How many INFJs assumed they were Ts before they understood typology? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How many INFJs assumed they were Ts before they understood typology?

Sheesh. I thought I was working on the two of you learning to play nice.... [MENTION=1451]Billy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3538]Arsal[/MENTION]

Okay, but I don't clean up blood. No hair pulling. No spitting. When someone falls down, back to your respective corners. When it is all over but the bleeding, we will still require that your members be measured to see who really wins...

*watches*

Lol. Yep, be excellent y'all.

And Billy, I don't think he was implying you were only ISTJ. He actually did mention either INTJ or ISTJ, but many folks will use the "X" in other personality circles and not mean it to be an insult. I've seen it on other websites - and since Arsal came from another personality website, I think he was following what they generally do if someone is showing traits from more than one possible MBTI; they use an "X."

Honestly, I wouldn't take it personally. Be who you are, expect that some may see you as an INTJ instead of INFJ, and live and let live.

You totally ingored Billy's evidence on that statement. But by your previous arguments, Ti wouldn't care where it came from, only that is was true..right @Arsal ? Ti types don't care about where the information is coming from as long as it holds true empirically, caring about the objective consensus is an inherently Te thing to do
Sorry to butt in, but actually @Arsal is sort of right. I'm not sure I would use the word empirical exactly, although it does have more to do with your own experiences (not as much as Si, I'll come to that in a minute). But he is right that Ti does not (knowingly) look outside of itself for information. It also doesn't really hold "experts" in good stead. To me, not necessarily trusting expert opinion over my own is just logic, because the world is interpretable and if I don't think an expert is right, I just don't. I don't really care the Freud is supposed to be some master psychoanalyst, I personally think he was wrong.
I think @Arsal 's point was that Billy wanted was untrusting of "teenagers on the internet" over Jung. I, myself, have never looked at the Jungian text of MBTI, seeing it as unnecessary. For a start, Jung could have got some of it wrong, so why bother? If I am really confused about something, I clarify by using outside texts (or if I'm stuck I ask people about it hoping someone will throw a spanner in the works and show any inconsistencies so I can get on with fixing the model), but if I have a clear thought, I will not be persuaded unless someone else's thinking fits the model I have already created. It's basically that Ti uses a personal model (while Si uses "empirical" evidence as in personal experience). Ti creates a model that everything is fact checked against. Freud does not fit my model. Lacan does to a certain extent. So, in my mind, Freud was an idiot but Lacan got it :-D I will be as likely to trust a teenager on the internet about a theory as I trust Jung, because no one outside myself is necessarily going to get it right, I just absorb their info so I have more fodder for my model. I hope that makes sense.

As for caring what others think - there's two different versions of this. There's caring what others think of your morals and caring what others think of your opinions. Ti does not necessarily care what others think of their opinions (guess it depends on the action of other functions) or need to agree with others on their opinions - they just go with what is plausible and what feels right. However, Fe would be mortified if other people found them rude, for instance.

EDIT: Just wanted to add, I'm not passing any judgement on Billy's type and not having a go at you Sonya! Sometimes because I type in a direct, sort of arrogant manner, people think I'm just going NO! YOU'RE WRONG! That isn't what I meant. I like discussing :)

Lol sure. If you would like to assume that...

Of course I would, I have seen you and other self appointed "master" typologists do it all the time. Its rampant among MBTI forums and communities. The 1st thing people like you love to do is strip away peoples "N" its a passive aggressive way of insulting someone, who do you think you are fooling?

This forum does it ALL the time as well.

Anyone who takes any of this MBTI stuff as kosher serious IMO is using some form of Si or not very bright because you can look at a million different examples form someones life and what they say and apply it in ANY different way you want to any function or form. Which is precisely why MBTI is utter bunk and more of a hobby then a science. A slightly more efficient Astrology.

I remember when you came into this forum, like most newbies you instantly started typing people and correcting people, this is a form of self validation for your insecurities. The same with typing people as S's when they claim to be N's, which was the point of the joke I made early on in this thread.

But you can hide behind whatever you want, excuses, puns, plays on words, double entendres if you want, but its pretty obvious what you were doing friend, as I cant actually prove it because I cant bust your head open and point at your inner most thoughts I have to concede that I cant prove it... but between you and I, I know.

Reactions: Nixie
Si is the dirty little function no one wants. Note the Way Arsal didn't say oh Billy you're an INTJ he said IXTJ which is a less obvious way of saying ISTJ, which is the type apparently no INFJ or INTJ wants to be. He thought he was clever putting it in there which is why I responded with ISFJ for him, which I think is actually a lot closer to reality then his claims. Aero is obviously one of his friends/supporters and I am easy to disagree with because I dont blow people.

Actually, I don't speak with Arsal anymore because there kind of was a falling out. So, there's no hidden motive or trying to defend a friend. I just find no Si in him, because there is none to be found.

Actually, I don't speak with Arsal anymore because there kind of was a falling out. So, there's no hidden motive or trying to defend a friend. I just find no Si in him, because there is none to be found.

Agree to disagree.

Of course I would, I have seen you and other self appointed "master" typologists do it all the time. Its rampant among MBTI forums and communities. The 1st thing people like you love to do is strip away peoples "N" its a passive aggressive way of insulting someone, who do you think you are fooling?

Wat.

Anyone who takes any of this MBTI stuff as kosher serious IMO is using some form of Si or not very bright because you can look at a million different examples form someones life and what they say and apply it in ANY different way you want to any function or form. Which is precisely why MBTI is utter bunk and more of a hobby then a science. A slightly more efficient Astrology.

OK, I believe you. Also, clearly stupidity = Si.

I remember when you came into this forum, like most newbies you instantly started typing people and correcting people, this is a form of self validation for your insecurities. The same with typing people as S's when they claim to be N's, which was the point of the joke I made early on in this thread.

Okay.

But you can hide behind whatever you want, excuses, puns, plays on words, double entendres if you want, but its pretty obvious what you were doing friend, as I cant actually prove it because I cant bust your head open and point at your inner most thoughts I have to concede that I cant prove it... but between you and I, I know.

Haha. Suuuure. Thanks for confirming my inhibitions btw, you are a type accurate INTJ. Come back when you understand typology enough to argue with anyone regarding its validity. From what you have demonstrated, you have little to no understanding of functions so everything you have to say regarding my type or anyone else's type is invalid by default. Furthermore, the Forer statements regarding my motivations aren't really true either but since you would rather assume, I suppose, I don't really care to explain myself to you.

Reactions: aerosol
Lol. Yep, be excellent y'all.

And Billy, I don't think he was implying you were only ISTJ. He actually did mention either INTJ or ISTJ, but many folks will use the "X" in other personality circles and not mean it to be an insult. I've seen it on other websites - and since Arsal came from another personality website, I think he was following what they generally do if someone is showing traits from more than one possible MBTI; they use an "X."

Honestly, I wouldn't take it personally. Be who you are, expect that some may see you as an INTJ instead of INFJ, and live and let live.

I agree to an extent Arby. However, I think it was extremely rude of @Arsal to start the whole mess in the first place. I didn't see a "type" Billy thread title here. I know that you don't have control over how someone sees you and I am pretty sure that @Billy does too--however, some people do not allow themselves to be called out and not respond.

Edit: Not because it creates disharmony for the forum--yea! Drama! But because it is rude to tell someone who they are.

Being friendly, warm and nice =/= Feeler

You do NOT look like a thinker because you're an asshole cold reserved direct not-soft-at-all or trying-really-hard-to-be-sexy etc. etc.

God dammit! My nicest and friendliest and most modest person ever thinker self is annoyed.

No, this is a very Te mindset. Ti types don't care about where the information is coming from as long as it holds true empirically, caring about the objective consensus is an inherently Te thing to do (extraverted + thinking). To a Ti-type, a fact is anything that you can see, touch, smell, taste, feel, etc. whereas to a Te-type a fact is anything that can be objectively verified as fact, because stand-alone individuals are not adept at making calls such as that.
What do you mean by "objectively verified as a fact" ?
If you can touch, smell, etc. something isn't it already an objective fact?

Not sure if you I got you here. o_O

Last edited:
tomato-5680.jpg

tomato.jpg

tomato-wins-all-1.jpg

pear.jpg

tomato1.jpg

"Oh, hey look! We're all -- uh, tomatoes! Yeah!"
"Uh yeah! Totally tomatoey!"

: Ugh, I am so sick of these fake tomatoes. Only I am the real tomato. It doesn't matter if I'm green, or hard, or shaped differently - I am the only real tomato around here!

Ok [MENTION=1451]Billy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3538]Arsal[/MENTION]. Let's not argue over an abstract concept, eh? The reason I didn't think [MENTION=3538]Arsal[/MENTION] was being rude at first (you are now, m'dear!) is that he pointed out something from the theory that he may have got right or wrong (and that's really up to Billy) which it would be fine to disagree with and move on. I didn't realise there was a background here.

The theory doesn't totally work, it is a hobby not a science as [MENTION=1451]Billy[/MENTION] says. It really, really, really is not worth arguing about.

Reactions: jyrffw54
[MENTION=1451]Billy[/MENTION] Agreed 100%. How dare he calling you a sensor?

Sensors are so ignorant and close-minded. They can't understand a theory. No wonder why they call it a bunch of bullshit.

That's totally the opposite of you.

Reactions: aerosol
Uh, it is really, really, really, really not worth arguing about according to you.....the point I am trying to make.

Also [MENTION=3072]Majesty[/MENTION] I was confused too. I generally follow the train of thought that states that everything has a bit of subjective bias to it considering our methods of communication are done on an interpersonal level--nothing is ever truely "known"--there is always a margin of error, no matter how small

I agree to an extent Arby. However, I think it was extremely rude of @Arsal to start the whole mess in the first place. I didn't see a "type" Billy thread title here. I know that you don't have control over how someone sees you and I am pretty sure that @Billy does too--however, some people do not allow themselves to be called out and not respond.

Edit: Not because it creates disharmony for the forum--yea! Drama! But because it is rude to tell someone who they are.

We have had plenty of wars on here about type, that's true [MENTION=3096]Sonya[/MENTION]. And I can agree that it can be rude for telling someone what their type is when they haven't asked for the advice. I don't think [MENTION=3538]Arsal[/MENTION] meant to be rude when he did it (I think he was pointing something out that he observed and wanted to call attention to it) but on the other hand I haven't been watching the history between Billy and Arsal enough to tell if Arsal was simply saying, "hey, Billy, I noticed X...have you thought about Y as a type" versus "Man, you are so fronting and I'm going to call you out on it in public."

It's true that type is a sensitive issue around here, though. I wouldn't care so much about it if it were me, but I know others do, because it's more of their identity and it's important to them.

But with that being said:

[mods]Okay, guys, slow the mud slinging down juuust a bit. Thank-ees![/mods]

Reactions: Arsal
Those utilizing the sensing preference=dumber model
just make themselves look reallllllly ignorant and uninformed.

Good day.

Last edited:
Reactions: jyrffw54
Just when it was getting interesting--modus interuptus. *sigh* Pictures and everything...my oh my....

I just came here to say...

[MENTION=3096]Sonya[/MENTION] is a Fe dom, a Feeler!