The Purpose of Life | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

The Purpose of Life

i think its all random and meaningless and at a point in history they came up with this concept to try to somehow cover up this all randomness !!! this is what i believe according to my experiences today and maybe someday i will come to a better understanding of this purpose but who knows right ?

Yes, God for N would be necessarily pantheistic - one that is represented by the totality of facts. To borrow from Wittgenstein: God is everything that is the case.

Not to play the finicky academic, but do you have quotes/passages to back up these interpretations? Wittgenstein says that the world is all that is the case, i.e. the totality of facts, but I haven't come across an indication that he associates the world with God.

That said, I agree that Nietzsche and Wittgenstein have a lot more in common than commonly assumed. I've actually thought a lot about that in the past--maybe we could create a separate thread on the topic to discuss this further.

Not to play the finicky academic, but do you have quotes/passages to back up these interpretations? Wittgenstein says that the world is all that is the case, i.e. the totality of facts, but I haven't come across an indication that he associates the world with God.

That said, I agree that Nietzsche and Wittgenstein have a lot more in common than commonly assumed. I've actually thought a lot about that in the past--maybe we could create a separate thread on the topic to discuss this further.
I took the statement and changed world to God because it's functionally the same in this case, even if he doesn't assign the same significance to it. As for N, I don't think there's any single passage that can evidence this. It's my synthesis based on all I know of him right now.

I'm in. Although I wouldn't really know where to begin without something to prompt the connection.

A very important 10min video that explain life purpose as it has never been explained before
I cant share links just type the www.

.youtube.com/watch?v=cxC-2SvSGIw

"The purpose of human life": we all understand things better when exposed to such things. A lot of folk here and there think it is all about helping human life in the future, which is a type of parental thought. Individually, we may do things for children; but, what about ourselves? What about those that cared for us? What about those who died for us?

Some of us are allowed to see down the road of life in ways others cannot see. Some of us can see where we are needed the most and make that our purpose, even caring for our parents so they can enjoy their lives better. Children are a great way to serve our purpose. Not everyone has children.

St. Jude's Children's Hospital most likely came from experiences that became vision. The vision became purpose.

How many of us have but only one purpose? Many have more than one purpose; but are we getting too individualistic, maybe?

Maybe the purpose of life existed before the fall of man? If so, could it be possible it is to return to our original purpose before sin? We have a way, do we not?

Maybe our purpose is to learn to see, possibly the way we were meant to see? Maybe we all should be of influence to others around ourselves. To help each other? To try and love each other?

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven