How do you relate to your avatar? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How do you relate to your avatar?

I like Doctor Who, and Tennant is my favourite Doctor. Elegant in its simplicity, really.

Reactions: Stella
Mine is from a recent visit to the cemetery to visit my grandparents. I change mine often though. Right now it represents that life is short. A lot shorter the older you get, and that angles are close by...

It's my face. It represents the thing on the front of my head.

Damnit, I just came in here to make a sarcastic remark about my avatar being me and I got beaten to the punch a couple of times. D:

If I was tiny I would play with thread.

But I'm a big kitty so I don't get to play as often.

[MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION]
Your avatar always looks like it is doing unspeakable things to that thread...there I said it!

Reactions: barbad0s
Poor thread, or lucky thread. I don't know which. :p

Mine I do relate to and tend to have avatars very similar to it. I guess it really just matches my personality and thought process. I am a dreamer and an idealist with many dreams and ideas of how to change the world. The hand represents reality and the physical self and the shattering glass is my mind breaking through the constraints of reality, while the backdrop is world of my own personal reality where the possibilities are limitless. It matches how I am constantly trying to shift and change the world around me to have it match the dream world in which my true self exists. Besides that, I think it is just a very interesting and beautiful piece of art. ;)

Represents my non-serious side ... a demented goofball (the person I'd rather be). :D

(no, I'm not a pastafarian)

Reactions: Nixie
Holmes was one of the first fictional characters I ever felt a genuine connection with, as far as behaviour and mental capacity are concerned, and I also find him to be a bit of an inspiration to stop being so lazy and go do something I'm passionate about, even if I have to make up my own career. ;)

1. She is female.
2. The glasses symbolize my passion for intellectual pursuits.
3. That stare she has represents my desire for the impeccable insight and wisdom that I wish to achieve one day.

My favorite avatar I have ever picked. :)

Reactions: Feelings
My avatar is an image of the angel Lucifer. There's a long meaning behind it.

I guess my avatar is kind of silly Bedlington terriers supposedly do not shed. (really?) I guess i just find dog diversity amusing :)

hats are stylish and cool, and classy. Tres chic.

I've always felt like there are two parts of me that I am trying to consolidate...I think of it now as my INFJ side, and my shadow side... Very Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde if you will. I can relate very much to the character Jean Grey and even more so when she becomes Phoenix... and in general I like the idea of the Phoenix, rising from tragedy, from something so fierce as fire that even though it's deduced you to ashes, you rise newborn as something new, beautiful, and infinitely better. If I were to ever change my name on the forum it would most likely be to Phoenix. I like the empowerment that the avatar portrays, feminine, beautiful, strong.

Reactions: jyrffw54
I found it on Tumblr. I like Tumblr. It is pretty. I like pretty. The concept it illustrates is interesting. I like interesting. Thus it is stuff I like.

I changed my avatar because it has hit the six month mark. I wanted to find a way to symbolize that the biggest impact of the grief is becoming manageable and that the new beginning has started. What I mean by that is that they planted a tree in John's honor. This picture isn't of that tree; if I had a picture of the tree it would be my display. The tree symbolizes that tree though; it's a tribute.