"I got your back . . ."

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What does that mean to you?

Last edited:
If there is crime to be done, I will help you get away from the cops!

nothing at all. people don't mean what they say, learned it in the hard way :pout:

In my experience people who wanted me to believe that were typically just trying to get me to let my guard down. Last time someone told me that they tried to hit on my gf behind my back.

That last time I told someone this was about forty-five minutes ago when I told him I had told the others he had fallen asleep.

And I meant it.

Reactions: the
When I'm at fault I prefer to be corrected, not backed up. However I've noticed that with many other people this preference seems to be the other way around, so sometimes I may back them up dearly, against my better reasoning, if I estimate that they couldn't make it otherwise. I then would proceed to explain their own faults to them later, when they are not "under fire" anymore, and it's just between us.

It means that if someone tries to drop-kick me, they will grab that person and drop-kick them first.

At least, that is what it meant in middle school. Heaven forbid I have to have that said to me in seriousness again.

Reactions: the
Its just one of those meaningless social things to say to sound "gangsta!" or "ninja!". Most people run at the first sign of trouble and honestly I dont like to be around the people who attract too much non-sense in the first place.

Reactions: enfp can be shy
Its just one of those meaningless social things to say to sound "gangsta!" or "ninja!". Most people run at the first sign of trouble and honestly I dont like to be around the people who attract too much non-sense in the first place.
Eh! What've you got against Ninjas!?

Yes, I agree. I've been in some extremely awkward situations where people attracted trouble I didn't want to deal with; thankfully I was able to resolve them without someone getting hurt.

To some folk it simply means they are claiming your back for somewhere to stab you when you are not looking and they wish to take advantage of you, letting everyone else know that spot is theirs.

When a person is in a dangerous situation it is good to have someone they trust watch their back. Four eyes can give a 360 degree field of view when necessary. If someone is approaching from your backside, your partner has your back and will not only alert you to the threat but can take care of that threat if necessary, and vice versa.

Glad this didn't turn into a Hannibal joke thread.

means the person's loyal to you, that they'll stay and help protect you if something goes wrong.

whether they actually will or not is another issue :p