How do you feel about makeup? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

How do you feel about makeup?

It's more like over 100 nowadays! I have them all sorted out by colours as well in containers. Don't want them to get lost >.> Can you say LSI or what?

In regards to the OP: I would never go to work without makeup on. It would look extremely unprofessional of me since I work in the hospitality/bridal industry.

I'll give you an example I made ages ago for another forum:

This is me, same day... 2 hours apart.

198833_171863039533289_100001287823132_457061_4666515_n.jpg

Whilst I know I have a fair amount of makeup on I also know what clients prefer when interacting with me...

I don't wear makeup at home or if I'm having a movie night in with friends or whatever... but when I go out, on goes the pancake mixture....

( I should probably also note that I was quite the uber goth in my teens... a decade later and I still can't fully quit the habit)

Wow! *_* You look great! (in the before picture too. :3)

Share your secrets oh wise one.

Reactions: bionic
:D ...and I was just thinking nostalgically about my teen-days blue hair. Hell... maybe I'll just dye mine blue again. ;)

I don't wear any make up if I'm at home or surrounding area, if I go somewhere else it's mascara, eyebrow pencil, lipgloss, lightpen, powder. If I go out with my friends add blush, eyeliner and the works. If I'm dressed to the nines then false lashes and red lipstick.

I however do not wear make up to attract anyone, I don't care about that, but to express my own aesthetic preference.
Here's what I mean by that:
[video=youtube_share;nWKTfqivbRQ]http://youtu.be/nWKTfqivbRQ[/video]

I love these women!!!! I've actually met IIona (the one with the orange eyelashes) while I was on the subway once. She's such a sweetheart... and she's always smiling and commenting on what people wear! I fold my scarf a certain way so it puffs up around my neck (it's toasty that way) and she asked me how I did it so I showed her. lol

Yeah, same here! As I said before, I do it for me... not for others. As one of the women said in the video, "I think it's fun to dress up, it's an exercise in creativity.. and it makes you feel better, sometimes you're in a funk and you put something on and twirl yourself around...". I think she's so right. As someone who has lived in NY all my life, I've been influenced by the fashion around the city, whether I like it or not. NYC is a fashion capital after all and although I'm more intellectually driven, I admit that I'm a young NYC woman... of course I love playing with fashion! I actually feel my sexiest when I wear a dress and heels... and when I feel sexy, that confidence radiates off of me and attracts others. It's not like I'm going around buying 50 dresses that are $500 a piece and sacrificing my month's rent for the new pair of Louboutins. I don't cry if my "perfectly blowed dried hair" gets wet from the rain. I'm just putting effort into how I look; because I want to feel a little more confident, more refined, and be respected by people. Let's face it, when you actually put effort into your looks and you take care of yourself, people look at you in a more positive light and give you more respect. More people hold doors for me when I'm wearing a cute outfit as opposed to me wearing a hoodie and sweatpants. So really, you're not only emulating confidence when you feel good but you're also gaining positive attention from others. I know "image" is a more NYC cultural idea but I've seen similar values in areas like London or Italy.

I like putting effort into myself. I like feeling pretty. I like twirling around in a dress and walking around in red pumps. I love wearing pearls, blazers, shawls, long sun dresses, etc.... yet I still love myself when I'm wearing a sweatshirt and yoga pants at home.

I don't ever wanna "lose myself" when I get older and look like an old hag. My grandmas are 79 and 69, AND they STILL take care of themselves and look gorgeous. I respect these women so much for showing that you can still look gorgeous and glamourous at any age.... and play around with color. :D

If feeling good about myself is superficial, then I'll be damned to superficiality.

I walk around barefoot constantly, so my feet are gnarly as hell because if they were all nice and soft it would hurt to walk on them barefoot as it is I can walk on hot pavement, red rock, pine needles etc.

I run barefoot and my feet are fine. I have no callouses. I just avoid things like rock, glass, etc. and pumice my feet/lotion & sock them a few times a week. If anything, the pavement against the your foot should be keeping everything except your heel smooth.

I hope you wash your feet off immediately when you get home....

Geez who would of thought make up of all things would be such a strong topic. I wear make up everyday like I said, eyeliner and powder. I can also do the more dramatic stuff and glam it up. Applying make up is fun to learn and I still have all the stuff to do it up. I used to wear really heavy mascara and do my eyes really dramatic and enjoyed every bit of it.

Here, everything becomes serious business.

Reactions: Feelings
I have watched a few makeup tutorials on youtube. I think skillful makeup use can make a huge difference as far as a female's physical attractiveness, which is the only thing that's relevant to me :D

Lol I've also watched tutorials on youtube for makeup and hair ideas. It's amazing how creative you can get with hair and makeup. It's really fun. I can look like a different person by just playing with my brows.

I think it's fun. I don't think it should be an everyday thing, though... at least for men. :p

Whenever I see this thread title pop up now it gives me the slightest urge to do myself up just for the sheer fun of it. Only the slightest one though.

Whenever I see this thread title pop up now it gives me the slightest urge to do myself up just for the sheer fun of it. Only the slightest one though.

Do eettt :3

Geez who would of thought make up of all things would be such a strong topic.

i don't think the idea of makeup in itself is a hot button issue. it's the assumption that people who don't wear it on a daily basis do not care about their appearance that is total bullshit.

makeup is fun. i like drawing on my face as much as the next girl, but don't for a second assume just because i don't wear 3 lbs of makeup to the grocery store i somehow don't give a shit about caring for myself. i'm not calling anyone out, so if anyone feels that way, you're wrong and don't look at me if we happen to cross paths. i wouldn't want to offend with my lack of makeup. =p

Reactions: hush
I think when you use it to completely remake your face is when it becomes ugly. Some makeup is well done even when remaking one's face, but it's few and far between.

I just use eyeliner pencil, mineral powder all over, and chapstick, and a bit of purple-ish eye shadow if I just look weird that day. That's all I really need and like. Lip stick smells bad, my face is too colorful as is, and I rub my eyes too much for mascara.

I like it, personally. I look like a total frump without any, but I tend to keep it fairly natural looking. I use mineral powder, eyeliner (brown, to make my blue eyes stand out), a little shadow, some blush for contour (to make my face look less round) and sometimes mascara. I don't do lipstick, it makes me look like a drag queen. Lip gloss or balm is good enough for me.

I had a "goth" stage too when I was younger that I've had a hard time growing out of. I rocked the black eyeliner for years until I figured out that brown eyeliner is better with blue eyes; and before that, I remember using these thick, crazy colored pencils to do a bright blue eyeliner with purple eyeshadow, or black eyeliner with red shadow. It was kind of my "thing" since I couldn't do crazy colors with my hair. I had a job then and wasn't allowed to have "non-natural" hair colors. I did finally get to dye my hair purple when I was in college though, and I loved it! It turned out purple with pink streaks in the front because I had blonde streaks and the dye leaked into them when I rinsed it out. I wish I could do it now, but I'm afraid I would look silly since I'm over 30.

Reactions: mochi
I like makeup! It's fun!

The face and body is a beautiful canvas, and i think if one is using it to bring out the attractiveness within, why not. =) Also for work, it is more professional in my line - clients expect someone well-growned, professional, and we don't always wake up with perky blushes, open eyes, great hair, zero eyebags and zits... Given there are 6 Ses for every N, if you do not take care of your appearance, they'd wonder if you can take care of them, simply. Ses are practical like that. :D

Other thing is like some mentioned in the thread: looking young. I'm past 30, but I look like I'm 18 without makeup. With makeup I get to about 24-25.

Same attitude with plastic surgery btw - that if you're doing it so the outer beauty matches what you feel you are inside, why not? But if you're doing it because you feel ugly inside, no amount of reshaping/painting is likely help. *zen chimes*

Reactions: mochi
I quit wearing make-up in my mid 20's because I had this moment where I thought, "You know what world? This is my FACE. Get used to it." I'm also pretty creeped out by all the crazy chemicals in most make-up (same reason I don't eat processed food).

