I am ashamed of how little my country has done to help the Syrian refugees | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

I am ashamed of how little my country has done to help the Syrian refugees

Meh. We are not responsible for taking care of the world and never were. What makes me sick is the massive amount of money we give to other countries for aid and other things that we could be using for our own.

You are right, but it was mostly us that destabilized the region so that makes us mostly responsible for it in my book, at least partially.
We do have a massive poverty problem here in the US, but then when folks like me want to address it…then we hear the Fox News “nation of takers” banter.

Prove it.
I linked what I provided, now prove it.
Quit talking and flapping your mouth all the time and prove it.

As has been stated before several times, Wikipedia cant be considered factual. You cant mix some fact in and call the whole thing fact. Try to write a report in school and cite Wikipedia as your only source and you will fail for a reason.
What I stated you dont need a news station to tell you. Obama inherited the war and did nit secure a way for troops to stay. Thats just undisputed fact. So ...what more do you need?

As has been stated before several times, Wikipedia cant be considered factual. You cant mix some fact in and call the whole thing fact. Try to write a report in school and cite Wikipedia as your only source and you will fail for a reason.
What I stated you dont need a news station to tell you. Obama inherited the war and did nit secure a way for troops to stay. Thats just undisputed fact. So ...what more do you need?

Dude, I’m so tired of this same old argument that the sources aren’t any good…except when they serve your purpose.

From the bottom of the page -

48px-PD-icon.svg.png

This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States federal government (see 17 U.S.C. 105).
48px-Great_Seal_of_the_United_States_%28obverse%29.svg.png
If you really want I will find you the PDF file for the document that Bush signed telling us we had to withdrawal by such and such date.
It’s all very black and white.

Just a little blurb from that same PDF -

shall take effect no later than June 30, 2009, the
date for the withdrawal of combat forces from the cities, villages, and
localities.

When I see our country move the largest military to a specific country that it wants to attack…Iraq, Afghanistan…and they can do it pretty damn fast.
And I see all the money just thrown in the garbage by them as waste….did you know we blew up half the vehicles in Afghanistan because it was cheaper than flying them home?
And yet, we as supposedly civilized countries cannot mobilize a mass humanitarian aid?
I find our priorities disgusting and morally reprehensible on a human level.

We do not live in the same country.

Dude, I’m so tired of this same old argument that the sources aren’t any good…except when they serve your purpose.

From the bottom of the page -

48px-PD-icon.svg.png

This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States federal government (see 17 U.S.C. 105).
48px-Great_Seal_of_the_United_States_%28obverse%29.svg.png
If you really want I will find you the PDF file for the document that Bush signed telling us we had to withdrawal by such and such date.
It’s all very black and white.

I hope you live a full and happy life. I also hope one day you choose to stop remaining knowingly ignorant to serve your predisposition.

I hope you live a full and happy life. I also hope one day you choose to stop remaining knowingly ignorant to serve your predisposition.

I have now given you 3 links and/or direct and traceable quotes and you have given me your opinion of “how ignorant” I am 3 times in response with no links or information discrediting what I am saying/posting.
So who here is really living in a “knowingly ignorant predisposition”?

Me: Fact, link, fact
You: Opinion, opinion, opinion (mostly about me no less).

I asked you directly to prove me wrong and you still haven’t shown me anything in response.
If your information is so strong and factual then it should speak for itself.
Present it or quit whining.

Last edited:

Maybe you need to look in the mirror. You clearly pick and choose what backs your predispositions.

All of you who choose to talk politics over humanity, you are entitled to your opinions, but what I see are human souls, innocent people, children, no different than you or me, who, by a stroke of luck were born in a country that is now at war and unliveable. You can choose to believe that, for some reason, because you are European, Canadian, American...that somehow you deserve better than they do. I don't see it that way. Everybody deserves peace and the chance to live free and not in the line of danger. I will admit that I don't know what the right political and/or military action would be in this case. However, I don't trust that governments know that either, or how to not make things worse. What I do know is that we have a responsibility as a human family to take care of all the children in the world. No, we can't save them all, but we can do so much better.

