"I got your back . . ." | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

"I got your back . . ."

means the person's loyal to you, that they'll stay and help protect you if something goes wrong.

whether they actually will or not is another issue :p

kinda agree.

Means "I'm with you in spirit and spirit only, and I'll probably bitch out when trouble rears it's head."

Means (when I say it, I've never heard anybody say it to me) that I will do anything I can to help you out, so long as we both will make it through.

means the person's loyal to you, that they'll stay and help protect you if something goes wrong.

This ^^^. I don't say something unless I mean it. I ususally don't say that until after I've shown someone that I have their back. Then they know I mean it, because there are a lot of people that just throw that phrase out there because it sounds cool. It means you are brothers when the going gets tough.

I think it's something people say when they don't have your back... because generally, people who do have your back don't have to reassure you with a cliche

I will be there for you. I will protect you, I will catch you, I will support you, I will stand up for you. I will be there for you.

I am more of an actions speak louder than words person. Of course when I have a friend, or someone I love I actually do have their back. And this is what I would do, and mean. ^^

Last edited:
The words don't mean much of anything to me. Previous and future actions speak volumes.

Hm, I have said it to people, meant it, they believed it, I followed through and everything was hunky-dory.

//shrugs

Hm, I have said it to people, meant it, they believed it, I followed through and everything was hunky-dory.

//shrugs

You helped move bodies???

*fears the scary bunny eyes*

This thread is evidence that many don't take the phrase at face value, which says something about how we should use this phrase.

That word has never been said to me by people other than my parents and sister.

I have tho said it to one person (again other than my family), and I meant that I will be there for them and I will support them and care for them when they need me. So far I have kept my word, regardless of whether it was reciprocated or not.

I'd rather people not say it to me, because I will expect them to keep their words, and I'd rather not have expectations of people.

By people, I mean just anybody. If it's someone important then I'll trust them to keep their word, but I don't have a lot of those so.

I have never thought of "playas" or "gangstas" when hearing this phrase.

That word has never been said to me by people other than my parents and sister.

I have tho said it to one person (again other than my family), and I meant that I will be there for them and I will support them and care for them when they need me. So far I have kept my word, regardless of whether it was reciprocated or not.

I'd rather people not say it to me, because I will expect them to keep their words, and I'd rather not have expectations of people.

By people, I mean just anybody. If it's someone important then I'll trust them to keep their word, but I don't have a lot of those so.

Agree.