Travolta and Nicolas Cage. Travolta plays an FBI agent and Cage plays a terrorist, sworn enemies who assume each other's physical appearance.

Last edited:
  1. What is your MBTI type? Infp
    1. Very patient. X
    2. A little patient
    3. I can’t stand them
    1. Very familiar
    2. Pretty familiar. X
    3. Not very familiar
    1. I want to laugh. X
    2. I want to cry
    3. I want to feel like I’m going insane. X
    3. I want to watch one of the worst movies ever made. X
    1. They were so edgy and cool! X

I am ready.

I feel like you made a similar thread before or asked a similar question.
At any rate

• Infj
  • I'm cool with whatever
  • Pretty familiar with bad movies but not an expert
  • 90s movies were/are cool
  • I don't enjoy the worst of the worst unless in a particular rare mood, somewhere tolerable is ok usually
  • I find most movies entertaining on some level
  • I like laughing

@acd

MiamiConnectionPoster.jpg

David Schmader of The Stranger wrote that "to say that Miami Connection is bad is a crushing understatement. Miami Connection is so bad it makes Tommy Wiseau's The Room look like Wild Strawberries" and that "but out of this tragic mess of failure and incompetence, a distinctly sweet spirit emerges. Its source is the cumulative gameness and good sportsmanship of everyone involved in Miami Connection, which is drenched in a goofy joy that is contagious."

Last edited:
I feel like you made a similar thread before or asked a similar question.

I think I made a thread about my top ten best worst movies... figured I'd share my pain a little.

@Wyote - not the worst of the worst (I think the movie is pretty brilliant, actually), very funny:

220px-Vampires_kiss.jpg

Hal Hinson of The Washington Post called the film "stone-dead bad, incoherently bad", but said that Cage's overacting must be seen to be believed.

Last edited:
I think I made a thread about my top ten best worst movies... figured I'd share my pain a little.

@Wyote - not the worst of the worst (I think the movie is pretty brilliant, actually), very funny:

220px-Vampires_kiss.jpg

Hal Hinson of The Washington Post called the film "stone-dead bad, incoherently bad", but said that Cage's overacting must be seen to be believed.

I think I did see this once, but I was 12 or something haha.
Thanks!
9da6f4db8a3b21fa54a225bfc4537545--you-dont-say-like-you.jpg

@acd

David Schmader of The Stranger wrote that "to say that Miami Connection is bad is a crushing understatement. Miami Connection is so bad it makes Tommy Wiseau's The Room look like Wild Strawberries" and that "but out of this tragic mess of failure and incompetence, a distinctly sweet spirit emerges. Its source is the cumulative gameness and good sportsmanship of everyone involved in Miami Connection, which is drenched in a goofy joy that is contagious."
This sounds right up my alley!
Thank you!

Please fill out the following questionnaire

What is your MBTI type?

Infp
patient are you when it comes to bad movies?

1. A little patient
  1. How familiar are you with movies widely considered the worst?

1. Pretty familiar

2. How do you want to feel during/after you watch a bad movie?

1. I want to cry
    2. I want to feel like I’m going insane
  3. Which kind of bad movie would you prefer watching?

1. I want to watch one of the worst movies ever made
  4. How do you feel about 90s action/thriller films?

1. I don’t understand why bad acting and illogical plots were considered “good”
I don't watch movies anymore but I'll play out of curiosity

@slant

Fateful-findings-film-cover.JPG

Among other things, viewers cite the film's cryptic and incomprehensible plot, poor production values, overt political messages, stilted dialogue, and bizarre and unnatural performances as well as Breen's real-life eccentricities as part of the film's ironic appeal.

@slant

Fateful-findings-film-cover.JPG

Among other things, viewers cite the film's cryptic and incomprehensible plot, poor production values, overt political messages, stilted dialogue, and bizarre and unnatural performances as well as Breen's real-life eccentricities as part of the film's ironic appeal.

I found this. This is amazing

I found this. This is amazing

It transcends other bad movies in a surreal, inexplicable way... I've seen most of his movies (and many of them are very hard to find). Fateful Findings is probably the only movie of his one really needs to see to get the idea...

I especially enjoy that he often plays hackers that surround themselves with laptops, as if he is using all of them at the same time... sometimes he has like 7 laptops on his desk. :tearsofjoy:

He is also selling a "retrospective" of his movies for $160: http://neilbreen-5films.com/

I have some bizarre attraction to director/writers that are extremely eccentric and have no self-awareness... and it ends up just seeping into their movies, creating some sort of self-serving work that makes no sense.

It transcends other bad movies in a surreal, inexplicable way... I've seen most of his movies (and many of them are very hard to find). Fateful Findings is probably the only movie of his one really needs to see to get the idea...

I especially enjoy that he often plays hackers that surround themselves with laptops, as if he is using all of them at the same time... sometimes he has like 7 laptops on his desk. :tearsofjoy:

He is also selling a "retrospective" of his movies for $160: http://neilbreen-5films.com/

I have some bizarre attraction to director/writers that are extremely eccentric and have no self-awareness... and it ends up just seeping into their movies, creating some sort of self-serving work that makes no sense.
It's one of those things where it's so bad that I now have realized my lifelong dream of being an actor. I mean, if this passes for acting, I can DEFINITELY act!! I'm practicing my lines in the mirror

1. What is your MBTI type? INFJ

2. How patient are you when it comes to bad movies? 2
  3. How familiar are you with movies widely considered the worst? 2
  4. How do you want to feel during/after you watch a bad movie? 1
  5. Which kind of bad movie would you prefer watching? 2
  6. How do you feel about 90s action/thriller films? 1

@acd

I just saw you edited this to add the trailer. And this is a cheesy 80s martial arts movie!? Extra double right up my alley! The trailer looks incredible.

I didn't see it on Netflix but it looks like the whole movie is on YouTube. Holy shit I can't wait to watch it lol. I daresay you have a gift for picking terrible movies for people.

1. What is your MBTI type? INFJ

1. Very patient
    2. A little patient X
    3. I can’t stand them
    1. Very familiar
    2. Pretty familiar
    3. Not very familiar X
    1. I want to laugh X
    2. I want to cry
    3. I want to feel like I’m going insane
    3. I want to watch one of the worst movies ever made X
    1. They were so edgy and cool! X

Also, if the in-house expert knows about this, is Master of Disguise worth checking out?

I've heard it was absolutely awful but I'm also morbidly curious.