How can we take it back? | Page 93 | INFJ Forum

How can we take it back?

each astrogical procession is 26,000 years long, how many rises and falls of empire, how many processions happened before they gave it a name?

The sheer amount of pollution we put into our air, water, and land...not to mention the sheer amount of human destruction of our environment in the name of “progress” is absolutely beyond anything that has happened in our historical past.
We also have never had such a large population of humans on the Earth.
There is no comparing historically or astrologically.
It doesn’t do anything negative to act responsibly about polluting/destroying our atmosphere and planet and doing all in our humanly power to be good stewards to our only Earth.

Reactions: Wildfire and James
@Skarekrow have you seen any of Blue Planet 2 ?

It's incredible, the filming, the humour and footage of the ocean eco system. It still carries a very powerful examination of what you describe though. Gently and subtly carried, so it's not over done.

If we can't get it together to treat the planet responsibly, we'll regret it.

Reactions: Skarekrow
@Skarekrow have you seen any of Blue Planet 2 ?

It's incredible, the filming, the humour and footage of the ocean eco system. It still carries a very powerful examination of what you describe though. Gently and subtly carried, so it's not over done.

If we can't get it together to treat the planet responsibly, we'll regret it.

I have not seen it yet... will check it out for sure!
Thank you.
I agree...it’s purely profit driven that we are not acknowledging our human contributions to the changes in our environment and climate.
We can only hope that the days of the conservative old white male who seem to not give a shit what kind of planet or country they leave to their grandchildren will soon end.

Reactions: Wildfire and James
I have not seen it yet... will check it out for sure!
Thank you.
I agree...it’s purely profit driven that we are not acknowledging our human contributions to the changes in our environment and climate.
We can only hope that the days of the conservative old white male who seem to not give a shit what kind of planet or country they leave to their grandchildren will soon end.

It's the absurd face of "money money money" to me. Trying to treat the earth as a commodity, instead of our home. Addicts act irrationally and live in denial.

At some point there'll fade out or be replaced. It's inevitable, thankfully.

It's the absurd face of "money money money" to me. Trying to treat the earth as a commodity, instead of our home. Addicts act irrationally and live in denial.

At some point there'll fade out or be replaced. It's inevitable, thankfully.
I agree...
This is what I feel will happen to our healthcare...this purposeful destruction of Medicaid, SS, Medicare, PP, etc. that serves the poor, disabled, elderly, children, etc. I think will only push more and more people into demanding universal healthcare or at least a public option that works.
Some day I believe someone will act to reign in the disgusting amounts of money that big pharma (and others) makes off of the sick and dying.
There will be no more profits before people...at least this is my hope and wish.

The sheer amount of pollution we put into our air, water, and land...not to mention the sheer amount of human destruction of our environment in the name of “progress” is absolutely beyond anything that has happened in our historical past.
We also have never had such a large population of humans on the Earth.
There is no comparing historically or astrologically.
It doesn’t do anything negative to act responsibly about polluting/destroying our atmosphere and planet and doing all in our humanly power to be good stewards to our only Earth.

In past ages we were not in the age of pieces. People used the unlimited power of the earth itself before its civilization was destroyed utterly. There was no pollution in the past because technology evolved differently. There are things we knew then that we don't know now, or at least only very few people know.

Reactions: Skarekrow
In past ages we were not in the age of pieces. People used the unlimited power of the earth itself before its civilization was destroyed utterly. There was no pollution in the past because technology evolved differently. There are things we knew then that we don't know now, or at least only very few people know.
You're going to have to elaborate so I know which prehistoric or past civilization theory you are referring to out of the numerous and varied accounts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote
You're going to have to elaborate so I know which prehistoric or past civilization theory you are referring to out of the numerous and varied accounts.

Civilizations have been built on top of other civilizations for eons. If you need a specific one the African civilization ruins, that hasn't been named yet.

The "experts" visit say Egypt, they come up with a theory, the most popular one becomes law, never to be questioned. That law goes into textbooks and its what we are taught is true and not to be questioned, because reversing everything we "know" would be uncomfortable.

If we the true entire history of the world, we would probably realize that big banks and government has gotten too big and are going to regulate us into a little box.

However, In the name of comfort, convenience and safety we are going to lose this time, before the battle even starts....

Just thought I'd leave this here for anyone who hasn't already realized how broken our version of capitalism is.

comcast kills:
Jeff Bezos has $105 billion now lol
If Jeff Bezos spent ten million dollars every single day it would take him 27 years to get down to his last million

tzikeh:
This is a perfect example of what they don’t teach in schools about the wealthy and the “capital” part of capitalism. (Or compound interest but ehhh I’ll simplify)
Let’s start with the most ridiculously conservative version of where Jeff Bezos keeps his money. (Also let’s lose a quick $5b and say he has $100b rather than $105b, for simplicity.) Now, let’s say he keeps $100b in a savings account that earns 1% interest, compounded annually.

(Let me make it clear that both the rate and the percentage are ridiculously low and nobody would do this ever, especially with one hundred billion dollars. This is for educational purposes only.)

So, that means, at the end of the year, he’ll have “earned” a billion dollars just for having this much money in this particular savings account.

