IndigoSensor

Product Obtained
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2 sx/so/sp
Have any of you ever been hypnotized before? If so what was it like, and how did you act?

I have been hypnotized once. It was my Senior year of high school. I went under extremely easily, and I ended up being the "star" through out the show cause I always was the most loud, vocal, and animated.

Apparently my personality and mind is in such a away that I go under extremely easily.

It was a strange experience. I felt like I was still in control; I just didn't care. All my inhabitions completly went away and I just cut loose with everything. Another strange thing is I have almost no visual memory of it. It is all sensory and auditory.

I've never been hypnotized before, but I did some stage hypnotizing as a "magician" for a talent show. I intended it to be humorous and to NOT work, but I accidentally sent someone under..... It was pretty cool.

I'd like for someone to try to hypnotize me sometime, just to see what it would be like, or if I could be hypnotized at all.

I'm one of those who is impossible to hypnotise. I'm getting better at learning to hypnotise though.

I occasionally do self-hypnosis out of curiosity. It's weird. Often you think "I can do X even though the hypnotizer told me not to, I just don't feel like doing X though."

When I went to a geeky summer camp I did research on suggestibility, the ability to be hypnotized. People were shown images of themselves as infants riding in a hot-air-balloon. However, the pictures were photoshopped, and the parents confirmed that the test subjects never rode in one. Subjects who were most easily hypnotized were more likely to "remember" being in the photo, to the point where they could talk about specific details of the "event".

I'm one of those who is impossible to hypnotise. I'm getting better at learning to hypnotise though.

It's probably your ENTP ego getting in the way :m131:
"You are getting sleepy..."
"I'll get sleepy when I feel like it, dammit!"

I've tried, I've honestly tried. I even tried self hypnosis on tape for certain things but I've never been able to go under. It's frustrating in some ways.

I watched hypnosis videos and nothing happened but the music kind of made me drowsy afterwards.

It's probably your ENTP ego getting in the way :m131:
"You are getting sleepy..."
"I'll get sleepy when I feel like it, dammit!"

The extremely sad thing is that is exactly why I can't be hypnotized. I believe the last time someone tried it went like this.

"You're getting sleepy. Your eyes are getting heavy. Counting backwards from 5 when I reach one you will be asleep."
"5 - starts closing eyes"
"4 - pretends to close eyes more"
"3 - closes eyes"
"2 - tightens eyes"
"1 and you're asleep. Now how do you feel?"
".... like you're an idiot. Opens eyes and leaves smirking."

http://www.sailesh.ca/

I saw this guy live, but when I started feeling myself going under I got scared and gave up. I'm glad I didn't do it too because the people on the stage were acting insane. I would have died from embarrassment.

The only other hypnotism I've had is my old therapist, who is a hypnotist, made me a tape once.

I never want to lose self awareness. I think in my sleep, and sometimes the thoughts wake me up. Never lose awareness.

I have tried to get hypnotized several times by videos, but not by a professional. I suspect I would not be able to "go under," however.

When I started feeling myself going under I got scared and gave up. I'm glad I didn't do it too because the people on the stage were acting insane. I would have died from embarrassment.

Several of my friends at the live show started to go under and got scared as well, and forced themselves out of it. Some got on stage too but got booted quickly. However I started to go under right away and I was like "woooooah, this is freaky! and... cool! *let's go*" I have this inate feeling deep down in me where I just want to let go and completly lose control (likely because I need to constantly have control). So part of me wanted to I guess.

Now this is a KEY point: I am so easily embaressed it isn't even funny. But it wasn't a factor, and I didn't feel it, let me explain what I did first.

This is some of the stuff I did on stage: Thought music was coming out of my shoe. I yelled a girl because she was told to forget the number 7, and and threw her off the chair at one point. I was told that I thought I was a contestent in amercias next top model and was told to dance on stage with a pink boa. And oh man did I dance. I went all out and just completly threw myself everywhere. I remember everyone laughing hysterical, and I thought it was all of us (remember I have no visual memory). At the end I felt him place a feather in my shirt. "clearly he was the star, I am gonna leave him this as a present" and later leared that I was the point of laughter. At the end we were sent back to the audience and my suggestion was to shout "I am the oscar meyer weiner!" when ever my school name was said, as loud as I could. And oh man did I shout it.

