How do you feel about makeup?

anarkandi

Community Member
Feb 1, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
N/A
I've never liked makeup. I don't think people with makeup on are as attractive. I tend to be put off when I see people having it, and I seem to be quite alone in this opinion. Maybe some kind of makeup is nice, in some kind of instance, I don't know, but I generally don't care much, and I find myself attracted more to people without makeup, who seem quite natural, and cute. What people consider "beautiful" I often don't see as beautiful, most of the girls and boys I've fallen for haven't necessarily been what people consider beautiful, but still been able to take my breath away with cuteness.

How do you feel about makeup? Do you think this is INFJ? I think it could have to do with my disliking of superficiality.

Reactions: Gaze
I like as little as possible. Too much is ugly and uncomfortable.. I prefer to wear make up in a way that looks like I'm really not wearing any.

But I look like a kid when I go without any make up. People think I'm a teenager.. I would get carded for cigarettes all the time wand when they find out I'm 27 they are surprised.

I love black eyeliner and rarely go without it.
I don't think make up is a bad thing unless some one is wearing too much. Make up should not to be too obvious.
I don't like chemicals on my skin because my skin is absurdly sensitive... but mineral powder doesn't bother it and achieves the desired effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: the and mochi
I wear makeup to look natural. I enjoy using light foundation b/c of the sunscreen in it and to even out my skin tone, a little blush and lip balm. Rarely do I use eye makeup at all.

i like girls with make up, its not really that i love it but i think that if they enjoy making themselves look prettier then its fine for me

On a day to day basis I don't wear it at all. Basic grooming is enough for me. I wear it occasionally if I get the urge to be extra girly that day for whatever reason, or if I'm trying to impress, like for a job interview or something. I have no problem with it though, as long as people aren't slathering it on and making themselves look fake. It's best used to enhance slightly, not to cover up/change your entire face.

I feel makeup exists and people will use it.

I wear eyeliner, powder and sometimes lip gloss on a regular basis.

I don't think that wearing make-up means you're superficial. I see it as a sign of saying "I care about myself and how I look". I think that's a positive message because it shows a sense of love for yourself. I think if people PACK on a ton of makeup, THEN that's a completely different story.

Alas, I wear make-up almost every day. I wear only simple make up though to enhance or hide some of my features. I like to hide my acne scars with foundation ( I use BareMinerals ) which makes it look natural and even toned. I have olive skin that scars very easily so I like to hide them since it makes me feel a lot better. I also really like my eyes so I enhance them with eyeliner and on special occasions or interviews, I use some eyeshadow. Sometimes I fix my eyebrows with liner and some brow powder if I accidently pluck them too much. I can't wear mascara though, it actually hurts my eyelashes so I stay away from it. On a daily basis, I just use that Burt's Bees lip balm since it gives my lips a pink sheer but on night outs I wear red glossy lips since I like playing up my big lips sometimes.

On Monday and Tuesday I went to class without makeup. When I was walking to the bus, some people thought I was actually 16. I felt so weird without it and felt less confident about myself. I know I'm cute with or without it but I felt more gross about myself because I didn't put the same amount of effort as I normally would. I take a certain amount of pride in my appearance since I come from an Italian-American family so it's expected for the women to always look presentable. So I feel like if I don't put a certain amount of effort into myself, then I'm saying to the world "I just don't care". Which is quite the opposite, since I love my body and I wanna take care of it and look as good as I can. I do it for myself, not for others.

Reactions: jyrffw54
I don't think that wearing make-up means you're superficial. I see it as a sign of saying "I care about myself and how I look". I think that's a positive message because it shows a sense of love for yourself.

Interesting, so basically, I don't love myself, since I don't wear makeup. People didn't love themselves until makeup was invented during the medieval ages?

Though superficiality vs makeups = infj, my theory about infjs seems to be wrong.

i wear it for parties.

fortunately, i was blessed with decent skin, and i think i look better without makeup. i love eyeliner though.

it totally shows when someone is not comfortable in her own skin. i am always amazed when i see someone who usually wears a ton of makeup without it. they look totally busted. i get really sad when someone younger than i am has that "can't leave the house w/out makeup" attitude.

Interesting, so basically, I don't love myself, since I don't wear makeup. People didn't love themselves until makeup was invented during the medieval ages?

Though superficiality vs makeups = infj, my theory about infjs seems to be wrong.

No, I'm NOT saying that about you. I'm saying that's how I symbolize makeup... not how I see other people. Those are different things. I think you're misinterpreting my words here.

I don't wear makeup, and I feel odd when I do wear it. I've thought of wearing it on occasion but it would look unusual. And I think since most wouldn't be used to me wearing any, if I did start, it may seem as if I'm putting on, trying to get attention, which I don't want. I'll wear lip gloss. I wouldn't mind some eye shadow or liner on special occasions. My concern is always that too often, people will overlook someone or miss someone awesome standing right in front of them because they are not glammed up or using makeup to make themselves more attractive or appealing. I see too many women putting their confidence in the makeup and then the persons who may be attracted to them, are attracted to the image and the fantasy of the image the makeup creates rather than valuing the person. My point in the end is, of course, all women have the choice of wearing makeup if it enhances their feeling about who they are, as long as it's not a substitute for a healthy self esteem. If you only feel good, attractive or beautiful with the makeup on, then something's wrong.

