How to confess | INFJ Forum

How to confess

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
So you find somebody you like and you are ready to tell them that you have feelings for them so that you can progress to the next stage. How do you do it? Is there a special romantic way you would do so? Are you blunt or subtle? What has worked for you in the past?

I tend to be pretty blunt and just come out and say I like them. No special method to it or anything!

What kind of vibe are you getting from the other person?

I'm young and have not had much experience, but, I always tell the person because if I don't, I am distracted from what I usually do and I'm very blunt about it. I just come out and say it. Every time the person has remained my friend.

Last edited:
I am having about the same troubles right now. :m167:

Maybe you should just pounce on them, rip there clothes off then give them a back rub.

I am having about the same troubles right now. :m167:

Maybe you should just pounce on them, rip there clothes off then give them a back rub.

As fun as that might be I fear that might send the wrong message in most cases.

Let's say its an indistinguishable vibe. They could be into you or not.

Well my next question is how much do you value this persons presence in your life. Are they a good friend?

Because broaching the 'I like you do you like me back' conversation is a one way street. It may be that if the other person likes you as a friend, but not as a love interest, they may be uncomfortable in your presence after you confess the attraction.

Or you may be uncomfortable being just friends with someone you'd prefer a deeper relationship with.

On the other hand, one of my biggest regrets was in not making my interest known and keeping myself at the 'friend' distance. I believe that my life would be very different had I taken the chance all those years ago.

In the end, it's better to love and lose, than to never allow yourself the opportunity.

Ah the dilemma....

As an ENFP, Satya, how would you like someone to express their feelings to you? The girl I like is an enfp. Or maybe type is irrelevant. I could probably wax lyrical about how much I care for her if I let myself but I have no idea how she'll react. I'm terrified she'll say "I like you as a friend". I guess it's gotta be done though.

Hm...I think direct is about the only way that would work for me. I tend to view myself as a wishful thinker so if someone were to subtlety hit on me, the moment I became aware of it I would dismiss it as just wishful thinking on my part. I also hate those games people try to play.

So like, by direct, we're talking about just going up to them and saying something like: "I like you, wanna go out sometime?" Because I can do that.

I usually just ask questions like "hey, where do you see this going?" or "What are you expecting from this?" Usually that gets the ball rolling.

So like, by direct, we're talking about just going up to them and saying something like: "I like you, wanna go out sometime?" Because I can do that.

Yup.

Now I just need to have the courage to do the same.

It depends on the person. Is it a person you can be blunt with or would they find that a major turn off? I think most people you can be blunt with.

I don't :/

Lol, not that I don't agree with Lucifer -- that I don't address a person I like.

Although I don't think pouncing would be in all cases effective

I write them a poem... then again, it's a cowardly way of half-assed owning up to my feelings; a good way to say something without actually saying it.. (sigh.)