It took me a lot of time to get used to my face without it, but now when I do wear it on special occasions, I think I look a bit odd. I'm glad to have made that transition, and it definitely makes my morning routine a lot simpler.

This is why I have 5 wigs.
:thumb: I only have 3, but in my defense my own hair looks like a wig.... Once I was having a cigarette (before it became a faux pas and automatically made you a pariah) in front of a wig shop and this guy walked by and gave me the oddest stare. I looked around and noticed there was a wig on display behind me that was identical to my hairdo... :)

I rocked the black eyeliner for years until I figured out that brown eyeliner is better with blue eyes; and before that, I remember using these thick, crazy colored pencils to do a bright blue eyeliner with purple eyeshadow, or black eyeliner with red shadow.
Depends on your skin tone too. I'm blue eyed but brown doesn't suit me. My hairdye has a blueish hue instead of golden and greys are more natural looking in eye and brow make up. I rock a grey scale, cause I'm like casper ;)

I quit wearing make-up in my mid 20's because I had this moment where I thought, "You know what world? This is my FACE. Get used to it." I'm also pretty creeped out by all the crazy chemicals in most make-up (same reason I don't eat processed food).

It took me a lot of time to get used to my face without it, but now when I do wear it on special occasions, I think I look a bit odd. I'm glad to have made that transition, and it definitely makes my morning routine a lot simpler.
I'm pretty natural usually in my everyday life with minimal makeup, or no make up at all. I don't have a problem with people seeing me like that and I don't really care about being "attractive" (though actually in my experience if that were the case I'd go sans much makeup because men usually find that more approachable and more "take you home to see my mom". Boring, but mostly true...subcultures excluded where more is more instead of less...) but I think for someone who uses their external appearance for artistic communication or expression make up is a great tool.

I was blessed with good skin, full lips, and lush eyelashes, so I usually go bare. Sometimes, though, I just have to unleash my inner girly-girl. I keep it tasteful though; a swipe of Bare Minerals,some gloss, and maybe blush and mascara. I wear eyeliner when I want to look more alert, and mascara is tricky because I have long, curly lashes, so it tends to hit my brow bone if I overdo it. I think [MENTION=1855]christmas[/MENTION] is right, makeup nicely covers up imperfections, but not as well as a good night's sleep and facial care will.

Reactions: bionic and the
I keep it tasteful though; a swipe of Bare Minerals,some gloss, and maybe blush and mascara.

BareMinerals is the besttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Here is my piece on it.

The last time I ever wore makeup I was fifteen years old, perhaps nearly sixteen...I dunno, I think fifteen. When I became a vegan I started noticing weird things in makeup such as "gelatin" and things that equated to squished up bugs and whale blubber. I didn't want to put that on my face due to my new dietary restrictions and also vegan makeup was just too expensive.

I began wearing makeup probably at 13 and it peaked at 14, then gradually faded at fifteen. I had a gay friend who really influenced me to wear makeup but I don't really feel any different not wearing it. I think that the societal expectation that just because you have a vagina you should smear bug juices on your face is silly. But I never notice if a woman is wearing makeup or not. Maybe it's something you train yourself to do? I just look at people as people.

I have worn makeup if it was absolutely necessary. I was put on television a couple of times for this organization I worked with and so I did allow someone to 'touch up' my face so it would look better on television. I justify this in my head because even the men were asked to get a touch up, makeup on television is very common and required.

I'd rather people not think I am lazy for not wearing makeup. I have a different lifestyle I follow and I try to avoid consuming animal products when possible and inexpensive. It's more inexpensive not to wear makeup than to go out and buy vegan makeup. Plus, does anyone realize how much money women spent on makeup a year? I bet if women stopped spending money on makeup and put all the money they had used to buy it in an IRA they could pay for their entire retirement over time.