How much water and liquids do you drink a day? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How much water and liquids do you drink a day?

I average about 3.4 Ltrs a day, but apparently I should be drinking about 4.8.

I'm aiming to raise it to 4.0 just to see how I go but I honestly feel great on my average.

Can't stress enough about the importance of good clean water, cutting out the sugar laden rubbish and going back to nature.

I'm curious about the amount of water or liquids had per day, and what's the best or recommended rule to follow when deciding how much to drink everyday.

For example, I usually drink about 2-3 small bottles (10 fl oz each) of water per day. I usually drink one cup of coffee or tea in the morning and between lunch and dinner, I usually drink one or two small soda cans (7.5 fl oz each) or 1 bottle (20 fl oz each) of soda. And I sometimes drink 2 or 3 fruit juice boxes (7 fl oz each).

Edit: Sounds like a lot but this is not everyday. It varies.
I drink 2-3 liters a day when I'm off work and 3-4 when I'm at work. More in the summer time. I work on a loading dock in a dusty plant.

I honestly don’t keep track on how much water I drink lol, it’s practically all I drink! And if you’re living in a desert, then water is always right beside you.

I definitely drink 8+ cups of water per day.

Two cups of coffee.
Everything else varies. I usually drink seltzer (unsweetened) if I drink something flavored, but sometimes juice (homemade or store bought), and sometimes homemade smoothies.

Reactions: flower and Ginny
I drink primarily water. About 6-8 glasses a day. I may have unsweetened tea during a meal. I occasionally have half a glass of milk or a cup of coffee.

Limit dairy, no sugar.

Reactions: flower and Asa
I probably only drink about six glasses but that's about what I need because I am smol

I don't count really, but I make an effort to drink more than a litre per day.

1 cup of coffee, usually (nowadays) 1 cup of tea, a glass of orange juice, and some water in between. It varies enormously of course (when I feel cold, it's more heavy on tea rather than the chilly juice, 3-4 cups).

I still drink too little, I think.

I don't get the greatest thirst signals from my body, so I try to keep a bottle of water close to me.
So I'll usually drink around 1.5 - 2 litres a day.

Unless I forget to fill the bottle, then a lot less.

I probably only drink about six glasses but that's about what I need because I am smol

We're supposed to drink 8 actual cups, though, right? As in each cup = 8 ounces
The average drinking glass is 13 - 16 ounces. So, maybe you are drinking 8+ cups?

When I hear people say 8 cups is too much water to drink daily, I ask them if their drinking glasses are actually pints.

Either way, I believe you that 6 glasses would be fine for you.

Last edited:
We're supposed to drink 8 actual cups, though, right? As in each cup = 8 ounces

Generally people don't have a good conception of what 8oz is. All my "cups" are 12-16oz and I drink about 4-6 a day ;)

I’m really bad about remembering to eat and drink. I have alerts on my phone now reminding me, lololol. I suck at paying attention to what my body needs..

My goal is 60oz if water a day, though.. my skin and hair are softer when I do, and I notice I get less headaches