How much is entertainment worth? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum
We have Netflix, movie theaters, booksellers, DvDs, video games, art, libraries, musical/stage theatre. How many remakes of Batman/Joker movies have there been? How about Spiderman? Too many? Are we investing too much in entertainment and not enough in STEM like aerospace, infrastructure, and medicine?

We all love to be entertained. It is vital for our emotional and mental wellbeing, thus also our physical wellbeing. So many people dedicate their lives and career to entertaining others: Actors, Musicians, Comedians, Performers, Dancers, Athletes, Game Developers, Animators, Writers, and the list goes on.

Some may ask the questions, "How much does the entertainer feel their entertainment is worth?" "How much is someone's passion and effort worth?" "How much are we, as people, willing to pay for entertainment?" "How much value does entertainment have and what is the monetary equivalent to that value, and is that monetary equivalent realistic and reasonable?"

We can approach this question from so many angles, but what do we feel, as indiviuals and as a collective, to be the worth of entertainment: monetary, trade, time and appreciaton, enjoyment, laughter, and so on. What is entertainment worth to you? What do you feel like it is worth to society? What is entertainment worth?

Let's discuss!

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

I'm an idealist, so no. It's never better to live a lie. Only by living ones own truth do you transcend the boundaries of the technicolour life we lead and recognise your being as part of the universe.

Well that sums up my current journey so eloquently. . thank you, no need for me to keep talking

As to art. . if it brings you joy, makes you think, touches your heart and soul. . makes you feel something,anything, it has done it's job. For me it is priceless. Having said that, I stopped going to concerts when they began to charge over 50 dollars. .

Well that sums up my current journey so eloquently. . thank you, no need for me to keep talking

As to art. . if it brings you joy, makes you think, touches your heart and soul. . makes you feel something,anything, it has done it's job. For me it is priceless. Having said that, I stopped going to concerts when they began to charge over 50 dollars. .
Eloquence... one of my rarer accidents :laughing:

Thank you :relaxed:

Reactions: David54
I strive for the goal to have a goal to strive for. Living just to survive is no living.

Something I've been thinking about: What if the goal that's to be strived for is right there, and we can't find it because we live in a world with so many other things to do?

Like, the way to live for something seems to be implied in the phrase right? You live for something by always prioritizing it over other things. But most people don't prioritize that way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the value of entertainment, you can only really measure its value relative to other things, but value is kind of weird anyway. You would think that something like water, which is necessary to provide all entertainment to us because we die without it, would absorb a lot of entertainment's value, but we pay more for some entertainment than water. It's possible you could math your way to a conclusion that the amount of life a bottle of water provides isn't enough to justify a large value though, I guess. And I might be wrong about the pricing.

Maybe when I'm less lazy I could figure that out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginny