How do you feel about makeup? | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

How do you feel about makeup?

I feel like I have bacon grease slathered all over my face with a coating of lard on top.
That's how I feel about it right now.

I enjoy putting makeup on, its like painting my face. Im not worried if I look "pretty" or what others think but I enjoy it anyway. I wear very little makeup though, too much and I feel gross. And all my colours are always natural browns expect sometimes I wear a tiny bit of bright orange under my eyes which surprisingly looks good (in my opinion anyway).

I love make up. When shopping for it Im a total sucker for all those pretty colours. To me its almost like crayons are for little kids. Its just so pretty.
I dont slather it on too thick though, that rarely looks good. Its really simple to not go overboard for me. If I wear a stronger coloured eye I make sure to tone my lips down and vice versa. Make up only looks bad when you look like you fell into a paint pot.
Id love to have an almost professional skill level with it. Doubt I ever will though.

Yeah, went to Sephora yesterday. I just like BUYING makeup. This morning my daughter and I oooh'd and aaaah'd over it all when we opened it. so much fun.

One of the girls that worked there looked like a clown. Good god. How did she not see the bright orange blush that wasn't blended in when she looked in all the mirrors there?

[video=youtube;5XLZwO1OklA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XLZwO1OklA[/video]

Reactions: jyrffw54
I've recently started really getting into makeup. I was never that big on it before. I'd wear it occasionally for a special event or something. I never had any good makeup or even how to apply it properly. It just seemed unimportant to me.
But then I started learning about makeup and I realized it's an art. I now have a full set of makeup from sephora and brushes and when I put on makeup it's a relaxing and creative experience.

I think nothing of it ...

I have a mild love/hate relationship with makeup. . While I enjoy being able to wear it and apply it, as it can be a lot of fun, I feel unwell when I consider the ingredients my skin is absorbing. I think of makeup as chemicals and toxins in pretty little marketed boxes/tubes. :(

I personally am not a big fan of make-up for several reasons. One, I don't know how to put it on without looking like clown! Even when people say it looks nice, I still feel like a clown lol Two, I have super sensitive skin that will lash out at me if I don't keep it clean. Three, I much rather sleep the extra 30 minutes in the morning rather than put make up on. However, I have these really long "elephant eye lashes" that are blond in color, so I do use mascara daily. If I'm feeling frisky on a day off I'll put on black eyeliner, which really does look nice...but too sassy IMO for the work place. I will admit though, If I have a special event/occasion, I will use neutral colored eye shadows and lip gloss.

I've gotten a lot of static from my female friends in the past about the lack of hair and make-up prep. I've been like that ever since I can remember. I still have a couple really good female friends from grade school, and they now tell me that they don't understand it, but love me for who I am. Isn't that what's really important? To find the people in your life who love you for who you are and not what you wear/don't wear?

I was nutso for makeup when I was younger. Not sure exactly why. But I never really learned to put it on properly. And then in high school I did the punky gothy stuff with the weird colors and the eyeliner as lipstick trick. Oh high school...

And since then I've never really gotten too into make up. I do have the sensitive skin issue, which means that my skin pretty much needs to be left alone majority of the time unless I want problems. When I lost my hair, and when it first started growing back, I started raiding the makeup aisle at the drug store for fun, but still didn't consistently wear it. I felt like I needed to do something to see myself as attractive again.

I do the eye stuff when I feel so inclined. It's the only thing that my skin doesn't really get too angry about.

I've often felt a lot less feminine because I don't wear makeup or really do anything with my hair (now it's not really an issue because of the forced pixie). I know that it's really just a lot of internalized bs, but sometimes that feeling is hard to overcome (and often results in attempts to "get into" makeup that eventually peter out since it isn't really my style). It's interesting the things that society can make you think/feel about yourself without really trying.

My skin is also too sensitive, and it's become more sensitive with age. I use toner and a lot of lotion, and unless I'm going for an interview that's it. My skin is so terribly dry that even the thickest creams - pure shea butter, even - will be absorbed before the end of the day is up. So make up is usually a no-go unless I want a lot of flakes. TMI:
I feel like a lizard shedding its skin most of the time and makeup certainly doesn't help.

My skin is also too sensitive, and it's become more sensitive with age. I use toner and a lot of lotion, and unless I'm going for an interview that's it. My skin is so terribly dry that even the thickest creams - pure shea butter, even - will be absorbed before the end of the day is up. So make up is usually a no-go unless I want a lot of flakes. TMI:
I feel like a lizard shedding its skin most of the time and makeup certainly doesn't help.
My skin gets super dry, too. I've been using a facial scrub called Herbalism by Lush and it has helped immensely. I use it two or three times daily. I saw instant results after using it.. Love that stuff..

My skin gets super dry, too. I've been using a facial scrub called Herbalism by Lush and it has helped immensely. I use it two or three times daily. I saw instant results after using it.. Love that stuff..

I'll look for it - I prefer the natural route as well, and if it works I'm all for it. I'm willing to try anything at least once; thanks for the tip :).

I'll look for it - I prefer the natural route as well, and if it works I'm all for it. I'm willing to try anything at least once; thanks for the tip :).
It's natural ingredients--it has an experation date.
Its a bit pricey, 28 bucks for 8oz but you can order it in smaller quantities for less. All you need is a small amount and the large size lasts me about four months using it a couple times a day. You can get it online at lush.com . I know, I am shamelessly advertising... It just works so well for me.

Yeah, went to Sephora yesterday. I just like BUYING makeup. This morning my daughter and I oooh'd and aaaah'd over it all when we opened it. so much fun.

One of the girls that worked there looked like a clown. Good god. How did she not see the bright orange blush that wasn't blended in when she looked in all the mirrors there?

I love buying it too. I have been drooling over the Naked 2 Palette by Urban Decay, but refuse to buy it lol. (40 dollars!) I adore neutral colours.

Lately, I have been crazy about cream blush and lip stain. Combined with my Bare Minerals, the look is weightless and fresh.

I love buying it too. I have been drooling over the Naked 2 Palette by Urban Decay, but refuse to buy it lol. (40 dollars!) I adore neutral colours.

Lately, I have been crazy about cream blush and lip stain. Combined with my Bare Minerals, the look is weightless and fresh.

I love just being in Sephora. Its girly and I feel right at home in there. Its so much fun! <3

I have the Naked Palette but didn't see much different between that one and 2.

I hear you though about the price. When I turned 30 I told myself it was okay to splurge on makeup. ;) But before then I would never pay that much money for makeup; I used Maybelline products before that. ;) I just bought my first tube of lipstick. I cant remember what it is right now...but I always used lip gloss before that. I used Loreal's Diamond shine...I bought all of them right before they were discontinued back in like 2005. Lol, I just finished up my last tube. If they still had that I'd be using it. I also love neutral colors.

My latest splurge was their gel nail kit.

Interesting, so basically, I don't love myself, since I don't wear makeup. People didn't love themselves until makeup was invented during the medieval ages?

Though superficiality vs makeups = infj, my theory about infjs seems to be wrong.

well that escalated quickly

I can count the times I have worn makeup on one hand, and it isn't 5.

once for my year 10 formal, once for a labor party launch where I was singing the national anthem and was on skynews so they insisted, and once at my wedding.

I always thought it was a blind girl thing, until I met several blind girls who were so desperate to wear makeup that they actually tried to teach themselves how with some rather disastrous results.

I don't like the idea of trying to make myself look better or different with something artificial. I am who I am, and looking at me with makeup on won't change that. I've never judged by looks, mostly because I can't, and now if I could I wouldn't want to. what people have to say is much more important than how they make themselves look.