How often do you leave the house to actually meet with people in real life? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How often do you leave the house to actually meet with people in real life?

This is a topic I've been discussing with @Smilax (INFJ) recently.

I leave the house to hang out with close friends once or twice a week, have band practice once a week, and then attend a tennis lesson once a week. From her perspective, I'm quite social.

However, I very much dislike socializing with people I don't know well unless I'm drunk. I don't really talk to anyone at tennis, and social events with lots of people are draining as hell. Interestingly enough, I went to a music festival with @socks (INFP) recently, and she told me that crowds actually give her energy. I've wanted nothing more to stay at home since that festival, and even the grocery store has been a draining experience.

@Smilax does have a need to get out and enjoy the outdoors, go places, etc. pretty often, but people don't have to be part of that. This urge seems Se-related. I, on the other hand, enjoy the outdoors, but could literally stay inside for a month and have no issues, but do prefer the company of a close friend somewhat frequently (though hanging out with her is good enough :blush:).

Last edited:
This is a topic I've been discussing with @Smilax (INFJ) recently.

I leave the house to hang out with close friends once or twice a week, have band practice once a week, and then attend a tennis lesson once a week. From her perspective, I'm quite social.

However, I very much dislike socializing with people I don't know well unless I'm drunk. I don't really talk to anyone at tennis, and social events with lots of people are draining as hell. Interestingly enough, I went to a music festival with @socks (INFP) recently, and she told me that crowds actually give her energy. I've wanted nothing more to stay at home since that festival, and even the grocery store has been a draining experience.

@Smilax does have a need to get out and enjoy the outdoors, go places, etc. pretty often, but people don't have to be part of that. This urge seems Se-related. I, on the other hand, enjoy the outdoors, but could literally stay inside for a month and have no issues, but do prefer the company of a close friend somewhat frequently (though hanging out with her is good enough :blush:).

Pretty much what noisebloom said for me (although I never really considered his tennis lessons as socializing lol). I wouldn’t consider myself a homebody, I have to get out of the house at least once a day or I get really stir-crazy. I do think it is largely Se-related. If I can’t walk around outside, I’ll go to stores. It’s not to buy anything, just to walk around and look at things and get out of my apartment. I do try to avoid talking to people at the stores as much as possible, it’s not a social activity for me.

One factor that is pretty important that wasn’t mentioned is that I have a roommate who happens to be one of my best friends. When I live alone I do have a need to go out and see people more often. Not super frequently, but more so. I don’t care for parties, I mostly just want to be around small numbers of people I care about whether at the house or the bar.

Pretty much what noisebloom said for me (although I never really considered his tennis lessons as socializing lol). I wouldn’t consider myself a homebody, I have to get out of the house at least once a day or I get really stir-crazy. I do think it is largely Se-related. If I can’t walk around outside, I’ll go to stores. It’s not to buy anything, just to walk around and look at things and get out of my apartment. I do try to avoid talking to people at the stores as much as possible, it’s not a social activity for me.

One factor that is pretty important that wasn’t mentioned is that I have a roommate who happens to be one of my best friends. When I live alone I do have a need to go out and see people more often. Not super frequently, but more so. I don’t care for parties, I mostly just want to be around small numbers of people I care about whether at the house or the bar.

Who said you could post on this forum?! :angry::smile:

Reactions: jkxx