Hurricane Harvey affects Texas | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Hurricane Harvey affects Texas

Lord, Please watch over those in the path of the storm and/or its problems it can cause. Please let this stop, and please allow things to be as normal as can be as quickly as can be. I know You can stop the storms and the winds and rains. We are not prepared for such things, and ask these things in Your Name. Let there be rainbows where there are rains, and calm waters where there are winds. Even so, come quickly. Thank you. Amen.

Texans all and all are of average intelligence. They leave when there's a threat and pack up when told to go. Threat to life will undoubtedly be minimal as a result. I do feel sorry for those who loose belongings though. You can't take everything with you.

You're an intelligent person. So, you must be ridden with emotion to state that all Texans are of average intelligence.

:confused1:

Never thought I would be saying this, but I hope because Texas is so Right Wing means that they will get aid from the government.

Hah! I sincerely do think that will give them a leg up.

You're an intelligent person. So, you must be ridden with emotion to state that all Texans are of average intelligence.

:confused1:

Hah! I sincerely do think that will give them a leg up.
I should have said at least of average. I did not mean to imply only.
As for the rest...i can not help you not be a fool.

Reactions: Free
I should have said at least of average. I did not mean to imply only.

You might as well say that, "People, all in all, are of average intelligence," but why would anyone type that?

I actually gave you a save -- but if you insist that A=A was what you meant, okay.

As for the rest...i can not help you not be a fool.

You are being silly. It's fine to hate on Texas.

I have never seen water on this place like is evident now. We've received over 12.5 inches of rain in 3 days with the bulk of it in the last 24 hours.
They just posted Harvey is stalling right off the coast....and we can expect 15 to 25 MORE inches of rain into Thursday.
While my house is up on a slight hill and will not flood.... we cannot get out for now.
Basically we prepared for that. I just hope we don't lose electricity for a week like we did during the last hurricane. If it was just me I'd probably be okay...but my Ex and 3 large dogs live with me now...and well... It'll get very "ripe" in here before long if we don't have water. We have our own well system but it runs on electricity....

What I'm really concerned about is my Sister's place an hour south of me. Currently the rain falling north of her is making it's way in to rivers and streams that eventually make their way down to the Gulf. Once that mass of water meets the massive amounts of rain they have received - 20 inches plus - it'll be catastrophic....and I imagine her home will flood.
It'll be bad.... very very bad.

I know you guys are having fun at the expense of the Texans - but while you're thinking of clever jibes and come back retorts maybe you could ask the Universe to let Harvey fizzle out down by the beach.
Thanks.

I have never seen water on this place like is evident now. We've received over 12.5 inches of rain in 3 days with the bulk of it in the last 24 hours.
They just posted Harvey is stalling right off the coast....and we can expect 15 to 25 MORE inches of rain into Thursday.
While my house is up on a slight hill and will not flood.... we cannot get out for now.
Basically we prepared for that. I just hope we don't lose electricity for a week like we did during the last hurricane. If it was just me I'd probably be okay...but my Ex and 3 large dogs live with me now...and well... It'll get very "ripe" in here before long if we don't have water. We have our own well system but it runs on electricity....

What I'm really concerned about is my Sister's place an hour south of me. Currently the rain falling north of her is making it's way in to rivers and streams that eventually make their way down to the Gulf. Once that mass of water meets the massive amounts of rain they have received - 20 inches plus - it'll be catastrophic....and I imagine her home will flood.
It'll be bad.... very very bad.

I know you guys are having fun at the expense of the Texans - but while you're thinking of clever jibes and come back retorts maybe you could ask the Universe to let Harvey fizzle out down by the beach.
Thanks.
Saying stay safe seems inadequate and ridiculous given the circumstance but be smart and alert. We can hope for the best but the universe will continue to ignore us as it likes.

So I'd like to say my comments about previous disasters on my part are real just like everything I say is. The government doesn't care who you are. What political affiliation you hold or the color of your skin. They are not prepared to help people at this type of scale. They've made some improvements but in the grand scheme they are still inadequate. DO NOT depend on them for help. Understand that if you need help you will have to find it for yourself or do it for yourself. Please understand that this is just the way it is.
Be safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Free and James
@Kgal oh and if you are sure you are staying, fill bathtub(s) with water. You can also use water in the toilet tanks. This will give you access to clean water for a while. Hope it doesn't come to it.

Reactions: Free and James
@Kgal

I just managed to go out and drive to a local gas station. It was the only one open in the radius. They were out of milk and bread. :(. I did manage to get some alchohol, chips, Gatorade, water, and other stuff to keep me company while I wait. I am centrally in the middle of downtown Houston. It's not as bad over here. 610 seems clear. Work is cancelled and the U is closed.

Some of these guys are out here hustling. Since everything is closed and most everyone is out of bottled water, these guys are selling a crate of bottled water for almost 20 bucks! So, whoever is open is being a jerk!

I did manage to find a pizza place that's open. I'm waiting on delivery.

Time to drink!

No offense meant at all. Hang in there.

Reactions: Kgal
Saying stay safe seems inadequate and rediculas given the circumstance but be smart and alert. We can hope for the best but the universe will continue to ignore us as it likes.

So I'd like to say my comments about previous disasters on my part are real just like everything I say is. The government doesn't care who you are. What political affiliation you hold or the color of your skin. They are not prepared to help people at this type of scale. They've made some improvements but in the grand scheme they are still inadequate. DO NOT depend on them for help. Understand that if you need help you will have to find it for yourself or do it for yourself. Please understand that this is just the way it is.
Be safe.

Yes...and I know that fact very well. I have worked as a disaster case manager with FEMA for two years providing assessment for Hurricanes Ike (in Texass) and Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey. I am very familiar with the lack of assistance on the part of the governments....whether they be repubs or dems....It DOES NOT MATTER.
They don't care about us...

@Kgal

I just managed to go out and drive to a local gas station. It was the only one open in the radius. They were out of milk and bread. :(. I did manage to get some alchohol, chips, Gatorade, water, and other stuff to keep me company while I wait. I am centrally in the middle of downtown Houston. It's not as bad over here. 610 seems clear. Work is cancelled and the U is closed.

Some of these guys are out here hustling. Since everything is closed and most everyone is out of bottled water, these guys are selling a crate of bottled water for almost 20 bucks! So, whoever is open is being a jerk!

I did manage to find a pizza place that's open. I'm waiting on delivery.

Time to drink!

Yeh....there are Pirates and Gators every where....isn't there?
I'm glad you're finding some respite amidst all of it. AND that your domicile is dry.
I'm gonna have some cold juicy watermelon while I still have a refrigerator.
Cheers!

Yes...and I know that fact very well. I have worked as a disaster case manager with FEMA for two years providing assessment for Hurricanes Ike (in Texass) and Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey. I am very familiar with the lack of assistance on the part of the governments....whether they be repubs or dems....It DOES NOT MATTER.
They don't care about us...
Ok, I feel better. Stay safe.

Yeh....there are Pirates and Gators every where....isn't there?
I'm glad you're finding some respite amidst all of it. AND that your domicile is dry.
I'm gonna have some cold juicy watermelon while I still have a refrigerator.
Cheers!

Sharing is caring. I want some juicy watermelon too. Upon checking my fridge, I only have peaches, pears, apples, and tangerines.

Damn! Haha :p

Reactions: Free