Maybe you need to look in the mirror. You clearly pick and choose what backs your predispositions.

Well Im sure skarekrow can take some bolster from your post. If this is the conclusion from what you have gathered from my posts than it is what it is. Of course I cant guess at what all you have read and what you have not. I know I am correct in my assessment and in the information I have poured through.
All these conversations provide me is simply more reason to ignore liberal input. Highly irrational and based on little if any real world fact. Not like thats a surprise though

All of you who choose to talk politics over humanity, you are entitled to your opinions, but what I see are human souls, innocent people, children, no different than you or me, who, by a stroke of luck were born in a country that is now at war and unliveable. You can choose to believe that, for some reason, because you are European, Canadian, American...that somehow you deserve better than they do. I don't see it that way. Everybody deserves peace and the chance to live free and not in the line of danger. I will admit that I don't know what the right political and/or military action would be in this case. However, I don't trust that governments know that either, or how to not make things worse. What I do know is that we have a responsibility as a human family to take care of all the children in the world. No, we can't save them all, but we can do so much better.

This really isnt whats being discussed here. Would it be nice if people did not die in the world? Would it be nice if no one had to suffer in the world? Yes of course. But I do not know any of these people personally just as I did not know any of the 2 hundred and fifty thousand people who died in Indonesia from a tsunami. Ill save my heart for those I know directly just as I will save my action.
Hmmmm.... since you care so much, maybe you would like to donate some of your own time to these people?

I have now given you 3 links and/or direct and traceable quotes and you have given me your opinion of “how ignorant” I am 3 times in response with no links or information discrediting what I am saying/posting.
So who here is really living in a “knowingly ignorant predisposition”?

Me: Fact, link, fact
You: Opinion, opinion, opinion (mostly about me no less).

I asked you directly to prove me wrong and you still haven’t shown me anything in response.
If your information is so strong and factual then it should speak for itself.
Present it or quit whining.

We arent talking about Bush. This has nothing to do with what Bush did or did not do. Bush has long since stopped being President so stop trying to blame the worlds problems on a person who has not had anything to do with anything since 2008. Do you get that? Its a very simple concept. Obama who said not long ago that the news stations were making ISIS out to be a bigger problem than they really were. And...here we are today. So...what exactly is your point again? Oh yes, Bush is responsible for the drought in some obscure area of the country because his evil is so far reaching. Give it a rest please.

This really isnt whats being discussed here. Would it be nice if people did not die in the world? Would it be nice if no one had to suffer in the world? Yes of course. But I do not know any of these people personally just as I did not know any of the 2 hundred and fifty thousand people who died in Indonesia from a tsunami. Ill save my heart for those I know directly just as I will save my action.
Hmmmm.... since you care so much, maybe you would like to donate some of your own time to these people?

Since I started this thread then I say this is what I was discussing when I started it. You can have whatever opinion you want, opinions are neither right nor wrong. You can take one stand on this, I'll take another. I have limited power to help in this case except in trying to influence my government and participating in the upcoming election and that's what I'll do. Personally I don't do the us vs them thing, I see us all as one big human family, borders and politics may try to stop us but luckily there are still some people who can see the bigger picture. My heart bleeds more for those poor kids and their families who are willing to take huge risks to try to get to a safer place than they do for those around me who frankly are doing quite well in comparison.

Since I started this thread then I say this is what I was discussing when I started it. You can have whatever opinion you want, opinions are neither right nor wrong. You can take one stand on this, I'll take another. I have limited power to help in this case except in trying to influence my government and participating in the upcoming election and that's what I'll do. Personally I don't do the us vs them thing, I see us all as one big human family, borders and politics may try to stop us but luckily there are still some people who can see the bigger picture. My heart bleeds more for those poor kids and their families who are willing to take huge risks to try to get to a safer place than they do for those around me who frankly are doing quite well in comparison.

So...Im sorry you clearly care very deeply for whats happening to these people. What exactly are you doing to help them again? The election right.
I do not understand this way of thinking.

It is not as simple as that.