How do you feel about makeup? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

How do you feel about makeup?

I believe in a minimalist approach, preferably I shouldn't even notice that your wearing makeup.

nothing wrong. Especially since I'm not actually attracted to girls...

concerning boys, well; it screams HIGH MAINTENANCE moreso than girls, as far as cultural osmosis are talking, so... >_>;

Of course, the more you cover your face, or the more obvious it is, the more suspicious I'll be. What are you hiding, and why?

I don't wear make up most of the time, mainly because I have a bad association with the stuff.

When I do wear it though, I do the bear minimum or just enough to make myself look "presentable" in my eyes.

I love make up. Lip gloss in particular. I don't wear very much (eyes/lips) but I think it's fascinating to see the new innovations we come up with to make ourselves more attractive.

I am more irked by the people who think they got the moral high ground because they advocate for "natural" beauty. How pretentious. Judging people by their looks; you couldn't get any more superficial, and the irony is delicious.

I think a woman is free to whatever she wants. Wear a lot of make up, wear a little bit of make up. Pay attention to matching shoes with bags, wear high heels or not (Another oh so controversial topic), etc. Men too. I actually think dark eyeliner looks kinda hot on some men.

As for me personally, I wear eyeliner and mascara on special occasions or if I had a long or tiresome night before and I need to look little awake for school and work. I have somewhat clear skin so I don't need to put foundation on. If I am at home, on vacation, or travelling for pleasure I wear none. Actually, people see me without make up more often than they see me with it.

Make up is not a big deal to me, but it is a tool and I will use it to my advantage where appropriate.

I am more irked by the people who think they got the moral high ground because they advocate for "natural" beauty. How pretentious. Judging people by their looks; you couldn't get any more superficial, and the irony is delicious.

I think a woman is free to whatever she wants. Wear a lot of make up, wear a little bit of make up. Pay attention to matching shoes with bags, wear high heels or not (Another oh so controversial topic), etc. Men too. I actually think dark eyeliner looks kinda hot on some men.
I would agree on this part. People have rights to be pretty, on whatever (healthy, non-destructive) ways. (Makeup? HOT. Belladonna droplet to the eye? WTF)
A friend talked about how when people are talking about 'natural beauty', they are more talking about those kind of beauty that looked effortless.... Not what you looked like when you wake up.

I somewhat disagree (a good night sleep and proper bath goes a long way), but I can see the point of irony there.
Although, again, I am half suspicious, half concerned of people who wear --too much-- makeup, but that's reserved for 'what happens when the makeup goes off', not wearing makeup itself.
for IMHO, certain beauty is an armor so ephemeral.

I almost never wear makeup. a couple of times a year if even that. When I was younger the makeup and removers wreaked havoc with my skin causing rashes, etc. I just started wearing less and less of it. Applying makeup is like an art, if you don't practice it enough you lose tour technique.

I think I may be taking a make-up certification course this summer *so excited!* I've thought about it before and I'm looking forward to it. Sounds fun and interesting. :D

I love make-up. I even like to put make-up on myself sometimes. I admit I have some feminine traits. I have tried to hide it from society all my life, it is really not easy.

I love make-up. I even like to put make-up on myself sometimes. I admit I have some feminine traits. I have tried to hide it from society all my life, it is really not easy.

aww D: that sounds hard.
What sort of make up do you like to put on yourself?

I wear eyeshadow, mascara, sometimes eyeliner, and lip balm mostly when I'm going to work or going out. I don't mind wearing it as much as I used to and I love learning new ways to wear my eye makeup. Otherwise, it's really not that important to me.

It's not surprising that I love guys that don't mind wearing makeup. :p

I think women shouldn't wear so much as to deceive men about their actual appearance... or anyone else (to be inclusive).

I think it comes down to the fact that women are ugly so they have to wear make up. Also they smell bad so they wear deodorant too.

I love makeup! I am prone to mild acne at certain times of the month and have a bit of scarring, so I usually wear a light coverage foundation. During the summer I keep it minimal with a little foundation, mascara and some natural looking lipgloss. Other times I would use a bit of black liner, especially during the winter time. I'd usually use a light smattering of blusher as I'm very pale. I love doing my eyes up in colours, but usually save it for special occasions or nights out.

Make up is feminine, girly and fun. I love it :)

I appreciate makeup as an enhancement of natural beauty and a means of self-expression. Also, as a woman, I find that putting on makeup helps me to feel "human" on the days that I just want to be a lazy slob. It's amazing what a little bit of makeup can do for the self-confidence even if you don't feel it's essential to your self-image.

I hate to see young girls find their identity in such superficial things, but in and of itself I don't see makeup as a bad thing.

I feel like people will always have a different opinion on style in general. Clothes, make-up, and hairstyles depend on a person's esteem, perspective on glamour, how they were raised, non/superficial needs, etc.. No offence but INFJ's are no different than any other typology when it comes to vanity. Or at least I don't think so..

I personally hate make-up but I'm 21 and people tell me I look like a high schooler still. I occasionally wear mineral eye shadow/blush but very little of it since my skin is so clear and my eyes are gray-blue and naturally pop out since I have porcelain skin. I also have fairly large lips so all I need is a subtle amount of lip gloss, because my lips are also a little pinkish red naturally.

As for me personally, I wear eyeliner and mascara on special occasions or if I had a long or tiresome night before and I need to look little awake for school and work. I have somewhat clear skin so I don't need to put foundation on. If I am at home, on vacation, or travelling for pleasure I wear none. Actually, people see me without make up more often than they see me with it.

Make up is not a big deal to me, but it is a tool and I will use it to my advantage where appropriate.

*thumbs up*

It works for some people.

tim-curry-as-frank-n-furter-in-rocky-horror.jpg