I put quote marks around “earned” because he didn’t work for it. He got money for having money. HE GOT A BILLION DOLLARS FOR HAVING A HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS. (And again I remind you that this is the absolutely ridiculous lowest version for explanation’s sake.)

So in this example, if he spends $10m a day for a year, that’s $3b650m he spends in one year. BUT HE “EARNS” BACK A BILLION DOLLARS JUST FOR HAVING MONEY. So he actually only spent $2b650m. (Again, these are not the real numbers; I’m simplifying.) So your span of time has to be much, much longer than 27 years. It’s not that straightforward.

BUT! Jeff Bezos doesn’t keep his $105b in a 1%/yr savings account. He has a diverse portfolio, high-yield interest investments, most likely offshore accounts (I can’t remember if he was in the Panama Papers or not), etc. So if the lowest possible example has him “earning” a billion dollars a year just because he has money, imagine what he’s “earning” just because he has money in a diversified portfolio where he’s getting way, way more than 1% back annually.

He could spend, as the above comment says, ten million dollars every single day, and literally make it all back plus a whole lot more. He would never run out of money.

Try to understand the evils of capitalism here.

A person with $100 billion could spend $10 million a day, every day, for his whole life, and that person would die with more money than they had when they began spending $10 million a day.

Extra credit: find out how much the people who work in the Amazon shipping centers are making. Let those figures sit in your brain for a few days. You get 5 extra credit points if your head doesn’t explode.

A person with $100 billion could spend $10 million a day, every day, for his whole life, and that person would die with more money than they had when they began spending $10 million a day.

Meanwhile...Congress is constantly trying to convince the public that our social programs and “entitlement” programs are costing us too much.
Fucking BS.
One day it’s gonna be the French Revolution here all over again...they’ll have a Pay-per-View special so you can watch all our Congresspeople, SCOTUS, and POTUS all get their heads lopped off...lol.
Maybe not that serious...but then again...I’m not ruling that kind of shit out either.
There are some mighty angry people in the US right now....and why does someone with terminal cancer care if he dies blowing up Congress when they just voted to defund any treatment or health insurance for that matter for this individual...they are creating a boiling pot of angst in so many arenas of the country right now...all I have to say is good luck in the future with trying to push anything “conservative”.
The Gen X down to the Millennials are now a far larger voting block than the Baby Boomers who voting in all this dumbass fuckery.
We just have to squash the apathy that “it won’t count what I do or how I vote” attitude that becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.
Personally I am sick of the BS here...I’m sick of being gouged and I’m sick of our supposed “representatives” not representing the people but instead big money interests....both sides of the isle.
Lobbyists in Congress have got to go...money in politics...who thought that would turn out well?
Fucking moronathon.
*sigh*

Meanwhile...Congress is constantly trying to convince the public that our social programs and “entitlement” programs are costing us too much.
Fucking BS.
One day it’s gonna be the French Revolution here all over again...they’ll have a Pay-per-View special so you can watch all our Congresspeople, SCOTUS, and POTUS all get their heads lopped off...lol.
Maybe not that serious...but then again...I’m not ruling that kind of shit out either.
There are some mighty angry people in the US right now....and why does someone with terminal cancer care if he dies blowing up Congress when they just voted to defund any treatment or health insurance for that matter for this individual...they are creating a boiling pot of angst in so many arenas of the country right now...all I have to say is good luck in the future with trying to push anything “conservative”.
The Gen X down to the Millennials are now a far larger voting block than the Baby Boomers who voting in all this dumbass fuckery.
We just have to squash the apathy that “it won’t count what I do or how I vote” attitude that becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.
Personally I am sick of the BS here...I’m sick of being gouged and I’m sick of our supposed “representatives” not representing the people but instead big money interests....both sides of the isle.
Lobbyists in Congress have got to go...money in politics...who thought that would turn out well?
Fucking moronathon.
*sigh*
❤ Well said.

Ugh...

Paul Ryan gets massive donations from billionaires after helping pass tax reform: Report

1060x600-06a3d1ef9711d37513b931631d3f9e6a.jpg

Charles Koch and his wife Elizabeth each donated $247,7000 to Ryan's joint fundraising committee. Five other donors, including billionaire businessmen Jeffery Hildebrand and William Parfet, each contributed $100,000 in the last quarter of 2017. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

House Speaker Paul Ryan collected nearly $500,000 in campaign contributions from Charles Koch and his wife after helping usher through a massive tax reform law.

Read more about his bullshit and the fleecing of America here -
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...elping-pass-tax-reform-report/article/2646616

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote and James

Disgusting excuses for humans.
This is the party of “family values” and “Christian ethics/morals” eh?

26907482_1249513195192898_3823693364242521976_n.png

27867239_1947955821885486_3038817979411711668_n.jpg

Reactions: Wildfire and Wyote
1918725_10154561418944896_2320887175525802772_n.jpg

Reactions: Wildfire
Once again I really really really want to be able to like something more than once. :biggrin:
Thank you kindly...
Yes....it’s our culture of missing the forest for all the trees. ;)

Last edited:
12928366_1136402606404718_431476982920217306_n.jpg

29136061_149675812517913_4797856297905029120_n.jpg