Donor
Jun 9, 2016
Earth
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Hey guys! <3

can you recommend some sad movies that i can watch? I want a really heartbreaking one. Examples of movies i cried from are I am Sam, The Fountain, Gran Torino,(lol), inside out?

Thank you in advance!!

Reactions: Jet, James and Free
This one resonated with me, a depiction of a 8w7.

I thought it was called 'Surviving Summer', but apparently it's called 'According to Greta'

http://putlocker.is/watch-according-to-greta-online-free-putlocker.html

Synopsis: After her mother, Karen (Melissa Leo) gets married for the third time, 17-year-old Greta (Hillary Duff), who had witnessed her father kill himself, withdraws within herself, and turns rebellious. In lieu of boot camp she is sent to live with her maternal grandparents, Katherine (Ellen Burstyn) and Joseph (Michael Murphy) where she makes it known that she is determined to kill herself. She then falls for a cook, Julie (Evan Ross) at the local restaurant, much to the chagrin of her grandparents - especially when they find out he had been interned in a juvenile correctional facility. Faced with all-round opposition and unhappy with her life Greta plans her suicide during a boating trip - a plan that will not only expose closeted skeletons, but also shatter and change everyone's lives forever.

I'm going to watch it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Free
If you like Clint Eastwood, have you seen "Bridges of Madison County"? Meryl Streep is also in it and she is awesome as always.

If you want a tear-jerker novel, you should definitely check out "Flowers for Algernon" by Daniel Keyes, in case you haven't read it already. It is an amazing novel that I got hooked on almost from the first paragraph, and I can almost guarantee that you will gush tears nearly the entire way through, regardless of whether you are in public or not.

If you like Clint Eastwood, have you seen "Bridges of Madison County"? Meryl Streep is also in it and she is awesome as always.

If you want a tear-jerker novel, you should definitely check out "Flowers for Algernon" by Daniel Keyes, in case you haven't read it already. It is an amazing novel that I got hooked on almost from the first paragraph, and I can almost guarantee that you will gush tears nearly the entire way through, regardless of whether you are in public or not.

I haven't watched it. Going to download now. :D

I'm going to head to the bookstore if its available here. I wish it is, but i'm going to read in private hahaha don't want to attract attention if i cry in public ;p

Thank you so much for the suggestions! :D

Reactions: Free and invisible
I haven't watched it. Going to download now. :D

I'm going to head to the bookstore if its available here. I wish it is, but i'm going to read in private hahaha don't want to attract attention if i cry in public ;p

Thank you so much for the suggestions! :D

Hey, thank you for appreciating my suggestions, and I hope you enjoy them. Even if they aren't the crying festivals that you dream of, I think you will still get something out of them.

Reactions: James and Free
Hey, thank you for appreciating my suggestions, and I hope you enjoy them. Even if they aren't the crying festivals that you dream of, I think you will still get something out of them.

I'm sure i'll enjoy them. I'm always up for something new ;) yeah i'm sure i'll get something out of it whether it would make me cry or not hahaha thank you thank you :D

Reactions: James and Free
I recommend watching the series finale of The Office. I lost it when Michael appeared out of nowhere and said "that's what she said."

Reactions: Free and Bellosome
If you like anime, I recommend "Grave of the Fireflies." Warning, though; it's pretty gut-wrenching.
Young adult - see "Bridge to Terabithia"
Young fantasy (if you don't mind shaky-cam) - Beasts of the Southern Wild
Based on historical events - either Sometimes in April (https://vimeo.com/25283728) or Hotel Rwanda
Biography - The Normal Heart
Animal movie - Hachi: A Dog's Tale
Lesser known/seen - 7 Pounds
War themes - The Boy in the Striped Pajamas or Saving Private Ryan

Last edited:
Watership down...the one with all the bunnies in it.

If you like anime, I recommend "Grave of the Fireflies." Warning, though; it's pretty gut-wrenching.
Young fantasy (if you don't mind shaky-cam) - Beasts of the Southern Wild
Based on historical events - either Sometimes in April (
) or Hotel Rwanda
Biography - The Normal Heart
Animal movie - Hachi: A Dog's Tale
Lesser known/seen - 7 Pounds
War themes - The Boy in the Striped Pajamas or Saving Private Ryan

i have watched Hach, Saving Private Ryan and The boy in Striped Pajamas..
i'm going to watch the rest of what you listed. thank you so much. :)

Agreed.

Also:

My Girl
Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father
Dancer In The Dark

Bridge to Tarabithia is a good one, agree with other posters here.

The Green Mile
Marley and Me

Songs that always make me cry include:
Hurt by Johnny Cash (original by NIN is pretty gripping too)
Hero of War by Rise Against gets me every time.

Atonement

The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Away From Her

The Hunt

Project Nim

The Pursuit of Happyness

Philadelphia

Schindler's List

Reactions: Bellosome and James
The Pianist

Jean de florette

Il Postino

Truly, Madly, Deeply

Beware Truly Madly Deeply - if you have a romantic heart, you will never forget it lol.