How can we take it back? | Page 91 | INFJ Forum

How can we take it back?

People won't just sit at home and do nothing

The object of all work is Leisure. People want to do something meaningful with their time. We should be automating all the grind type jobs. Work should be fun/vocational . For every one.

We live on a planet capable of providing for everyone's needs. Money should become redundant, not people. We're getting there slowly but what seems unimaginable now, will hopefully soon be reality.

Money? After food, necessitates etc. It's fools gold. Time is the only real currency, and that's a limited commodity.

The object of all work is Leisure. People want to do something meaningful with their time. We should be automating all the grind type jobs. Work should be fun/vocational . For every one.

We live on a planet capable of providing for everyone's needs. Money should become redundant, not people. We're getting there slowly but what seems unimaginable now, will hopefully soon be reality.

Money? After food, necessitates etc. It's fools gold. Time is the only real currency, and that's a limited commodity.
The Venus Project has some good ideas about automation and what a sustainable future could look like if we would get out heads out of the oil-sands.
https://www.thevenusproject.com
They address what will happen to people when everything is automated - then what?
No one has a job.
They have some interesting ideas...I’m not sure how likely it is to ever happen, but it’s good to have something to shoot for...how far we get, we shall see.

Reactions: Wyote and James
Friday, November 03, 2017
Common Dreams
'Seminal Moment' as ICC Chief Prosecutor Seeks Probe of US War Crimes in Afghanistan
"Whatever the court decides about the role of U.S. forces, the people in Afghanistan who have suffered enormously for decades deserve the world's attention. More importantly, they deserve justice."
Andrea Germanos, staff writer

icc-prosecutor-wants-probe-war-crimes-afghanistan.jpg

ICC chief prosecutor Fatou Bensouda, seen here in 2012, said Friday she would be asking the court for authorization to begin an investigation into possible war crimes and crimes against humanity committed in Afghanistan. (Photo: Foundation Max van der Stoel/flickr/cc)

In a move that could implicate U.S. military forces and the C.I.A., the International Criminal Court's chief prosecutor on Friday said she would be asking the Hague-based body to begin a probe of possible war crimes committed in Afghanistan.

"This is a seminal moment for the ICC," said Solomon Sacco, head of international justice at Amnesty International. "Justice for victims of the Afghanistan conflict has taken far too long to arrive, but investigations like this one are the reason the Court was set up—to provide a last chance for justice when states parties have failed to deliver it."

Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda says in her statement, "Following a meticulous preliminary examination of the situation, I have come to the conclusion that all legal criteria required under the Rome Statute to commence an investigation have been met," noting that "there is a reasonable basis to believe that war crimes and crimes against humanity have been committed in connection with the armed conflict in Afghanistan."

[...]

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...secutor-seeks-probe-us-war-crimes-afghanistan

'Luved' reading every word of that. Bring them all in: W, HW, Donald Rumsfeld, Condi Rice, etc.

Reactions: Skarekrow
EarthJustice_logo.jpg

For Immediate Release
Monday, November 6, 2017 - 1:15pm
Organization Profile:
Earthjustice

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Menominee Tribe Takes Action to Protect Its Namesake River
Lawsuit Aims to Ensure Clean Water Act Protections for Regionally and Nationally Important Waters

Keshena, Wis. - Today, the Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin (“Tribe”), represented by Earthjustice, gave legal notice of intent to pursue federal litigation, to ensure that the health of the Menominee River and portions of the Tribe’s ancestral homeland and sacred sites won’t be jeopardized by a large mine on the banks of the Menominee River on the Wisconsin-Michigan border.

The 60-Day Notice of Intent to Sue under the Clean Water Act outlines violations of federal agency duties under the Act that will affect water quality of the Menominee River and adjacent wetlands, and downstream to Green Bay, as a result of the Back Forty Mine Project.

[...]

