How can Christians justify being judgemental? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How can Christians justify being judgemental?

That is not entirely accurate. Besides...of all the ways of articulating the meaning of the life and teaching of Jesus, "transferral of responsibility" would not even make the list.
List mist. I'm saying that if one looks at what someone dying for you and thereby removing you of all your sins no matter how greivous (murder, child rape) signifys, one would come to the conclusion that it clearly indicates the ability to pass your responsibility for your actions on to a scape goat.

What Jesus' dying 'for us' essentially does here is forgive the sins committed against other people, not against himself. Can no-one see the sheer self-importance of doing such a thing?

Last edited:
his sacrifice for all our sins is OBVIOUSLY a transferral of responsiblity.

I don't care what you say the bible says or not

No. The bibles teaching (from what is general knowledge, yes, much to your glee I confess I have not thumbed through every page of Corinthians) is evidently condoning transferral of sins to Jesus since he died for us.

(I hope to point out that this is off topic and should if the TC believes it neccesarry should be split into a new thread.)

first, let's change the sentence of "his sacrifice for all our sins is OBVIOUSLY a transferral of responsiblity".

to this " his sacrifice for all our sins is OBVIOUSLY a transferral of justice."

does that make sense?

Either way, the crimes such as murder and rape have infact been paid for.
The thing is they were paid by someone else.

this then begs the question, how can someone innocent take the burden of anothers crimes. I would say only with the cosent of the afflicted. In this case all sin is sin against God, God accepts Christs substitution as acceptable and therefore we are no longer guilty of those sins.

So this goes to the point I think your try to get at, how come the other party that is afflicted say the rape victim or the deceased's family have to accept this substituition. Well the short answer is they don't, it's why people are still going to jail for rape and murder. Though this only applies to those whom are not Christians.

moving on to whether you care about the Bible or not, my thought on you question was that you were implying something about Christian doctrine(atonemet from sins, meaning of Christs death ). In this case almost all christian doctrines have atleast foundation in the Bible (I would also like to point out that I only accept doctrine founded in the Bible, however I am only one Christian and may or may not represent the views of a larger amount of christians.). So the point would be if you say Christian doctrine means this, I would say where do you find that in the Bible as most christian doctrine is founded in the Bible.

I would also like to point out that if you read the Bible, you would be capable of forming more powerful arguments agaisnt it as you would have a better knowledge of it, and knowing is half the battle.

I would suggest Mark or Luke as a good starting place, and then follow up with Acts.

Romans can be a bit confusing for first time reader so I would suggest finding a commentary if thats where you want to go.