How to make female friends? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How to make female friends?

Haha. When I saw this thread, I was anticipating someone was going to write out a step-by-step rubric.

It reminded me of this...

[youtube] <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cj4OqNV59VY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cj4OqNV59VY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object> [/youtube]

Honestly, I don't have anything else to add to the conversation at the moment.

... Those guys piss me off. I'm a geek. Most of us here are.

No geek I've ever met is like that. Not even the nerds.

So?

I'm a geek, and this doesn't bother me in the slightest. I suppose they didn't tell you they were supposed to be caricatures.

But fine, if this offends anyone else, I'll remove the video.

You're not making any sense you crazy woman. :)

Actually, I would think that what you are saying is true, except that in my experience it doesn't seem to be true. Some girls are weird and don't care if you are interested in their interests/emotions or not. I seem to have a knack for finding and having a crush on these particular women.

Not fun. So no, back to making no sense.

That sucks :/ I know some girls who take dating and relationships as more of a power game, or a security blanket (that's a lot of people though -- it's fairly common for people to want a relationship, but neglect their partner, because it's for their own insecurities), or a sort of social status thing.

I dunno. People like that make me nervous though.

Why are you so desperate for female company? It sounds like you're expecting a female friend to satisfy some psychological need of yours. It sounds like you're making an effort to meet other people's expectations, so that they will meet yours. Friendship is based on finding value in the character of the other person, and in them finding value in your character. Trying to fake that by meeting expectations is stressful and unrewarding.

My attitude is don't even try, we ENFP women are nutty drama queens.

Fixed :smile:

Most of my friends are females, go places that are connected to things you like and frequented by women, different kinds of social groups and get involved. You don't have to change who you are in order to find female friends, while many women may be interested in all the things that annoy you there are still plenty who wouldn't be.

Yeah they creep me out too. I know there's supposed to be a positive message somewhere there "hey you're not as retarded as they are". Maybe they are just too close to some sensitive spot of ours.

DTHT - you can keep the video in your post.

gossip w/ them, do laundry w/ them, vaccuum, wash dishes etc. etc. etc.

gossip w/ them, do laundry w/ them, vaccuum, wash dishes etc. etc. etc.

Ha ha, that's real funny uber :B Although I do think doing laundry with anyone is a good way to make friends with them.

Gender stereotypes were always a problem for me to have girl friends. You'd have to find a girl who isn't too much into it, otherwise you'd have fake and be more like them and it wouldn't be good for you. Unfortunately like an INTP friend said here, it also depends on individuals.

When I was younger I only had guy friends, but as we grew up (12 yo) I 'couldn't' hang with them anymore because boys definitely start keeping girls out of their 'club'. I had to hang with girls, BUT I couldn't take much because my mind shut off and they only talked to me because I was one of the best students of the school, so when I was 13-14 yo I didn't wanna talk to anyone at school.

When I was 14-15 I started hanging with a gay guy. Later when I went to another city I ended up with another gay friend, who I knew the first time I saw I would befriend otherwise I wouldn't talk to anyone again. lol

Now I hang with a female INFP at college, but it's not the same. She's not too gender based, but sometimes I think my T is too much for her F.

I also had a time when I wanted to have a girl friend, but now I kinda gave up. :pout: