Human > Other forms of Life? | INFJ Forum

Human > Other forms of Life?

sriv

Community Member
May 8, 2008
MBTI
IxTJ
:?: :?: :?:

1) Do you value human life more than other forms of life?
-------------------
2) Are homo sapiens superior?
2A) If yes, does this entitle us to abuse our power?
2B) If no, why?

(idk if "abuse" is the right word. I don't want any subconscious negative connotation.)
--------------------
3) What is worse: human cruelty or non-human cruelty?
3A) giving end
3B) recieving end
--------------------
4) What is better: human altruism or non-human altruism?
4A) giving end
4B) recieving end
--------------------
5) Should non-humans be extended the same rights as humans, although they may not adhere to those same rights themselves?
---------------------
6) How much effort should we make to stop animal endangerment or extinction?
6A) When we are the cause of the problem.
6B) When we are not the cause of the problem.
---------------------
New questions are welcome. I patiently wait for the results :)

sriv said:

Not really. Biodiversity is essential for supporting human life on this planet and ecologically, we are just one species.

2B) If no, why?

(idk if "abuse" is the right word. I don't want any subconscious negative connotation.)

I don't know what would make us superior. We just evolved different faculties and have made good use of them.

3) What is worse: human cruelty or animal cruelty?

What is the difference? Humans have to be cruel to be cruel to animals. And humans are animals, so being cruel to each other is also animal cruelty.

4) What is better: human altruism or animal altruism?

Again, what is the difference?

5) Should animals be extended the same rights as humans, although they may not adhere to those same rights themselves?

Rights are meaningless to animals. Rights only apply to humans. As such, the question isn't what rights animals have, but what rights humans have in relation to animals. Do humans have the right to abuse animals? Not in this country.

A lot.

It's our duty.

There isn't any sense because we would have to interfere with something else in the environment in order to bring the balance we want.

Semantics, semantics...annoying me day by day.

Satya said:
sriv said:
Semantics, semantics...annoying me day by day.

You need to trade in your Te for some Ti. :p

Um...no thanks. But I will have to pay more attention to it. This is a forum full of people with tertiary Ti. :x

This thread should be called, Shai Gar > Other forms of life?

What happened to sriv?

I don't know he's seemed to fall of the face of the internet.

I had to provide my own answers, sorry if it doesn't help as much as following the multiple choice.

--Value in what sense?
-------------------
--Define superior.
--------------------
--Neither, cruelty is cruelty. Abusing the rights of an agent is always wrong, no matter the agent.
--------------------
--Altruism is good either way, so I'd say neither is "better," although "better" is a vague term.
--------------------
5) Should non-humans be extended the same rights as humans, although they may not adhere to those same rights themselves?

--Not the same rights no, but they have rights none-the-less. You can't give the right of freedom of religion to an animal because they don't practice religion. You can't extend the same right of freedom of movement to an animal as you would a human because animals don't have the same sense of reason or morality as people...they tend to bite a lot quicker then humans!
---------------------

--We should extend quite the effort. Intellectually the only reason I can think of is to protect the right to life of animals. The main reason I must admit is completely emotional/aesthetic...and that's because animals are beautiful and fascinating and should be preserved if only to learn about and admire.

vague thread is vague

try again.

:?: :?: :?:

-------------------
2B) If no, why?

--------------------
3A) giving end
3B) recieving end
--------------------
4A) giving end
4B) recieving end
--------------------
---------------------
---------------------
New questions are welcome. I patiently wait for the results :)
1: Yes
2: Than what, in what aspects?
2b: Since we are 'superior' shouldn't we know what the right amount of 'force' and stuff to apply, not just abusing it?
3: Human cruelty
3A: If we have the power to avoid abusing people, then we should avoid abusing them
3b: Should be able to fight back? I dk
4: Neither
5: Yes, they should have some 'basic' rights, I guess. (Rights are figments of imagination, though)
6:
6a:If we are somehow endangering the welfare of an animal, I think we should try our best to prevent the animal from going extinct to an extent
6b: Nope, it's the way of the world. Things mutate or die out.

Edit: I was halfway through when I realized that you were, pretty much, arguing semantics. (i'm used to it though, intj forum)

Last edited: