How do people (mis)type you? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

How do people (mis)type you?

First off, what @Ren posted in the OP applies to me. Would have basically posted the same thing otherwise.

Anyone else have a perspective to share on this?

By the way, I had a question related to shadows. I understand what the shadow functions of the INFJ are. But how come different INFJs seem to have different shadow types, if the shadow functions are firmly set? Just curious - if you don't mind clarifying that for me.

I'll indulge myself yet again with the astro with apologies to all bothered by it. So the shadow astrologically is mainly represented by the planet Saturn and any "untenanted" elements which would correspond to inferior functions. Though Saturn would be the Se in an INFJ's case - and in my case it rules/controls half the chart which would suggest I have little control over being forced into Se modes - and this agrees with reality. Now since Saturn's sign doesn't have to match the sign of anything else this shadow could express itself in a variety of ways in different people.

How does this cover the MBTI? Well there are 12 possible house placements for the above so people otherwise having similar configurations can have 12 shadow variations based on this. I'm researching it informally but wouldn't put out any hard definitions at this point.

Derailing, derailing! Are feelers failing
to keep the boat of discourse sailing
toward the answers, always writing
about the moon, nocturnal lighting
and not the topic, members straying,
compelled to ask: "What was I saying?" :tongueout:
Is this yours? Very funny and apropos :clapclap:.

I appreciate the humor in Donne’s poems, and his sentiments, like in A Valediction, Forbidding Mourning, without being sentimental. He’s just a cool dude.

People don't mistype me; they treat me like an ENTJ.

0Kg6jsW.gif

Smoking Stalin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren and Free
Is this yours? Very funny and apropos :clapclap:.
Yes, that's mine :sunglasses:. Normally I try to avoid derailing threads, but it seems to be very common on this forum. I wonder how much it's related to the INFJ personality and how much to the general internet mayhem. In real life people have made comments about my habit of associating wildly, so maybe the excessive derailing that's going on here is a symptom of the same tendency.

Yes, that's mine :sunglasses:. Normally I try to avoid derailing threads, but it seems to be very common on this forum. I wonder how much it's related to the INFJ personality and how much to the general internet mayhem. In real life people have made comments about my habit of associating wildly, so maybe the excessive derailing that's going on here is a symptom of the same tendency.

Yeah, both Ne and Ni associate wildly in their own way, so I'd say the temptation to derail will be present in any intuitive dominant :wink:

That being said, let me use my tertiary Ti (^^) to suggest that there are two categories of derailing: organic derailing and chaotic derailing. I think the derailing here has been quite organic. You could track the sequences from mistyping to English poetry (mostly linked by the concept of being an NF type).

Last edited:
In real life people have made comments about my habit of associating wildly, so maybe the excessive derailing that's going on here is a symptom of the same tendency.
Same! Exclamation because this excited me, lol. Sometimes they get frustrated with my "bouncing around" topics and don't see the connections between them right away.

Namelessness is confusing. ;)

Yeah but I love hiding from people and protecting my identity. If it wouldn't draw attention, I would be cloaked in black. I just don't people to see or know anything about me.

Truthfully I wish I didn't have a body, so I would be invisible to humans.

Reactions: Free
Sometimes they get frustrated with my "bouncing around" topics and don't see the connections between them right away.

Tough life being a genius, @Free :grin:

First off, what @Ren posted in the OP applies to me. Would have basically posted the same thing otherwise.

Seriously - bit of the ENFP vibe in real life and INTP vibe online? That's mad but cool, I didn't know there were two of us :smile: Though I must say that you come across as quite INFJ to me!

Reactions: Wyote and Free
I'll take the bit about sounding like an INFJ as a compliment :smiley: though yes there is a gap between the two and the "E" vibe actually creates problems since it seems to attract people's attention where I'd like to just keep to myself in many cases. Though I know this sort of thing happens for several INFJs I know so it might be a semi-common trend even if not exactly this variation.

Reactions: Wyote, Free and Ren
I'll take the bit about sounding like an INFJ as a compliment :smiley: though yes there is a gap between the two and the "E" vibe actually creates problems since it seems to attract people's attention where I'd like to just keep to myself in many cases. Though I know this sort of thing happens for several INFJs I know so it might be a semi-common trend even if not exactly this variation.

Yes it is a compliment :)

I do think it is fairly common for INFJs, yes. It probably comes from our Fe, which is a people-oriented function.

Fe-aux in an INFJ = "I totally want to be social for only just as long as I can survive it" ^.^

Ahh I have a friend who'll love seeing this phrasing right here :wink:

Haha, and what type do you think that friend is? :wink:

Reactions: Wyote and Free