My friends told me afterwords that I was incredibly animated and expressive, way more them the others. This makes sense to me because through out all of this it was like what I want to do, and how I feel inside most of the time was allowed to escape. and the world could see it. At the end of the show he also told us that people who are easily hypnotized are intelligent, creative, highly imaginative, idealistic, and appear very reserved. All of these apply to me. My friends all patted me on the shoulder when he said this (I was still under).

Through out all of this, at no moment did I feel the slightest bit of embaressment. It was a very strange feeling. It was like I was watching myself doing all of the things I was doing. I knew I could get back in control if I wanted to, but I didn't care. Embaressment melted away from me. Looking back I think; god I should have felt horribly embaressed, but I didn't. In the moment though, I didn't feel it.

Because of all of this, and the fact that I am so easily sent under, I will never do a home hypnosis thing created by someone else. It could flat out be dangerous. I think I have sent myself into self hypnosis states in the past, but that's it.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, but what do you mean you don't have any visual memory?

Thanks for that, but what do you mean you don't have any visual memory?

I don't remember what I saw. It was as if I was blind on stage, or more accuratly, like everything was very out of focus. But while I was there, I could see fine. I remember that the lights looked very sparkly, like how light looks when you cry. I just don't remember anything that I saw. I remember I saw people, but I don't remember who they are. It's very strange.

I go to hypnosis quite often. I went before I started Uni, before I started my new job last year and before I do any major presentation. I also practise self-hypnosis. It is the most incredible skill to have. I was absolutely awful at meeting new people, it normally takes me around 3 months to settle into a new environment. But with the hypno I fitted in right away, into both new environments and was myself right off. Not embarrassed to speak, never blushing (I am a terrible blusher). Using hypno was the first time I've ever given a good presentation without blanking.

How it works is not having high expectations the first time. The first time will be rubbish, even after an hour in hypnotism. I had 4 sessions to prepare me for change and every time you go a little deeper. New Age music playing in the background gets your brain drifting and floating and more susceptible to suggestion. Clicking your fingers when you tell yourself to "sleep" works as well.

While I am hypnotised my brain and my head starts to feel heavier and heavier, eventually dropping down so my chin hits my chest. This is usually a very uncomfortable position for me but you don't really feel pain when you are under. At this stage I start to speak, or think positive thoughts. "You are going to have a really good day today. You are going to smile at everyone you see. People will be attracted to you because of your warm and friendly nature, and you like people because you find them interesting and you want to find out more about them. Every day in every day you are becoming more and more confident. Every day in every way you are progressing as a person." This stuff really works. The vocabulary is supposed to be aimed at a 7 or 8 year old, as these kinds of orders are the sort that our subconscious responds to.

After I have done hypnosis, I feel incredibly relaxed. Spaced out, so that i feel like whatever situtation I get into I will always make the right decision unphased, and I will find it impossible to blush etc. The feeling tends to wear off after maybe a day, but I always find I am more talkative, happier and less anxious for the entire day.

I could go on for hours about this, it is my favourite thing.

I don't remember what I saw. It was as if I was blind on stage, or more accuratly, like everything was very out of focus. But while I was there, I could see fine. I remember that the lights looked very sparkly, like how light looks when you cry. I just don't remember anything that I saw. I remember I saw people, but I don't remember who they are. It's very strange.

Okay, that makes sense. For a second I thought you meant you didn't have visual memory in general.

I don't think I'll be hypnotized ever. I just honestly do NOT trust someone enough to put myself into their hands completely. So I won't allow myself to be hypnotized, to give up control. And no, no one's ever tried on me, but you have to voluntarily surrender your will for it to work (from what I hear).

I've never been hypnotised, and I don't seem to be susceptible to it for the reasons stated above(I'll go to sleep when I want to go to sleep), but I think I had entered a state like it once after I came out of surgery once(After waking up from the anesthetic), based on what Indigo posted. I was much, much more mobilized and impulsive than usual. When I woke, I sat up immediately and was ready to leave right away, and the medical staff had to hold me back until they were sure my legs would actually let me walk and weren't still numb. I remember it too. Just thinking, "Well thats done, guess I'll go home now".

Definitely a unique state of mind. No inhibitions whatsoever. I doubt I'll ever be hypnotised though.

I don't think I'll be hypnotized ever. I just honestly do NOT trust someone enough to put myself into their hands completely. So I won't allow myself to be hypnotized, to give up control. And no, no one's ever tried on me, but you have to voluntarily surrender your will for it to work (from what I hear).

I think I share the same feelings as you do Milon. I have issues trusting people in general; I wouldn't want someone to have control over me that way.