“Our Tribe’s creation story began at the mouth of the Menominee River thousands of years ago,” said Besaw. “Our ancestors’ history and indeed, their very remains are enshrined in the landscape that the Back Forty project will destroy. But this is about more than just our Tribe. A project of this magnitude will affect other tribes, multiple states, local fishermen, downstream communities, wildlife—and ultimately, the health of the Great Lakes. The risks for all are simply too great.”

[...]

https://www.commondreams.org/newswi...tribe-takes-action-protect-its-namesake-river

Keep going strong! The story of the oil company will soon end. Obituary to be written soon!!

For Immediate Release
Thursday, November 2, 2017 - 5:00pm
Kanahus Manuel, Secwepemc Women’s Warrior Society: Tiny House Warriors

Solar Panels Installed In The Path Of The Kinder Morgan Pipeline
SECWEPEMC TERRITORY / KAMLOOPS - Today, members of the Secwepemc Nation known as the Tiny House Warriors are completing the installation of solar panels on a tiny house they’ve built to put directly in the path of Kinder Morgan’s Trans Mountain Expansion pipeline.

“The solar panels we installed on the tiny house today will stand in the path of Kinder Morgan’s pipeline to model the type of energy our communities need and that our children’s future depends on. By harnessing the power of the the sun, we are telling Kinder Morgan and the Trudeau government that our energy systems can help nurture life instead of destroying it. This is what Indigenous consent on energy projects and what climate leadership should look like,” said Kanahus Manuel, a leader with the Tiny House Warriors and member of the Secewepemc Women’s Warrior Society.

[...]

https://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2017/11/02/solar-panels-installed-path-kinder-morgan-pipeline

Teasing, huh!?! :m129:

Sunday, November 05, 2017
Common Dreams
Chanting 'Keep It In the Ground,' Thousands Descend on German Coalfields
"We want to fulfill our historic responsibility. That's why we go to the coal mines, to protect the climate there."
Jake Johnson, staff writer

dn3soduw0aa1ctx_1.jpg

"Germany's lignite mines are among the biggest coal mines in the world," Zane Sikulu, a Climate Warrior from Tonga, said in a statement. (Photo: Code Rood/Twitter)

Demanding an end to coal and all forms of dirty energy extraction, over 4,000 activists descended on the Rhineland coalfields in Germany early Sunday in a mass demonstration just a day before COP23 climate talks are set to kick off.

[...]

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...it-ground-thousands-descend-german-coalfields

Hippies are irritating, we know. :D

Quoted as an indisputable truth of life. Bravo.

(If he were applying for a city bus driver position)

Q: Mr. Petersen have you ever driven a city bus?
A: I have not.
Q: Have you ever driven a school bus?
A: No.
Q: Have you ever driven any type of public bus?
Q: Have you been to bus driver school?
A: I have been involved with a school before.
Q: For the record, was it bus driver school?
Q: Have you touched a bus steering wheel?
Q: Have you ever actually been on a bus?
A: I have looked at books with pictures of buses.
Q: Mr Petersen do you know how to make the bus go forward and backward?
A: At this time I don't have that information readily available but I could find that out. I understand and appreciate this line of questioning, but my pathway to bus driving has been unique and I believe I will make a fine truck driver.
Q: You mean bus driver?
A: Could you repeat the question?

I'm sorry we're out of time gentlemen.

(If he were applying for a city bus driver position)

Q: Mr. Petersen have you ever driven a city bus?
A: I have not.
Q: Have you ever driven a school bus?
Q: Have you ever driven any type of public bus?
Q: Have you been to bus driver school?
A: I have been involved with a school before.
Q: For the record, was it bus driver school?
Q: Have you touched a bus steering wheel?
Q: Have you ever actually been on a bus?
A: I have looked at books with pictures of buses.
Q: Mr Petersen do you know how to make the bus go forward and backward?
A: At this time I don't have that information readily available but I could find that out. I understand and appreciate this line of questioning, but my pathway to bus driving has been unique and I believe I will make a fine truck driver.
Q: You mean bus driver?
A: Could you repeat the question?

