Barnabas

Time Lord
Oct 7, 2009
Florida man
MBTI
wiblywobly
Enneagram
timeywimey
Went out tonight with a couple of friends, one of which I think may be interested in me.

We went out, saw a movie and got ice cream together afterwards we went back to the school, sat out on the bench by the lake and just talked.

I just going to ask the Christian members to put out a prayer for God to do with this relationship as he pleases and for the non-Christian members, cross fingers!

The beginnings of a potential relationship are always so exciting. Best of luck, man! I hope it works out for the both of you.

Isn't praying for an outcome rather pointless if we're just praying for whatever outcome God was already going to effect anyway?

That aside, good luck. :yo: One night of conversation shouldn't imply too much, especially not so early in life, but you can certainly enjoy a relationship for however long it lasts.

Reactions: Soulful
Isn't praying for an outcome rather pointless if we're just praying for whatever outcome God was already going to effect anyway?
* Separate mini-theological discussion *

The objective of the prayer is for me to act in a way that conforms to God's will as opposed to my own. If I was a strict predestination kind of guy then you would be right(if I was this conversation wouldn't matter anyway), but seeing as I'm not and I do have the ability to chose freely then it is best that I chose God and ask for God's aid.

*Ends Separate mini-theological discussion *

That aside, good luck. :yo: One night of conversation shouldn't imply too much, especially not so early in life, but you can certainly enjoy a relationship for however long it lasts.

A lifetime has to start somewhere.

I'll also slip a prayer to St Gabriel, Archangel for this one.

I love the book of Tobias/Tobit.

* Separate mini-theological discussion *

The objective of the prayer is for me to act in a way that conforms to God's will as opposed to my own. If I was a strict predestination kind of guy then you would be right(if I was this conversation wouldn't matter anyway), but seeing as I'm not and I do have the ability to chose freely then it is best that I chose God and ask for God's aid.

*Ends Separate mini-theological discussion *
Ah, I get it now. It's more like a safeguard than a specific agenda.

A lifetime has to start somewhere.
Yes, I'm just saying it isn't usually something to be locked into by the end of one's teenage years. You have probably found a good person to spend time with, but it's unlikely you've found one of the best people to spend the rest of your life with.

Reactions: Barnabas

Yes, I'm just saying it isn't usually something to be locked into by the end of one's teenage years. You have probably found a good person to spend time with, but it's unlikely you've found one of the best people to spend the rest of your life with.

Oh well, it's not like I haven't been fighting the odds my whole life(literally but thats a blog for another time).

I've always said that I'm shooting for a one and record, and Christian relationships have been shown to be more likely to be for life.

with that being said nothing is official yet.

Reactions: TheLastMohican

"pray to God, but row away from the rocks" an old proverb i heard somewhere..

I hope it works out Barnabas =)

thanks guys, feel free to continue to post, I'm hitting the sack.

Oh well, it's not like I haven't been fighting the odds my whole life(literally but thats a blog for another time).

I've always said that I'm shooting for a one and record, and Christian relationships have been shown to be more likely to be for life.

with that being said nothing is official yet.

When I first found god, Barnabas, I was depressed. I made a prayer that even if I didn't find any happiness in my life, that I hoped my life could be of used help to someone else. God answered this prayer, amazingly enough by introducing me to a girl who fell for me. She was guided to me by God, according to her, and I believe it from what I have experienced.

In this relationship, I ended her legal status as "developmentally disabled" which gave her mother complete authority over all aspects of her life. Her mother was abusing the situation and using threats to keep her 20 year-old daughter under control. The lawyer this girl had, didn't represent her interests when the Judge decided to hand over complete control to the mother. He hardly even spoke to the girl.

The problem was, I didn't realize this was God using me to do his work and answer my prayer. I thought it was me finding the love of my life, and boy, did I fall for her. Yet, she had more growing up to do and showed that by cheating on me.

I'm just saying, having God's will happen and you finding the love of your life could be two different things. Enjoy it, though!

I also agree with your statement that if both parties are devoutly religious, it's more likely to last; that's because they take a promise seriously. Also because they have God to pray to and help guide them to the right answers in life. Other people let their negative emotions take them too easily, like fear and anger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaze
Gosh, praying to be controlled? Sad and pointless really.

Having said that, you're a nice fellow, with admirable goals.

I wish you all the luck of Ireland and her Celtic children in this task of yours.

well, I aint particularly religious but I love new beginnings so good luck man!!!!

I'm sending good vibes all the way, Barnabas, but I also have to flutter in with a bit of caution.

Try not to get your hopes up too much. Not because I believe this won't work out, but because if your heart is set on something already, you don't want to fall into the trap of putting someone on a pedestal or falling in love with an ideal. After all, seeing things from rose-coloured glasses isn't seeing them through God's eyes. You don't know her very well, and she doesn't know you very well. Methinks that a bit of patience is necessary before we start thinking anyone is the "one."

That being said, I'm wish you all the happiness in the world. Good luck! :)

Orrr you could go with my theory that one needs multiple partners through their life for the different stages.

Did I ever make a thread about that? I should.

I'm praying for you (pray for me that I find someone :))

Bests of luck for you :D

you don't want to fall into the trap of putting someone on a pedestal or falling in love with an ideal

i agree with this but with that said, these times can be very exciting and regardless of outcome we often remember them for years after. i encourage you to keep up the good fight of knowing what you want and going for it, and wish you best of luck.