How do people (mis)type you? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

How do people (mis)type you?

Aaahh now I want to watch an (unspecified) James Bond movie

Reactions: Ren
Ne and Ni have the same capabilities, but Ni focuses deeper on a smaller range, while Ne notices the whole spectrum. Learned that recently.

Edit: While ENTPs use Ti (for example) to jump around in the spectrum, Ni users jump around on their own using their individually wired association chains.
This instantly evokes many Skype conversations with @Lady Jolanda :p
I..eh.. what? o_O
Can you guys explain? :blush:

I have noticed in Skype conversations with @Ren that he has this amazing ability to go off on a small tangent but never losing sight of the main point. With @Ginny we usually go from point to point, but we finish speaking about the previous point first. Myself, I just dive into a tangent completely, follow it where it wants to go, and then forget what we were talking about before. :D Guess I need to work on my differential calculus ;)

. I must say that it makes for very pleasant intellectual discussions.
You sound like a fun person to hang out with, and I mean this without the least irony :)

I agree! Charlatan, I love reading your posts. Unfortunately I don't know you that well, but your contributions are always solid and stimulate my brain, which is something I greatly appreciate in a person. Your discussion with Faux-ENTP-secretly-an-INTP WollyGreen was especially enlightening.

Totally agree, that might as well say weird association chains too - yesterday had a (few hour long) conversation with a friend which went from metaphysics to quantum mechanics to astrology to random other stuff that would have made a "normal" person's head explode.
That just sounds awesome. You don't happen to have transcript of this conversation Jkxx? :D

I think I just found my life's goal: Tweak evolution to produce more N doms. We have enough Slaves folk already. :tearsofjoy:

Spaced* coyote sometimes
More like..all the time. :wink:

With @Ginny we usually go from point to point, but we finish speaking about the previous point first.
Do we? I think we go from point to point rather organically, I almost never notice that we really finish anything. Didn't we discuss the opposite recently?

That just sounds awesome. You don't happen to have transcript of this conversation Jkxx? :D

If by transcript you mean the sum of about 200 e-mails yes but this one is not public - although I'm sure I could find others that follow the same "pattern". As in, all over the place :)

I have noticed in Skype conversations with @Ren that he has this amazing ability to go off on a small tangent but never losing sight of the main point.

putinsmug.png

Your discussion with Faux-ENTP-secretly-an-INTP WollyGreen was especially enlightening.

Wolly is definitely INTP but his profile says just that, Jo ;)

Do we? I think we go from point to point rather organically, I almost never notice that we really finish anything. Didn't we discuss the opposite recently?
Oh, definitely! We do move between points very organically, and we always have more to discuss, but I do believe our discussions progress in a fairly linear, streamlined fashion, not leaving points hanging halfway. :)

Oh, definitely! We do move between points very organically, and we always have more to discuss, but I do believe our discussions progress in a fairly linear, streamlined fashion, not leaving points hanging halfway. :)
I do tend to bring us to a previous point if I think of something new while we talk about something else :innocent::grin:

INFP.

I use Ne and Fe when I socialize. I become tongue-tied when I try to expess my thoughts; I hold them dear anyway. When I feel insecure, I tell myself that my thoughts are always mine alone, and that I need not expose them. They are usually detached from the external world.

I have strong Fe. The people I know with dominant Fi are so self-absorbed they are callous, neglectful, and even annoyed by the emotions of others.

I'm an INTP, weak T

Lurk said:
I'm an INTP, weak T

Curious, do you use functions theories? Being INTP weak T makes perfect sense/I think the dichotomies have their own merits
Just curious if you have a thing about N-dom vs T-dom

I don't have as strong a T>F, and I tend to think I'm probably N-dom

Well by use functions theories I probably mean, the models (some use the ideas more free-flowingly but won't subscribe to a given model)

I realized you mentioned Ne/Fe, but basically I'm curious if you subscribe to INTP only-in-dichotomies or something (vs the TiNe thing), or both!
Just due to the weakly T comment vs Ti-dom

Curious, do you use functions theories? Being INTP weak T makes perfect sense/I think the dichotomies have their own merits
Just curious if you have a thing about N-dom vs T-dom

I don't have as strong a T>F, and I tend to think I'm probably N-dom

I do think I'm an Ne dom INTP. I see functions as being on a continuum, with extremes as pathological.

Identify yourself with four letters, plz! :popo:

Well by use functions theories I probably mean, the models (some use the ideas more free-flowingly but won't subscribe to a given model)

I realized you mentioned Ne/Fe, but basically I'm curious if you subscribe to INTP only-in-dichotomies or something (vs the TiNe thing), or both!
Just due to the weakly T comment vs Ti-dom

Goodness no. No house of cards.

OK, that makes total sense -- and I think I'm just like you/also a Ne>Ti type!

Excellent! *follows you*

Reactions: Ren and charlatan