I'm sorry we're out of time gentlemen.

Brilliant lol.

ummm ... sacrilicious...

Here’s the full list.

h10-cdc-banned.jpg

Can’t say them anymore...totally a free country we live in!!
Come on now where are you fucking conservative libertarian assclowns (not you EG) - where’s your fight?!
That’s right, you’re all full of shit.

Last edited:
We wouldn't want anything to be “Science-based” or “Evidence-based” - how fucking stupid is this administration?
How can any Republican with half a brain still be supportive of this?
Dumb as a box of rocks.

Looks like Trump took it back after all. /thread

Here’s the full list.

h10-cdc-banned.jpg

Come on now where are you fucking conservative libertarian assclowns (not you EG) - where’s your fight?!

I'll be your huckleberry... ;) Mind you I only did a quick Google search, nothing in depth.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybe...ban-words-like-fetus-and-transgender-n2424580

Additionally, the New York Times quoted administration sources who debunked the "ban" claim, explaining that the new guidelines were merely (non-mandatroy) suggestions about how to present topics in budget-related documents,not scientific or medical content. In other words, the justifications for media hyperventilation over alleged Trump-imposed authoritarian word purges were slowly falling apart. But it gets even worse. Writing at National Review, former Bush administration official Yuval Levin did some digging and has now revealed the perfect punchline for this sadly-typical episode of journalistic laziness and confirmation bias. The anti-Trump narrative was "too good to check," then disintegrated completely when someone finally bothered to check:

These [terms] are “avoid when possible” terms in a style guide specifically intended for budget documents. They’re not words that are banned in the department. Second, these three terms to avoid apparently came up in the course of a meeting among career officials at the CDC late last week about preparing next year’s congressional-justification documents. That discussion then led to a conversation in the meeting about other terms that might be best avoided...This meeting did not involve any political appointees, and apparently the conversation about terms beyond “diversity,” “entitlements,” and “vulnerable” was not about terms that anyone in the department had said should be avoided but about terms that it might be wise to avoid so as not to raise red flags among Republicans in Congress. In other words, what happened regarding these other terms (“transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based,” and “science-based”) was not that retrograde Republicans ordered career CDC officials not to use these terms but that career CDC officials assumed retrograde Republicans would be triggered by such words and, in an effort to avoid having such Republicans cut their budgets, reasoned they might be best avoided.

Here’s the full list.

h10-cdc-banned.jpg

Oh... sorry, I didn't see the not you EG part of your post, I withdraw my last post, in that case :p Please continue your regularly scheduled conservative libertarian bashing... Just as aside though has it occured to anyone that Trump has kept, or is the process of keeping every campaign promise he made... nevermind I guess it doesn't matter, he's an alleged mysoginist am I right? Burn him!!

Last edited:
I'll be your huckleberry... ;) Mind you I only did a quick Google search, nothing in depth.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybe...ban-words-like-fetus-and-transgender-n2424580

Additionally, the New York Times quoted administration sources who debunked the "ban" claim, explaining that the new guidelines were merely (non-mandatroy) suggestions about how to present topics in budget-related documents,not scientific or medical content. In other words, the justifications for media hyperventilation over alleged Trump-imposed authoritarian word purges were slowly falling apart. But it gets even worse. Writing at National Review, former Bush administration official Yuval Levin did some digging and has now revealed the perfect punchline for this sadly-typical episode of journalistic laziness and confirmation bias. The anti-Trump narrative was "too good to check," then disintegrated completely when someone finally bothered to check:

These [terms] are “avoid when possible” terms in a style guide specifically intended for budget documents. They’re not words that are banned in the department. Second, these three terms to avoid apparently came up in the course of a meeting among career officials at the CDC late last week about preparing next year’s congressional-justification documents. That discussion then led to a conversation in the meeting about other terms that might be best avoided...This meeting did not involve any political appointees, and apparently the conversation about terms beyond “diversity,” “entitlements,” and “vulnerable” was not about terms that anyone in the department had said should be avoided but about terms that it might be wise to avoid so as not to raise red flags among Republicans in Congress. In other words, what happened regarding these other terms (“transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based,” and “science-based”) was not that retrograde Republicans ordered career CDC officials not to use these terms but that career CDC officials assumed retrograde Republicans would be triggered by such words and, in an effort to avoid having such Republicans cut their budgets, reasoned they might be best avoided.

Oh... sorry, I didn't see the not you EG part of your post, I withdraw my last post, in that case :p Please continue your regularly scheduled conservative libertarian bashing... Just as aside though has it occured to anyone that Trump has kept, or is the process of keeping every campaign promise he made... nevermind I guess it doesn't matter, he's an alleged mysoginist am I right? Burn him!!

Well it's good to see both sides of the issue anyhow...then we can all try and make more informed decisions.
I have never had issue with another viewpoint...I only take issue when someone tries to ram it down my throat or someone else's.
If it's suggested they don't use those words or not....it comes off kind of as - don't use them or you may get fired sort of threat....which is a whole pile of BS.
Was not suggesting you....was in fact calling out everyone's favorite pseudo-liberatarian who doesn't seem to understand the basics of what his party stands for as he starts threads praising the idiocy that is the man child Trump especially when they are attacking basis tenets of our "freedom" in this country.
Brilliant fucking tax give away...Trump has the actual gall to claim it will hurt his tax bottom line...hahahaha.
The demented old pathological liar can't handle a few words that might trigger his ape-like midbrain to tweet at 3am...same goes with Congress.
We wouldn't want to use any words that could trigger the fragile egos of those stealing the wealth in this country as they lie to the nation all in the name of more $$$$ now would we?
The so called party of "fiscal responsibility" has just blown the deficit sky high....the so called part of "family values" is passing a bill transferring 2/3 of the wealth to the top 2%.....paid for by the working class, poor, and the destruction of social programs and safety nets.
Trickle down certainly won't work if the unemployment rate is as low as it is...not to mention that any tax breaks that go to the middle class in in this bill are temporary, decreasing each year until 80% of Americans will be paying HIGHER taxes and 13 million people will lose healthcare...9 million children....this is from the GOPs own CBO score...but don't worry while the tax cuts for the middle class run out in a year or so....the corporate income tax breaks and things like the carried interest deduction, the destruction of the estate tax and various other giveaways to those who are already rich will NOT be phased out but are permanent - pretty slick BS if you ask me.
The banning of words is just an example of the petty and frankly stupid, idiotic, moronic, fascist, lameness that we have seen from Trump and co so far...how about we just burn books we don't like?
Of course blowing up net neutrality can turn into a figurative "book burning" if we don't pay attention and don't continue to oppose the "legal" ability the FCC now has to block any content they see fit.
Party of "family values" can't even renew CHIP so children have health insurance and don't die from wholly preventable but priced-out services.
The party of "fiscal responsibility" want to blow up the deficit by $1.5 trillion+.....but don't worry...they are totally going to pay for it by destroying Planned Parenthood, Medicaid, Social Security, Medicare, public education, public libraries, WIC, food stamps, tax credits that are being eliminated altogether - but only for the middle class and poor.
Healthcare takes an automatic 10%- 50% jump in premiums when the tax scam passes - so all you who voted for the GOP to run the show...enjoy your own stupidity as we let the rich gouge us into abject poverty.
Once again the poor, non-whites, and ill get blamed for the monetary woes Congess creates themselves by letting lobbyists write legislation that is the real issue that never gets touched with a ten foot pole - corporate welfare.
Enough said....sorry, didn't mean to mix you up, as if I was attacking you...just a misunderstanding.
Cheers!

Reactions: Wyote