How would you rate your level of attractiveness? | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

How would you rate your level of attractiveness?

How would you rate your level of attractiveness?

• Hot!!!!

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Above Average

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Average - i'm attractive enough

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Below average

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Not attractive at all

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters
Maybe I'm an idiot but I've never factored in finances in terms of relationship suitability.

Reactions: Wyote and acd
Reactions: Littlelissa

It's true finances can be a major source of strain in a relationship, but I also think it's highly suspect if one of your primary reasons for settling down with some particular someone is financial.

Reactions: acd
It's true finances can be a major source of strain in a relationship, but I also think it's highly suspect if one of your primary reasons for settling down with some particular someone is financial.
Why? Don't you want to have the means to send your little ones to the best private schools?

Why? Don't you want to have the means to send your little ones to the best private schools?

Not if I have to wake up everyday look in the face of my S.O. and grit my teeth thinking 'why did I wind up here'. I mean if your heart and soul's not in it, it's a lie. A lot of people live like that but that's not for me. If money and heart combine then great.

That's just how I've lived my life. Many women would never dream of being single and would rather stay unhappy/moderately happy in a relationship because of the comfort and security it gives them. I value my independence too much to do that and have lived with the challenges of not having that support.

Last edited:
Not if I have to wake up everyday look in the face of my S.O. and grit my teeth thinking 'why did I wind up here'. I mean if your heart and soul's not in it, it's a lie. A lot of people live like that but that's not for me. If money and heart combine then great.
Marriage (being a contract) and love aren't necessarily one in the same. Spouses can always sleep in separate bedrooms, if it comes to it, with separate people. The heart, like destiny, is an annoyingly fickle burden.

Just joking.

Last edited:
Reactions: CindyLou
I will probably never have kids or marry. I need to become a poet like Emily Dickinson or some other outlandish woman.

I will probably never have kids or marry. I need to become a poet like Emily Dickinson or some other outlandish woman.
I have had similar thoughts recently because divorce is a long and brutal financial struggle, raising children into adulthood is also a demanding process.

With that being said, I'm probably going to just marry and raise a family anyway because dying alone in hermitage without any heirs is a more frightening prospect than losing my entire net worth in a long and drawn-out divorce, if worst comes to worst.

Last edited:
Reactions: Littlelissa
I'm probably going to just marry and raise a family anyway because dying alone in hermitage without any heirs is a more frightening prospect than losing my entire net worth in a long and drawn-out divorce, if worst comes to worst.

Yup, seems to me we're all trying to make some meaning in life, whatever way we choose to go about it.

Below average. I gained a lot of weight since I used to post pics on the forum. It's been quite a fall from the heights of average.

But above average on the inside. :wink:

Reactions: Sloe Djinn
Meaning is for dictionaries. I just don't want to die alone in poverty.

We all die alone and we can't take our wealth with us when we go. (A lot of people forget that and live with a hording mentality. It's a huge mistake in my mind)...

Having had people around you you love is a good way to die though. If I don't have that (children/ partner etc.) I want to feel that I've at least done something worthwhile with my life.

We all die alone and we can't take our wealth with us when we go. (A lot of people forget that and live with a hording mentality. It's a huge mistake in my mind)...

Having had people around you you love is a good way to die though. If I don't have that (children/ partner etc.) I want to feel that I've at least done something worthwhile with my life.
I agree that minimalism makes life easier to organize. I have the same drive for accomplishment which might manifest itself differently in people. I, for example, like to move up hierarchies, get promoted, etc.

Regarding not living an incomplete life, what actions do you think are worth taking?

It depends what your motivation is. It's different for each person. I'm an idealist so I need to follow that to some extent.Your a pragmatist so your happier with certainties.

I guess all any of us can do is try and be true to yourself and follow your heart.

Last edited:
I personally agree with you here, however there are women and men out there shallow enough to only get involved with someone who has a lot of money. I also have zero respect for such people.
Yes, there are all types of people, but I don't think these type of women are as much of "a thing"
as we think. There are quite a few things going on that contribute to the belief that "money
talks". Many ending relationships need a reason that doesn't include me (him in this case), and
demonizes the other (her in this case). If she is the one who is ending the relationship, both
parties will accept this pretense. Perhaps her ego will go along with her ability to acquire what
most people believe is valuable. Perhaps she could diminish her emotions by saying it was for the
money. In the case a guy has little money, and little success with women, he'll demonize money
(as well as anything other than himself). The bottom line is that a superficiality such as money can
be the scapegoat of people's personal failures which run much deeper than what's easy to
blame. Even the women who are actually gold-diggers don't know what they doing, and letting
their egos run their lives, and to erroneously satiate their deprived hearts.

It matters, financial issues are a leading cause of divorce.
Says who? People getting divorced.

I would go into depth on this, but instead of trying to be right, I will just leave you with advice you
can choose to take or leave: "Reasons" which people conclude are usually bullshit. If you cannot
make a woman happy - even if she happens to know what the problem is (it's rare that anyone
actually does) - she will never tell you because you being the problem, is a much more devestating
reality than money. Money is a lot easier to fix and pin-point than within yourself.

Says who? People getting divorced.

I would go into depth on this, but instead of trying to be right, I will just leave you with advice you
can choose to take or leave: "Reasons" which people conclude are usually bullshit. If you cannot
make a woman happy - even if she happens to know what the problem is (it's rare that anyone
actually does) - she will never tell you because you being the problem, is a much more devestating
reality than money. Money is a lot easier to fix and pin-point than within yourself.
1) "Judge people on their actions and not their words."

2) "I can't make people happy because I'm not responsible for their happiness."

Is this an accurate summary?

It depends what your motivation is. It's different for each person. I'm an idealist so I need to follow that to some extent.Your a pragmatist so your happier with certainties.

I guess all any of us can do is try and be true to yourself and follow your heart.
This was a good talk.