Reactions: bionic
I don't like to wear a lot of it. I've always had good skin so I've never bothered covering it up much. I usually only wear a bit of foundation around my eyes because the skin is very fair and translucent and then some mascara. Sometimes eyeliner but mostly not. I used to wear a LOT more and it made me look awful. I'm fine with my appearance either way.

makeup is designed to enhance what you. lipstick can make you lips look larger and redder as they do when you are turned on. Mascara makes our eyelashes look fuller as when we are younger. A good base helps wipe out the little lines and capillarries from Rocacea. Well applied makeup draws attqantion to You. Badly applied it draws attention to itself.

To wear no makeup up at all, to not do you nails, to not match your clothing or dress for the occasion sends a non-verbal message, "I don't care how I look, and if that offends you, too bad, because I don't care how you feel either." It's a light form of being rude.

I've never been a person inclined naturally to wear makeup, so I've spend much of my life learning the basic rules and makeing them habitual:

1. A dirty smelly body cannot be compensated for by perfume or makeup. SHOWER and choose CLEAN CLOTHES
  2. For women: never EVER leave the home with out lipstick and mascara unless you want a reputation as a frump.
  3. No snaggly cuticles or unkempt nails -- I lost a job opportunity just cuz my nails were a mess.
  4. Take time to color coordinate you clothes.
  5. Also dress just one step of from the norm of where you are going -- that way you develop the reputaiont of being well dress but not ostentatios
  6. Frizzy hair is never sexy
  7. Nothing is more attractive than a positive attitude: smile with your whole face.
  8. Beware compteing frangranaces -- try to be fragrance free deodorant, etc. Basic oils smell much nicer than expensive perfumes.
  9. If you are going to dress deliberately odd, do it with class. I like to go barefoot, so I hage these beeded pearled "soleless sandles."

Last edited:
:m164: I lurvvvveeee makeup

[MENTION=564]acd[/MENTION]
I'm also really fond of black eyeliner (or in my case, powders for Asian eyes).
It's the only thing I wear on a consistent basis. :3

I don't think makeup is bad, even those who wear a lot of it, whatever makes you happy. :) The way I look at makeups are like different hairstyles, some may prefer one, some may prefer another. All in all it's a fashion statement that may mirror a person's particular personality or style.

To wear no makeup up at all, to not do you nails, to not match your clothing or dress for the occasion sends a non-verbal message, "I don't care how I look, and if that offends you, too bad, because I don't care how you feel either." It's a light form of being rude.

So, not wearing makeup means a woman doesn't care about yourself?

I enjoy wearing, purchasing and applying makeup. I see it as just one of the many parts of being feminine, take it or leave it. I wear foundation and powder to even my skin tone and because it contains sunscreen, brown mascara because my lashes are blonde, and brow liner because some of my brows are blonde and a light lip gloss to add some sparkle to my lips. I also wear blush and eyeliner/shadow on the weekends. It's fun, it can be like art. I can create all different types of looks for myself.

Alas, I wear make-up almost every day. I wear only simple make up though to enhance or hide some of my features. I like to hide my acne scars with foundation ( I use BareMinerals ) which makes it look natural and even toned.

I also use it for this purpose on sometimes as well. :3
I can't wear mascara though, it actually hurts my eyelashes so I stay away from it.
Wow, I've never heard of something like that before. How does it hurt?

On Monday and Tuesday I went to class without makeup. When I was walking to the bus, some people thought I was actually 16. I felt so weird without it and felt less confident about myself.

It's interesting you mention this, one of the main reasons I wear eyeliner is to not be mistaken for a 16 year old.

That is one of the most retarded things I have ever heard.

Reactions: slant and bionic
I love the way powder & blush smells. I like to be artistic with eye makeup, but if I am just running to the store lipgloss is fine. If I wasn't cursed with acne, and dark cicles I wouldn't bother with a cover up, either. I use blush for some definition, because I am so washed out naturally. It's just for interest really. I like to be interesting to look at when I have the time to bother.

I remember early in college, there was a glamour shot studio in the mall, and people would go to get them done for fun. I never did. I wish I had. It would be fun to do something like that and then have the pics later on to look at and reminisce. My friends got them done and I'm envious. I'm all for getting dressed up and looking all fine n' everythang :D, as long as you feel good about you. And I think it'd be fun to try new tones or highlights. On occasion, I wear foundation because there are few darker uneven spots. So, it evens out my complexion a little. So, my makeup style when I use it, is to keep it skin toned and subtle.

I'm not against women wearing makeup at all. Actually, I've always secretly wanted to be a makeup artist but for others, not myself. I think it's an art, and creative one. When makeup is done well, it enhances a woman's natural beauty rather than hides who she is.

Whenever I do my makeup, I'm always worried I'm not doing it well or that it looks unnatural or too much. So, that's why I avoid it.

Last edited: