"I love the way you love me" | INFJ Forum

"I love the way you love me"

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, what's been good about the way loved ones cared for you?

Last edited:
Reactions: slant
question edited :)

Reactions: Stu
When I'm trusted enough to dominate the relationship and make decisions.

They gave all encompassing bear hugs with warmth. :hug:

I thought it was really nice when someone posted Perfect Day (BBC commercial version) on my Myspace way back when. I was very touched.

It was also really, really nice when one person would just lay around with me and watch tv shows cuddled up on a couch.

Lying in the grass hand-in-hand in just pure silence, locking eyes.

I've been single now for about 4 months, and I honestly cannot remember anything about how it was to be in love.

I do recall my daily gifts of Tim Horton's tea for him each morning.
I do recall my trying to be romantic with him.
I do recall spending time just hangin' out at home together.

But who needs love anyway? It just makes a mess! :m027:

This one's for my kids:

When we gaze into each other's eyes and share complete trust.

When they ask to start out in my bed at night.

When they hug me and relax.

When we have our friday night movie, games and pizza nights.

When they say; "Thank you".

When they give me shoulder and back rubs.

Reactions: Faye
One thing I've learned is "no means no" and that both parties should respect this. If she says no, even if it sounds like she's joking, it's over. Same for the guy.

Never push the envelope and never assume something is "okay" when it might not be.

Reactions: Faye and Ria
I thought it was really nice when someone posted Perfect Day (BBC commercial version) on my Myspace way back when. I was very touched.

It was also really, really nice when one person would just lay around with me and watch tv shows cuddled up on a couch.

Yeh...couch cuddling while watching a movie. That's a good one also.

This one's for my kids:

When we gaze into each other's eyes and share complete trust.

When they ask to start out in my bed at night.

When they hug me and relax.

When we have our friday night movie, games and pizza nights.

When they say; "Thank you".

When they give me shoulder and back rubs.

This. I remember those days and miss them, but they were great while they lasted.

Reactions: Ria
Ive been decieved in the past to believe for "a blink of an eye" that i was somewhat understood in any way. Ive been told too many times that i use "emoting" as a weapon and that if by chance id cry once in a blue moon (because i wont be emotional in the company of someone) i am being manipulative.
Feels like some people assume i have no feelings - when in fact sometimes im overcome.

I guess when it isnt reflective of JUST me or anything to do with my appearance.
Unexpected affection, even if im rendered uncomfertabe, if you are a confidant you will cause a bit of an inner storm of gratitude maybe a half formed tear in the corner of my eye that ofc has dried up before you even knew it was there in the first place. :m027:

With my INFJ, I've been so blessed. She's the love of my life, and has been for 35 years.

When my husband is chopping up vegetables for a salad, he always slips a piece of avacado into my mouth.

Reactions: Gaze
Listening and really hearing. I have little to go on besides this.

And when they love me enough to let me listen and hear them..... and vice versa. It is the greatest feeling in the world to really open up and then be empathized with..... or to empathize with someone else when they open up.

Reactions: Gaze