How do you deal with someone who likes you? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

How do you deal with someone who likes you?

lol, wow...ignore my last post, it's completely irrelevent at this moment haha

I tell them right off. It's usually too much for me to handle! :m077:
I don't lead people on, ever. That happened to me and it's TERRIBLE.:m142:

Also, I'm an honest person by nature, and I see absolute no purpose in being misleading. That doesn't mean I'll be mean, though. :m177:

Lol, pardon me, I'm in a monkey mood. :m2:

I'm asexual, I have no interest in sex.

No interest in sex?

No physical interest, or no mental interest, if you catch my drift.

Personally I think about sex every hour, some way or the other

Uhh, pretty much no interest whatsoever.

I actually revel in it for a bit. I mean if they are a nice person and they like you then you can talk to them but obviously misleading people is just cruel.
Sadly I do this too. I play with the possibilities of ever liking them back which I often feel mean for later. But in the end honesty is the best solutions. And ignoring a girl would be just plain mean, although continuing friendship while giving hints you don't like them back and ignoring the topic of liking until it seems to go away isn't a bad idea either.

It took me a long time to be able to do this, but if someone tells me that they like me like me, I tell them right away that I am not interested. Of course, I am as nice as I can be about it, and I explain to them exactly why I am not interested.
Same here. I think the explanation is very important... maybe because its something that I would want in rejection.

Hum well I have never been in a relationship before and I'm still a virgin.
But I don't know, every time I imagined 'us' being together, I imagined me cuddling her and just falling asleep next to eachother, cuddling.

Maybe I'd find sex more important when I'm in the relationship, who knows?

This was me not that long ago... Although I am no longer a virgin and yet my favorite part of us being together hasn't changed, is like you said, the cuddling, falling asleep together, etc. And she feels the same way so its awesome.

Once you are in the relationship, and more so after you have sex, it will probably become much more important. But also once you are in the relationship the cuddling, falling asleep together, etc will become even MORE important so that, even with the increased importance of sex, the innocent romance will still far exceed its importance... thats my experience at least.

One girl who had a crush on me that I had no interest in was an animal lover/vegetarian. Knowing this I asked her to come over to help me with some "chores." You see I wanted her to think I was bat shit crazy so she would lose interest. I boiled some water and took it to an ant hole next to my front porch. As I poured the water down the hole I told her to listen for shrieking and sizzling sounds because that was the baby ants screaming in their nursery...Which was a good thing because they were the future of the colony. Lastly I cratered the nest with some M80s. She didn't say much afterward and seemed in a rush to leave. She stayed polite with me but never had the same enthusiasm towards me.
:m118:

Last edited:
I actually revel in it for a bit. I mean if they are a nice person and they like you then you can talk to them but obviously misleading people is just cruel.

Me too. lol

I don't like to mislead someone . It has happened to me too so I know how it feels. So I'll just try to avoid him :D

Yep. It hurts quite a bit when someone misleads, especially when they think you're a "nice person", and they're flattered by your attention. Flirting is "innocent" depending on who're dealing with. What's innocent for one, can be a big turn on for another. If the person has strong feelings for you and you don't feel the same, don't play games. Too much seemingly innocent flirting may only intensify their attraction, and encourage them to give you more attention than you really want or deserve.
Turn them down tastefully if the situation permits. Be honest but tactful unless they're just being a bit too stalkerish. :m059:.

Last edited: