How did you meet your partner(s)? | INFJ Forum

How did you meet your partner(s)?

Soulful

life is good
Nov 18, 2008
MBTI
How did you meet your current or ex partner(s)?

Let's share 'em love stories. =D

Last edited:
*Stares with wide, sleepless eyes*

At work, romantic huh?

He's the most extraverted person I know but it took him 3 months to say hi.

There was obvious physical attraction, and at the rate he was going, he wouldn't have asked me out anytime before kingdom come.

So for the first and only time I asked him out, and here we are 8 years later.

How about you Soulful?

Melkor I did my best not to make you throw up or anything :mhula:

I met my Wife on a blind date that was set up by the Wife of a guy I worked with.
Neither one of us was looking to get into a relationship at the time. We both had been divorced for a couple of years and were quite content living on our own.
We met at a BBQ at their house, and it didn't take long for us to notice particular attention was being paid to the both of us when we spoke to each other, as we sat at the picnic table.
"I see we have been set up"! I told her. She agreed.
Later in the evening, I quietly asked her if she would be interested in getting together for dinner when there weren't so many eavesdroppers around.
The following Saturday we went out for dinner and then to a couiple of night clubs.
7 months later we got married.
That was 12 years ago. It's still good!

Hmm; no current partner at this time... just a hopeful whom I met because of her fan art for tryinghuman.com (a comic by another friend of mine.)

Previous meets?

Math class; road trip to an island (via ferry); college chats; being approached and told 'i think i have a chance with you' by someone whom I'd known for a few years kinda-sorta.

No current girlfriend. Nearly all previous relationships started through the internet.

Never again...
:m100:

I was sitting out on the moonwalk in New Orleans watching the Mississippi River. The Moonwalk is the boardwalk along the river in the French quarter. He came up to me and sat down next to me... he said.." you're cute" and smiled.

I usually went there to think about things, so I remember that he annoyed me a bit, but I saw something in his eyes that I trusted. We talked and I told him he was too youing. I was 32 at the time and he was 23. He just laughed and thought that was funny, for some reason.

We talked alot and I decided he would be a fun friend.

Took him almost a year to convince me to go out on a date with him, and I did. Turns out he had never dated a man before.

We were together for seven years until the day he died.

All bar one of my serious partners I met on the internet.

My first serious partner I met in rl, and he was the biggest disaster ever. My second parter was an american called David. He came to stay with me because he got some work in australia, and our relationship grew from there.

However when he went back to the USA, after getting engaged to me, he decided that it was ok to cheat, but it took me so long to realise I didn't deserve that treatement and to get rid of him, that we'd been together for almost 2 years by the time I got the courage.

my next long term partner was my bf of 3 years from the UK, though it really fell apart 2 years after we started our relationship, because he went to study and forgot he had a gf in the face of all uni had to offer.

however now I am engaged to Peter, who I met on skype about 6 months after breaking up with that former bf.

He is a wonderful man, loving, kind and gentle. He's Swiss and has been divorced for some time. he has children, but that doesn't bother me. I went to stay with him for 3 months at the beginning of this year and it coudn't have gone better. by the time the swiss authorities were forcing me to leave we were totally in love, though we knew that even before I stayed with hihm.

A week before I was due to go home, he proposed to me after he came home from work, and I said yes. we'll be married on the 12th of november. I picked up our rings this week.

My first serious bf I met at college and that went by the wayside like those college relationships do. The first guy I will admit to loving was my best friend. I deeply regret getting involved only because it ended our friendship. Outside my family, he is the only person I every felt truly knew who I was. How did we meet? At work.

On the first day of class in college. I was in some kind of health class at 8am taught by a really intense drill sergeant type guy, who was screaming at the class for being fat and lazy, when some guy banged on his desk and said "WHY DOES THE BAD FOOD HAVE TO TASTE SO GOOD?!" lol.. I thought it was hilarious though no one else laughed.

I don't remember how we started talking, only that he was persistent enough to break through my shyness. We became best friends, fell into a romantic relationship, and 10 years later got married.

I'm in an interesting situation at the moment. We're not currently together as he is deployed in Afghanistan and we broke up a few months before he left, but we have been writing letters back and forth with the occasional phone call. As of right now we are planning on getting back together when he gets home in January. This is one of "It's Complicated" situations.

But, I'll be glad to tell you how we met.

It was two years ago this past August at a LARP. A White Wolf Vampire LARP to be exact. I was 19 he was 25. He was in town on pre-deployment leave before being shipped to Kuwait. We were both in relationships with other people, but that didn't stop the attraction. I actually tried to avoid him all night, but our characters were in the same clan and involved in the same plot lines. Anyway, the night went fine and everyone went to Huey's after. We chitchatted, but nothing happened because nothing could happen. Five months later he and I began exchanging emails and myspace messages back and forth while he was over seas. At this point we had bother become single. At first it was just conversation and harmless flirting, but eventually it grew into something more. We were on and off dating/friends with benefits from the time he got back from Kuwait in April until I moved in with him last November. At that point we were exclusive. Needless to say that experiment didn't go well. He was stressed with the military and preparing for another deployment and I was dealing with the anxiety of moving away from home. Meh, that's a long story you all don't want to hear. The point is we met at a LARP. :p Uber geeky, I know. It's fantastic.

Most of my other relationships have started with introductions from friends. Not really set-ups, but just hanging out and something sparked from that.

Met both of my partners online. First relationship was horribly confusing and emotional which made me wary of future relationships, met her through World of Warcraft. Met my current partner on this lovely forum as most of you probably already know. Relationship is going great and we're both really happy.

Reactions: Bird
Met him at the Gay Pride Parade through mutual friends.
He was being all wild and silly and I was quiet and freaked out by the huge crowd.
He got tipsy and said, "Even if I wasn't a little bit drunk I'm sure I would be telling you right now that you are exquisite and I am enthralled." LMAO. I didn't take him seriously even after he asked for my phone number until he texted the next morning to see if I got home ok... then we started seeing each other and it's only been a little over a year but it's great!

Last edited: