How can we take it back? | Page 92 | INFJ Forum

How can we take it back?

Looks like Trump took it back after all. /thread
Not really too concerned with his agenda...maybe a few folks need to lose their healthcare before they will wake the fuck up...I would rather that no one suffered or was injured or faces extra hardships under Trump and the GOP, but I don't see how that is possible given our current path we are on...so I will hope for the best long term outcome while the BS hopefully passes without too much permanent damage done.
:grimacing:

Well it's good to see both sides of the issue anyhow...then we can all try and make more informed decisions.
I have never had issue with another viewpoint...I only take issue when someone tries to ram it down my throat or someone else's.
If it's suggested they don't use those words or not....it comes off kind of as - don't use them or you may get fired sort of threat....which is a whole pile of BS.
Was not suggesting you....was in fact calling out everyone's favorite pseudo-liberatarian who doesn't seem to understand the basics of what his party stands for as he starts threads praising the idiocy that is the man child Trump especially when they are attacking basis tenets of our "freedom" in this country.
Brilliant fucking tax give away...Trump has the actual gall to claim it will hurt his tax bottom line...hahahaha.
The demented old pathological liar can't handle a few words that might trigger his ape-like midbrain to tweet at 3am...same goes with Congress.
We wouldn't want to use any words that could trigger the fragile egos of those stealing the wealth in this country as they lie to the nation all in the name of more $$$$ now would we?
The so called party of "fiscal responsibility" has just blown the deficit sky high....the so called part of "family values" is passing a bill transferring 2/3 of the wealth to the top 2%.....paid for by the working class, poor, and the destruction of social programs and safety nets.
Trickle down certainly won't work if the unemployment rate is as low as it is...not to mention that any tax breaks that go to the middle class in in this bill are temporary, decreasing each year until 80% of Americans will be paying HIGHER taxes and 13 million people will lose healthcare...9 million children....this is from the GOPs own CBO score...but don't worry while the tax cuts for the middle class run out in a year or so....the corporate income tax breaks and things like the carried interest deduction, the destruction of the estate tax and various other giveaways to those who are already rich will NOT be phased out but are permanent - pretty slick BS if you ask me.
The banning of words is just an example of the petty and frankly stupid, idiotic, moronic, fascist, lameness that we have seen from Trump and co so far...how about we just burn books we don't like?
Of course blowing up net neutrality can turn into a figurative "book burning" if we don't pay attention and don't continue to oppose the "legal" ability the FCC now has to block any content they see fit.
Party of "family values" can't even renew CHIP so children have health insurance and don't die from wholly preventable but priced-out services.
The party of "fiscal responsibility" want to blow up the deficit by $1.5 trillion+.....but don't worry...they are totally going to pay for it by destroying Planned Parenthood, Medicaid, Social Security, Medicare, public education, public libraries, WIC, food stamps, tax credits that are being eliminated altogether - but only for the middle class and poor.
Healthcare takes an automatic 10%- 50% jump in premiums when the tax scam passes - so all you who voted for the GOP to run the show...enjoy your own stupidity as we let the rich gouge us into abject poverty.
Once again the poor, non-whites, and ill get blamed for the monetary woes Congess creates themselves by letting lobbyists write legislation that is the real issue that never gets touched with a ten foot pole - corporate welfare.
Enough said....sorry, didn't mean to mix you up, as if I was attacking you...just a misunderstanding.
Cheers!

Yeah... I didn't take it as an attack, it s'ok...

I just wish people would hate less and research more...

A basic income for everyone? Yes, Finland shows it really can work
Aditya Chakrabortty

Mark Zuckerberg, Bernie Sanders and Elon Musk back the idea. And trials suggest it can liberate jobless people from a life of humiliation

Wednesday 1 November 2017 00.28 GMT

Finland Is Giving Citizens $660 A Month For Free As An Experiment (HBO)

In a speck of a village deep in the Finnish countryside, a man gets money for free. Each month, almost €560 (£500) is dropped into his bank account, with no strings attached. The cash is his to use as he wants. Who is his benefactor? The Helsinki government. The prelude to a thriller, perhaps, or some reality TV. But Juha Järvinen’s story is ultimately more exciting. He is a human lab rat in an experiment that could help to shape the future of the west.

Last Christmas, Järvinen was selected by the state as one of 2,000 unemployed people for a trial of universal basic income. You may have heard of UBI, or the policy of literally giving people money for nothing. It’s an idea that lights up the brains of both radical leftists – John McDonnell and Bernie Sanders – and Silicon Valley plutocrats such as Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk. And in the long slump that has followed the banking crash, it is one of the few alternatives put forward that doesn’t taste like a reheat.

[...]

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/31/finland-universal-basic-income

@Sandie33

Canada too... we like to call it helicopter money :)

https://www.basicincomecanada.org/

Not really too concerned with his agenda...maybe a few folks need to lose their healthcare before they will wake the fuck up...I would rather that no one suffered or was injured or faces extra hardships under Trump and the GOP, but I don't see how that is possible given our current path we are on...so I will hope for the best long term outcome while the BS hopefully passes without too much permanent damage done.
:grimacing:

I heard in some places that health care cost as much as a mortgage (death pledge) payment.

I heard in some places that health care cost as much as a mortgage (death pledge) payment.
It’s easily more than rent or mortgages for many people.
Once you factor in your premiums, deductibles, your % you pay, medications, treatments, lab work, x-rays, MRIs, etc. you have easily gone over what you pay to live in a home.
This is why medical bills are the number one reason for personal bankruptcy in the US.
No shit...such a sad statistic.
Now millions and millions more will lose healthcare due to this new tax scam.
I’m ashamed to be a citizen of this country sometimes.
(and I would move if I could, give me the funds and you got it bitches)

Once you factor in your premiums, deductibles, your % you pay, medications, treatments, lab work, x-rays, MRIs, etc. you have easily gone over what you pay to live in a home.
This is why medical bills are the number one reason for personal bankruptcy in the US.

I think that lack of affordable healthcare (which is part and parcel with income inequality) is the #1 reason why people in this country aren't as happy as people in other comparable countries. And the current administration is only proving to make things worse.

If you're forced to go through life uncertain whether you'll always be able to afford serious needed medical treatment or maintenance medication, that is a built-in source of underlying stress. A safe bet that it's also a leading indicator for depression and anxiety, which (ironically) also cause a greater healthcare burden in the long run.

I think that lack of affordable healthcare (which is part and parcel with income inequality) is the #1 reason why people in this country aren't as happy as people in other comparable countries. And the current administration is only proving to make things worse.

If you're forced to go through life uncertain whether you'll always be able to afford serious needed medical treatment or maintenance medication, that is a built-in source of underlying stress. A safe bet that it's also a leading indicator for depression and anxiety, which (ironically) also cause a greater healthcare burden in the long run.
Absolutely.
There are a dozen medications that I would like to try for the arthritis in my spine, but there is no way I could ever afford them if they were prescribed to me...so what do I have to fall back on?
Opioids and pain meds, anti-inflammatorys that do jack shit.
Then they bitch about people becoming addicted to opiates and yank funding for treatment, leaving them to flounder until they are eventually incarcerated for buying street opioids (since they can’t afford the meds anymore) and they are thrown in jail...either that or they just eat a bullet.
Yeah...this tax plan is going to make everything even more expensive now...it’s quite troubling actually, and for someone who relies on Medicare and Disability to cut my benefits would be devastating to me and millions of others.
Let’s hope Trump keeps one of his promises - not to touch Medicaid, SS, or Medicare - I’m not betting any money though.
So yeah...perhaps I could even return to a contributing member of society again if I could find a medication that might work...but I will never know.
I laugh when medication commercials come on TV...as if people can afford that shit.
I wish I could!
They talk about things like genetic therapy and such...but there is no way in hell that the average person could afford such a thing.
I need a new MRI, but I can’t afford the 20% I would have to pay when it’s now a $5000.00 procedure, not to mention the separate bill you get from the Radiologist who reads the MRI and gives a report...that’s another $600-800 easy.

It’s a BS system...and now it’s going to implode with this tax scam passing.
I can only hope that people rise up as their own prices soar and we will seriously talk and legislate some form of real Universal Healthcare.
*sigh*

Canada baby! Little better, but not much...

Reactions: James and Skarekrow
Skarekrow, I know this doesn't help at all, but I'm so sorry to hear of your situation. It also really pisses me off.

Thank you, it’s much appreciated.
Unfortunately I believe it will get worse for everyone before it gets better...but I have hope that it WILL get better...I just hate to see so many men, women, the elderly, disabled, and children suffer unnecessarily because the rich need bigger tax breaks on their private jets (yes that’s in the bill).

Canada baby! Little better, but not much...

My Mom was born in Canada, so I may have an in!!! lol

Thank you, it’s much appreciated.
Unfortunately I believe it will get worse for everyone before it gets better...but I have hope that it WILL get better...I just hate to see so many men, women, the elderly, disabled, and children suffer unnecessarily because the rich need bigger tax breaks on their private jets (yes that’s in the bill).

My Mom was born in Canada, so I may have an in!!! lol

Yeah, I think they recognize most dual citizenships.

Reactions: Skarekrow

Yes, I Know I’m Angry.
I Wish You Were.

DECEMBER 15, 2017 / JOHN PAVLOVITZ

lightstock_167706_small_john.jpg

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your note to let me know you’re worried about me, that you’re concerned about my health—that you’re not sure that I realize I’m coming across as really angry lately.

Your assessment is correct.
I am angry.
I’m sorry.

I can imagine I’m not all that fun to be around right now, and that from time to time my words come across as combative or abrasive.
I’m probably more than a bit of a downer lately and I apologize.

You’re going to have to bear with me, as I haven’t been sleeping well for about a year or so.
Admittedly I’m not at my best these days, so you’ll need to forgive me.

I’m chronically overtired.
I’m exhausted from having to give all the sh*ts about people that you’re supposed to be giving—along with my own.

I’m worn out from keeping up on legislation and watching hearings and staying on top of details and remembering deadlines and imploring action—while you go about your day as if such things are an annoyance, is if they are a disruption of your plan, as if the expiration date for my outrage has long come and gone.

I am absolutely burnt out from trying to make my voice loud enough to counteract not only the bad people’s incredible volume—but your deafening silence.

Both of these things are doing similar damage right now, sadly.

Believe me, I understand that my activism is a problem for you.
Please know that your inactivism is similarly problematic for me.

It’s part of the reason I am as angry as I am; because I’m not only having to fight against those who seem furiously bent on hurting people—I’m having to fight against those who don’t seem give enough of a damn that they are doing so, to say anything.

Look, I get it, I really do.
It’s difficult to see so much bad news, to fully face the relentless flood of terrible, to try and wrap your brain around seemingly boundless cruelty around you.

It’s tiresome to spend so much time with a closed fist.
I know it’s even a pain in the rear end to endure the continual rantings of people like me on your news feed and in your timeline and across the dinner table and in the break room.

I’m tired of me too.
I’m sick of the fight too.
I’m sick of the sound of my own voice.
I’d rather not be doing this either.
I’d much rather prefer to just enjoy life, to forget about it all, to only post pictures of puppies and my kids, and to simply ignore all that “political garbage.”

But that is what privilege looks like; to even believe I have such an option, to have the great luxury of living without urgency because I can seemingly shield myself from it all.

That is what the bad people are counting on.
They’re counting on good people who are too tired, too apathetic, too selfish, or to oblivious to sustain their outrage.
I am not going to give that gift to them.

As long as they’re fully invested in putting people through hell, I’m going to be as invested in pushing back against it.
I think the people I love are worth it.
I think you and the people you love are worth it.
I think people I’ll never meet are worth it.

And that’s the rub here: love will often look a lot like rage, as it fiercely fights on behalf of those who are being attacked.

So yes, angry is not all that I am, but I am rightly angry.

And it would be really helpful if we could carry the load of outrage right now.

That would actually be a source of rest and joy and breath.

Friend, if you really want me to be less angry, you might try being a little more angry.

I am angry, friend.

I wish you were angry too.

What are your personal thoughts on this?

It’s Time to Discuss the Ethics of
Subjecting New Humans to the Climate Change Era

5a37fe381600003d00c509e1.jpg

It’s time for us to have a serious conversation about the ethics of bringing new humans into the world at the end of its relative habitability.
I keep seeing in my news feeds celebratory posts from happy young couples getting pregnant and having babies.

But I can’t help but feel severe pain for these new children, because of the future that they are going to have to endure.

I worked on climate policy and sustainable development at the United Nations, during the Rio+20 Conference on Sustainable Development, then a few years later on prep for UN-Habitat’s New Urban Agenda.

These summits convened the world’s top experts on climate science, economics, human rights, anthropology, defense, and human behavior, and the picture they painted about our future was actually quite bleak.

In fact, during one panel of top scientists and economists addressing the Bretton Woods institutions (World Bank and IMF), they said a quote that is seared into my memory forever: “Now is the time to go to your homes and bring your families close,” because from this point forward, they said, things will only continue to fall apart.

This was in 2012.
And look how things have gone just since then.

The reality is, by 2050, the UN projects that 66 percent of the world’s 9.3 billion people will be crammed into cities and sprawling megalopolis areas. (For perspective, in 1950, only 30 percent of earth’s 2.5 billion people lived in cities, and only nine years ago, in 2008, when the population was 6.7 billion, did that ratio hit 50 percent.)

Not only do these figures pose fundamental questions about how we are going to feed, water, clothe, and power these new urbanites, these challenges are compounded when you consider that climate change will make mid-latitudes increasingly too hot to sustain life, resulting in mass migration in the tens of millions, at least, toward the poles, while breadbaskets and aquifers desertify, pollinators – who provide all our fruits, veggies, and natural textiles – die off en masse, and, despite having the technology to have a completely renewable power grid, entrenched interests in certain countries like the United States are using their considerable political influence to block clean power and continue investment and construction of dirty power infrastructure (which looks also to get a major boost in the Republican’s current tax proposal.)

This is not a picture of a world where life will be happy, fun, easy, clean, safe, stable, prosperous, or for that matter, free, at least as we have known it and come to take for granted since the end of the Second World War.

And these are just the scientifically measurable outcomes of the climate reality.

The less knowable but still predictable impacts on governance, liberty, order, and respect for human rights and dignity are equally unnerving.
Under a still relatively status quoglobal situation, an illiberal adversary was successful at manipulating our democratic process to install a hostile authoritarian at the top of the U.S. government.

Now just imagine how American voters and leadership – and adversaries worldwide – will react when everywhere from Peru and Colombia to Mexico to Arizona and Texas is too hot for people to live in, resulting in millions of climate refugees necessarily fleeing to the United States and Canada, which by then will barely be able to provide basic food and water to its own people.
It’s also wise to examine the future viability of the United States as a functioning nation-state under the pressures climate change will subject it to, when we have a Republic with a governing structure who not only refuses to acknowledge it as a security risk, but who is also actively suppressing official discussion about climate change and its effects.

(At the American Planning Association’s national conference this spring in New York, we heard from professionals with U.S. government agencies who said they now have to use terms like “projected future needs” and “necessary resilience proposals,” since using terms like “climate change adaptation” will result in research papers and master plans being denied funding.)

If this is the situation in 2017, what do you think things will be like in 2030, or 2050, or in 2100?
I hazard to guess that America’s emergency climate governance will probably either skew severely fascist, or will break the back of the federal government, resulting in the nationwide devolution of sovereignty to among the many states or yet undetermined new regions (holla Cascadia!)
(Solutions to this potential crisis, like the implementation of democratic confederalism in devolved municipalities, is the subject for future articles.)

Is this a world you want your kids growing up in?

Ethical and philosophical schools have long sought the solution to relieving suffering.
Buddhism’s primary focus is escaping the cycle of death and rebirth, which exacerbates the clinging-to of desire, which Buddhists believe is the source of suffering.

The Hippocratic Oath which all medical doctors since antiquity have sworn to uphold, states that doctors shall “do no harm.”
Christianity’s basic premise is that we are all to simply love one another, without qualification or condition, as a means of alleviating the pain and struggle inevitable in life.

Therefore, considering all of this, we now have to ask ourselves: is having children in the climate change era anything but the pinnacle of selfishness and cruelty?

The idea that having a child because they might have a chance at being the person who resolves our crises is fallacy.
We know the necessary solutions and the steps to take – the biggest problem we face today is finding the political will and capital to act.

So it’s not like your kid is going to be the one to magically restore us to ecological balance and unending prosperity.
In fact, having children is the single worst thing you can do for the environment, as human offspring continue the cycle of consumption and its inherent emissions of greenhouse gases.

Not to mention the fact that they will have to experience, bear witness to, fight, and perhaps even assume leadership roles during the most tumultuous period in the history of geopolitics and anthropology.

I was born in the 1980s.
By 2050, I will be in my spritely young mid-60s (and my grandfather, who recently passed, made it to age 94).

Children born today will be only in their young adulthood or early middle age by the middle of the century, and will be settling into “retirement” by the end of the century, when science predicts much of the world will be more like Venus than Earth.

So, I think considering all of this, the most ethical course is that if you love children – which I wholeheartedly do – then the answer is to consciously not have them, and to spare them the pain of watching the whole beloved system fall into absolute pieces.

It’s basic mercy.
It’s compassion.

Hell, it’s even harm reduction.
So, get your tubes tied, ladies, snip-snip, gentlemen, and enjoy the rest of the world while we’ve still got it, without having to wake up every day worried and guilty about the anguish your offspring would otherwise have to endure.

Reactions: Sandie33
What are your personal thoughts on this?

It’s Time to Discuss the Ethics of
Subjecting New Humans to the Climate Change Era

5a37fe381600003d00c509e1.jpg

It’s time for us to have a serious conversation about the ethics of bringing new humans into the world at the end of its relative habitability.
I keep seeing in my news feeds celebratory posts from happy young couples getting pregnant and having babies.

But I can’t help but feel severe pain for these new children, because of the future that they are going to have to endure.

I worked on climate policy and sustainable development at the United Nations, during the Rio+20 Conference on Sustainable Development, then a few years later on prep for UN-Habitat’s New Urban Agenda.

These summits convened the world’s top experts on climate science, economics, human rights, anthropology, defense, and human behavior, and the picture they painted about our future was actually quite bleak.

In fact, during one panel of top scientists and economists addressing the Bretton Woods institutions (World Bank and IMF), they said a quote that is seared into my memory forever: “Now is the time to go to your homes and bring your families close,” because from this point forward, they said, things will only continue to fall apart.

This was in 2012.
And look how things have gone just since then.

The reality is, by 2050, the UN projects that 66 percent of the world’s 9.3 billion people will be crammed into cities and sprawling megalopolis areas. (For perspective, in 1950, only 30 percent of earth’s 2.5 billion people lived in cities, and only nine years ago, in 2008, when the population was 6.7 billion, did that ratio hit 50 percent.)

Not only do these figures pose fundamental questions about how we are going to feed, water, clothe, and power these new urbanites, these challenges are compounded when you consider that climate change will make mid-latitudes increasingly too hot to sustain life, resulting in mass migration in the tens of millions, at least, toward the poles, while breadbaskets and aquifers desertify, pollinators – who provide all our fruits, veggies, and natural textiles – die off en masse, and, despite having the technology to have a completely renewable power grid, entrenched interests in certain countries like the United States are using their considerable political influence to block clean power and continue investment and construction of dirty power infrastructure (which looks also to get a major boost in the Republican’s current tax proposal.)

This is not a picture of a world where life will be happy, fun, easy, clean, safe, stable, prosperous, or for that matter, free, at least as we have known it and come to take for granted since the end of the Second World War.

And these are just the scientifically measurable outcomes of the climate reality.

The less knowable but still predictable impacts on governance, liberty, order, and respect for human rights and dignity are equally unnerving.
Under a still relatively status quoglobal situation, an illiberal adversary was successful at manipulating our democratic process to install a hostile authoritarian at the top of the U.S. government.

Now just imagine how American voters and leadership – and adversaries worldwide – will react when everywhere from Peru and Colombia to Mexico to Arizona and Texas is too hot for people to live in, resulting in millions of climate refugees necessarily fleeing to the United States and Canada, which by then will barely be able to provide basic food and water to its own people.
It’s also wise to examine the future viability of the United States as a functioning nation-state under the pressures climate change will subject it to, when we have a Republic with a governing structure who not only refuses to acknowledge it as a security risk, but who is also actively suppressing official discussion about climate change and its effects.

(At the American Planning Association’s national conference this spring in New York, we heard from professionals with U.S. government agencies who said they now have to use terms like “projected future needs” and “necessary resilience proposals,” since using terms like “climate change adaptation” will result in research papers and master plans being denied funding.)

If this is the situation in 2017, what do you think things will be like in 2030, or 2050, or in 2100?
I hazard to guess that America’s emergency climate governance will probably either skew severely fascist, or will break the back of the federal government, resulting in the nationwide devolution of sovereignty to among the many states or yet undetermined new regions (holla Cascadia!)
(Solutions to this potential crisis, like the implementation of democratic confederalism in devolved municipalities, is the subject for future articles.)

Is this a world you want your kids growing up in?

Ethical and philosophical schools have long sought the solution to relieving suffering.
Buddhism’s primary focus is escaping the cycle of death and rebirth, which exacerbates the clinging-to of desire, which Buddhists believe is the source of suffering.

The Hippocratic Oath which all medical doctors since antiquity have sworn to uphold, states that doctors shall “do no harm.”
Christianity’s basic premise is that we are all to simply love one another, without qualification or condition, as a means of alleviating the pain and struggle inevitable in life.

Therefore, considering all of this, we now have to ask ourselves: is having children in the climate change era anything but the pinnacle of selfishness and cruelty?

The idea that having a child because they might have a chance at being the person who resolves our crises is fallacy.
We know the necessary solutions and the steps to take – the biggest problem we face today is finding the political will and capital to act.

So it’s not like your kid is going to be the one to magically restore us to ecological balance and unending prosperity.
In fact, having children is the single worst thing you can do for the environment, as human offspring continue the cycle of consumption and its inherent emissions of greenhouse gases.

Not to mention the fact that they will have to experience, bear witness to, fight, and perhaps even assume leadership roles during the most tumultuous period in the history of geopolitics and anthropology.

I was born in the 1980s.
By 2050, I will be in my spritely young mid-60s (and my grandfather, who recently passed, made it to age 94).

Children born today will be only in their young adulthood or early middle age by the middle of the century, and will be settling into “retirement” by the end of the century, when science predicts much of the world will be more like Venus than Earth.

So, I think considering all of this, the most ethical course is that if you love children – which I wholeheartedly do – then the answer is to consciously not have them, and to spare them the pain of watching the whole beloved system fall into absolute pieces.

It’s basic mercy.
It’s compassion.

Hell, it’s even harm reduction.
So, get your tubes tied, ladies, snip-snip, gentlemen, and enjoy the rest of the world while we’ve still got it, without having to wake up every day worried and guilty about the anguish your offspring would otherwise have to endure.

History happens... It's been happening for 60,000+ years, know enough, that you see what's going to happen... and stay out of its way. The earth is shifting, not warming, but if you think its warming, by land in Alaska and move there, if you right it should be like palm springs in a few years...

History happens... It's been happening for 60,000+ years, know enough, that you see what's going to happen... and stay out of its way. The earth is shifting, not warming, but if you think its warming, by land in Alaska and move there, if you right it should be like palm springs in a few years...
Arguably history really did not begin until it could be recorded and preserved, kinda the definition of history. Fleeing a possible world wide calamity is both irresponsible and impractical. The climate is changing and in may go into a rapid change in the near future. It is quite possible that human society can mitigate those effects if the owners of the world economy can be convinced to convince the sheep who follow them to change their tune.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Arguably history really did not begin until it could be recorded and preserved, kinda the definition of history. Fleeing a possible world wide calamity is both irresponsible and impractical. The climate is changing and in may go into a rapid change in the near future. It is quite possible that human society can mitigate those effects if the owners of the world economy can be convinced to convince the sheep who follow them to change their tune.

each astrogical procession is 26,000 years long, how many rises and falls of empire, how many processions happened before they gave it a name?

Reactions: Sandie33
(If he were applying for a city bus driver position)

Q: Mr. Petersen have you ever driven a city bus?
A: I have not.
Q: Have you ever driven a school bus?
A: No.
Q: Have you ever driven any type of public bus?
Q: Have you been to bus driver school?
A: I have been involved with a school before.
Q: For the record, was it bus driver school?
Q: Have you touched a bus steering wheel?
Q: Have you ever actually been on a bus?
A: I have looked at books with pictures of buses.
Q: Mr Petersen do you know how to make the bus go forward and backward?
A: At this time I don't have that information readily available but I could find that out. I understand and appreciate this line of questioning, but my pathway to bus driving has been unique and I believe I will make a fine truck driver.
Q: You mean bus driver?
A: Could you repeat the question?

I'm sorry we're out of time gentlemen.
Made my day.... I have no idea who we’re talking about but that Q&A was hilarious....

More.... want more!!!

As Wealthiest Amass Another $1 Trillion in 2017,
Calls for a 'Strike Back' Against Oligarchy

"We can have a world where everyone has a decent home, the chance for an education, and access to healthcare.
Or we can have billionaires. We can't have both."

29054545133_6c6e89cf1f_k.jpg

The 500 richest people in the world became $1 trillion richer in 2017, adding to concerns over a global wealth gap that shows no signs of narrowing. (Photo: Paulann Egelhoff/Flickr/cc)​

As the gap between the world's richest and poorest people has widened to an extreme not seen since the Gilded Age, the 500 wealthiest people have gotten $1 trillion richer in 2017, according to Bloomberg's Billionaires Index.

The richest people in the world have been able to amass huge wealth this year thanks to a booming stock market, as billions of poor and working people around the world have seen little if any benefit from strong markets.

Even in the world's major economies, including Japan, the U.K., and the U.S., workers have seen their wages stagnate or decline in recent years.

Efforts by the very rich to contribute to the lower classes through charity, while commendable, have also done little to halt the growing wealth gap in a global economy in which the world's five richest people control $425 billion, or one-sixth of the U.K.'s gross domestic product.

More than 170 of the richest people have signed the Giving Pledge, created in 2010 by Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett to encourage the rich to give at least half of their wealth to charity.

But since the pledge was established, according to Oxfam, the wealth of the poorest half of the world's population has fallen by a trillion dollars—suggesting that good intentions among the rich are no match for a worldwide economy with such an extreme consolidation of wealth.

The wealth gap has grown large enough to leave some advisers of the rich wary of a potential sea change in the coming years, as the degree of inequality becomes unsustainable and leaders take action to stop markets from favoring the wealthy few—similar to how monopolies were broken up in the U.S. in the early 20th century.

"We're at an inflection point," Josef Stadler, the lead author of a recent report by UBS/Pricewaterhouse Coopers on the world's billionaires, told the Guardian. "Wealth concentration is as high as in 1905, this is something billionaires are concerned about...The question is to what extent is that sustainable and at what point will society intervene and strike back?"

On social media, many denounced the widening wealth gap illustrated by Bloomberg's billionaires index.

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 7.47.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 7.47.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 7.48.05 AM.png

10888878_10152669747336275_6653330017816896371_n.jpg

Reactions: Sandie33 and James