Hurricane Harvey affects Texas | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Hurricane Harvey affects Texas

Oh nice! I figured.

I have two friends who have been staying with me for the past few days. Their hopes and homes are completely destroyed. Their cars are as well.

That's awful. I can't even imagine losing my home like that. I mean, it's material possessions, sure, but to lose all of it at once and be displaced, is just devastating. It's nice that you're housing them. At least they have someplace to go.

Yup, one of my friends, a recent law school graduate, whose home was destroyed is out on a date at the moment. He's been staying with me for a few days now. The girl he met on tinder picked him up lol. He's been gone since 11AM and plans on returning at 9PM. Then, it's clubbing time. She had to pick him up because his poor car got wrecked in the flood. This is his third date with her. oooooo. Let's see what happens. :tonguewink:

Oh nice! I figured.

I have two friends who have been staying with me for the past few days. Their hopes and homes are completely destroyed. Their cars are as well.

Awwwwwwwww..... :(

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
Yup, one of my friends, a recent law school graduate, whose home was destroyed is out on a date at the moment. He's been staying with me for a few days now. The girl he met on tinder picked him up lol. He's been gone since 11AM and plans on returning at 9PM. Then, it's clubbing time. She had to pick him up because his poor car got wrecked in the flood. This is his third date with her. oooooo. Let's see what happens. :tonguewink:

If they make it as a couple they'll have a story to tell. Like, I lost everything, but I found this girl...on Tinder.

Hope you are okay @Kgal. :)

Thank you! Other than the local grocery and Walmart being out of many items we normally eat.... I'm good. We have power....which then provides us with our own well Water and A/C. The dogs are happy they can run through the property now. My sister and her family now have power and well water too down there in the devastated area.
This gives us a breather before the heavy duty cleanup, heart breaks, and rebuilding begin in earnest.

Last edited:
I feel like an asshole cause I forgot to check up on one of my friends in the Houston area until today, cause he's not on Facebook. His house was under 8 feet (!!!!) of water at one point. Still 4 feet today and it might be weeks before it's all drained off. In his words, "lots of couch surfing" is his current order of the day. To echo what others have said, what an awfully devastating event.

And not to be the harbinger of doom, but Irma's shaping up to be a total disaster for the state of Florida. 185 mph winds. :coldsweat: Hopefully it won't live up to the current hype.

I feel like an asshole cause I forgot to check up on one of my friends in the Houston area until today, cause he's not on Facebook. His house was under 8 feet (!!!!) of water at one point. Still 4 feet today and it might be weeks before it's all drained off. In his words, "lots of couch surfing" is his current order of the day. To echo what others have said, what an awfully devastating event.

And not to be the harbinger of doom, but Irma's shaping up to be a total disaster for the state of Florida. 185 mph winds. :coldsweat: Hopefully it won't live up to the current hype.

Actually S. FL is doing a huge amount of prep right now, with some schools are already closing starting wed or thurs. People buying out water and gas. I mean prep has gone from 0 to 60 in the last few days.

What is going on?

First Harvey, now this.

I blame the solar eclipse. It only makes sense to say that after the eclipse things just have not been the same. Frankie also predicts that Austriallia is under a warnin as well. Frankie is usually right.

I really love Texas more than anything, and my home state took a huge toll. :(

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
There are two saviors of Houston. JJ Watt and Mattress Mack.

Reactions: Free and Gaze

Last edited: