Homosexual Marriage and Adoption | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Homosexual Marriage and Adoption

ShaiGar said:
It says CLEAR advantage. Unless the government consists of pedophiles, children remain liabilities until they become wage earners and tax payers.

I would say that children are a clear reproductive advantage. For the society to continue to exist, it must have children.

Don't you fucking dare!

Oh, behave Mr. Shai!

2683003463a2750855341b751661258ml.jpg

And yet percentages hold that Heterosexuality is worse.

I'll abstain until i actually have time to read the studies.

Form a lobby group probably.

That should totally be an INFJ project. Lobby for Mr. Squiggles.

Of course I'm for gay marrige:m027:. if they want to get married and adopt, then whatever, i support that. Love is love.
When i grew up i had a homosexual couple next door, and they had this son and he was cool... kinda like a younger bro... annoying and everything -.- and they were good parents.

So should single mothers be allowed?After all the child is being exposed to one gender role.

yeah.... I only have my mom XP

Last edited:
I am upset about this.
If two people can feel deep feelings of love for one another we need to move forward. No more racism, no more hate, no ill-based facts of gay couples, no more sexist garbage. We can't move backwards. We just can't. We need to move forward so that people who love another can share in the wonder of marriage, which by the way would probably lead to less of a spread of std's as gay people are not going to stop being gay.Marriage a written document which bonds people together a document of security. We need to stop the predjidices of minds and think to ourselves, and also for ourselves, what is really right ? Not what the media thinks is right. Love for one another is right to me, and how can we love other people when we force beliefs on others when it is unessisary. In the same chapter it says gay people should not be together it states not to eat pork. Think about is it not foolish? Why would eating food be morally wrong? It does not make sense. Neither does not letting gay people be gay. People need to start thinking for themselves of what it right and think the matter out thouroughly. Those people who think it is wrong because people need two role models a boy and a girl. People can have children unmarried or one could die should they be taken away from there parents? No. Does that mean they will never see both men and women as role models? No. Or friends to learn courting rituals? no I have known people who grew up in poorer homes who had everything but things like cool clothing and things and were teased badly. Should they have been never born or put into adoptive homes for that reason no. There is more than enough heterosexuals to keep the population going. I swear look at china we have enough people.

Last edited:
Reactions: lazyhappy
Also I know some people are probably against it because they fear change. By that logic though in the we should have never have changes as a country to looked high opon racism to one that frowns opon it only men should work and be in complete submission to their husbands no matter how cruel they are.

I am upset about this.
If two people can feel deep feelings of love for one another we need to move forward. No more racism, no more hate, no ill-based facts of gay couples, no more sexist garbage. We can't move backwards. We just can't. We need to move forward so that people who love another can share in the wonder of marriage, which by the way would probably lead to less of a spread of std's as gay people are not going to stop being gay.Marriage a written document which bonds people together a document of security. We need to stop the predjidices of minds and think to ourselves, and also for ourselves, what is really right ? Not what the media thinks is right. Love for one another is right to me, and how can we love other people when we force beliefs on others when it is unessisary. In the same chapter it says gay people should not be together it states not to eat pork. Think about is it not foolish? Why would eating food be morally wrong? It does not make sense. Neither does not letting gay people be gay. People need to start thinking for themselves of what it right and think the matter out thouroughly. Those people who think it is wrong because people need two role models a boy and a girl. People can have children unmarried or one could die should they be taken away from there parents? No. Does that mean they will never see both men and women as role models? No. Or friends to learn courting rituals? no I have known people who grew up in poorer homes who had everything but things like cool clothing and things and were teased badly. Should they have been never born or put into adoptive homes for that reason no. There is more than enough heterosexuals to keep the population going. I swear look at china we have enough people.
In what passage in the New Testament does it say not to eat pork?......Before Christ was cricified that may have been the case but in the New covenant of Christ we are no longer called to live under the law. In fact Mathews 15:11 says that,11"What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.' "

I guess each persons opinion to wether or not same sex marriage should be legalized and wether or not same sex couples should be allowed to adopt a child is decided by where they begin.
For instance two people may see the exact same situation and when asked what happened give a completly different account....as is the case with homosexuality.
As in the definition of what is considered "Bad"...one may say something is bad if it causes harm to someone as is the definition of some.....Personally being that i have a biblical world view, to me something is bad if it causes any sort of barrier between yourself and God ... Homosexuality in the Bible is said to be a sin and to cause a barrier between you and God, therefore I can not with good conscience promote homosexuality and yet I donot judge or codemn* a person who chooses to live in such a way, as I donot feel that God would have me live in such a destructive manner.
Therefore since I feel this way about Homosexuality in turn I donot feel that a same sex partnership is a good invironment to raise a child....due to the fact that this I feel will lead the child to not believe that this message from the bible is correct. I believe that the Bible is the inharent word of God and that it is one hundred percent accurate, thus leading me towards my personal conclusion of the matter.

I guess each persons opinion to wether or not same sex marriage should be legalized and wether or not same sex couples should be allowed to adopt a child is decided by where they begin.
For instance two people may see the exact same situation and when asked what happened give a completly different account....as is the case with homosexuality.
As in the definition of what is considered "Bad"...one may say something is bad if it causes harm to someone as is the definition of some.....Personally being that i have a biblical world view, to me something is bad if it causes any sort of barrier between yourself and God ... Homosexuality in the Bible is said to be a sin and to cause a barrier between you and God, therefore I can not with good conscience promote homosexuality and yet I donot judge or codemn* a person who chooses to live in such a way, as I donot feel that God would have me live in such a destructive manner.
Therefore since I feel this way about Homosexuality in turn I donot feel that a same sex partnership is a good invironment to raise a child....due to the fact that this I feel will lead the child to not believe that this message from the bible is correct. I believe that the Bible is the inharent word of God and that it is one hundred percent accurate, thus leading me towards my personal conclusion of the matter.

What your saying more or less is that everyone has to be a christen. Not every family has the same values. Just because they don't live up to your's doesnt mean they have to live by yours. Your passive-agressivly imposing this upon everyone by thinking this. It is not your child, or your life, for you to control. It is theirs. If they dont live the way you believe is right, so what? Then they are done for, oh well.

Why would you deny two people from loving one another, and giving them a chance to raise a child of their very own. It is causing no harm to socieity, or anyone else by allowing them to do this.

What your saying more or less is that everyone has to be a christen. Not every family has the same values. Just because they don't live up to your's doesnt mean they have to live by yours. Your passive-agressivly imposing this upon everyone by thinking this. It is not your child, or your life, for you to control. It is theirs. If they dont live the way you believe is right, so what? Then they are done for, oh well.

Why would you deny two people from loving one another, and giving them a chance to raise a child of their very own. It is causing no harm to socieity, or anyone else by allowing them to do this.

I am saying that I believe that the Bible is the inharent* word of God and therefore should be followed as such....wether or not you believe the same is your choice entirely. I am simply stating my opinion. I am not one to disassociate myself with a person who does not have the same beleifs as I do. However if I am asked to state my position on a matter I will not shy away due to the fact that I am a minority.
On the contrary I will attempt to state my opinion and the basis for such in as objective a manner as possible, which I feel I have.
Also, though I feel Christ is the only path to God I do not run around condemning non-Christians and homosexuals, raving about there eternity in hell. Conversly I expect the same amount of respect when making my viewpoint known.
If I have presented my opinion in a passive aggresive, rude or cynical manner I do apologize. That is without a doubt beyond my intentions.

I am saying that I believe that the Bible is the inharent* word of God and therefore should be followed as such....wether or not you believe the same is your choice entirely. I am simply stating my opinion. I am not one to disassociate myself with a person who does not have the same beleifs as I do. However if I am asked to state my position on a matter I will not shy away due to the fact that I am a minority.
On the contrary I will attempt to state my opinion and the basis for such in as objective a manner as possible, which I feel I have.
Also, though I feel Christ is the only path to God I do not run around condemning non-Christians and homosexuals, raving about there eternity in hell. Conversly I expect the same amount of respect when making my viewpoint known.
If I have presented my opinion in a passive aggresive, rude or cynical manner I do apologize. That is without a doubt beyond my intentions.

Ok, sorry if I was harsh. I just get very flustered when people try to control other peoples lives that in no way effects anyone else.

Not everyone shares your particular interpretation of the Bible.

http://forum.infjs.com/showthread.php?t=1481&highlight=bible+tells

However, I understand that is your personal perception, and I can respect that.

I think homosexual everything should be legal (I live in the US, so my perceptions lean towards the US issues of it).

1st Amendment:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Religion should NOT play a part in how two people can gain legal rights via the government in term of "marriage." It's not a matter of what is religiously correct; it's a matter of what is politically just.

I'm not saying that religion should allow marriage if it doesn't coincide with the religious views. However, politically, the rights should be attainable through some sort of binding.

FINALLLY joining the homo discussion after long ignoring it xD

I am not against homosexual marriage; if it is true love then I say go for it. =)
Although I am sorry if there are any homosexuals on here who may be offended now, but I absolutely do not think that gays should be able to have (adopt) a child. One has to consider that children in fact come from heterozygous - male and female joined - and that a child is a new life who will live and suffer enormous prejudice and bullying due to e.g. male-male couples. They may be excellent people and it may be wrong of the whole world, ALTHOUGH you cannot fight against the majority in millions when a child will suffer as you do so.
Therefore as 'responsible wanting to be "parents" they should make the right judgement and rethink bringing a baby into a life of consequences.

FINALLLY joining the homo discussion after long ignoring it xD

I am not against homosexual marriage; if it is true love then I say go for it. =)
Although I am sorry if there are any homosexuals on here who may be offended now, but I absolutely do not think that gays should be able to have (adopt) a child. One has to consider that children in fact come from heterozygous - male and female joined - and that a child is a new life who will live and suffer enormous prejudice and bullying due to e.g. male-male couples. They may be excellent people and it may be wrong of the whole world, ALTHOUGH you cannot fight against the majority in millions when a child will suffer as you do so.
Therefore as 'responsible wanting to be "parents" they should make the right judgement and rethink bringing a baby into a life of consequences.

Don't you think it is unfair though to the people who so want to care for a child of their own? Yes, the child may incounter bullying and prejustice durring schooling and early life. However, doesn't it already happen already for various reasons?

Don't you think it is unfair though to the people who so want to care for a child of their own? Yes, the child may incounter bullying and prejustice durring schooling and early life. However, doesn't it already happen already for various reasons?

Yes I think it is very unfair that gays have to go trough such misstreatment. However as I am a child of bullying, guess for what? because I was 2 years younger than everybody (started school early).
So it is to think if I am bullied for AGE which has had terrible consequences on me like turning introverted, inhibiting myself from speaking, being myself and such. (not anymore but very much used to be). Then just imagine what a kid with e.g. 2 dads will have to go through... I know that it is unfair but as a responsible being it is necessary to think of the 'future child' more than oneself. Sure bullying is everywhere but why cause another child to be bullied just because it happens 'all the time'. We are essentially talking about emotions, and no child deserves being bullied.

Yes I think it is very unfair that gays have to go trough such misstreatment. However as I am a child of bullying, guess for what? because I was 2 years younger than everybody (started school early).
So it is to think if I am bullied for AGE which has had terrible consequences on me like turning introverted, inhibiting myself from speaking, being myself and such. (not anymore but very much used to be). Then just imagine what a kid with e.g. 2 dads will have to go through... I know that it is unfair but as a responsible being it is necessary to think of the 'future child' more than oneself. Sure bullying is everywhere but why cause another child to be bullied just because it happens 'all the time'. We are essentially talking about emotions, and no child deserves being bullied.

I was bullied alot as a child too, for being so strange. It was bad, it pushed me to scuicide. I made it through it though. I guess this is just a difference in values, but I do not see bullying as a huge deterent for raising a child. You also can not say for sure if a child will be bullied for having same sex parents. Now adays, bullying is much more easily controled as well.

I was bullied alot as a child too, for being so strange. It was bad, it pushed me to scuicide. I made it through it though. I guess this is just a difference in values, but I do not see bullying as a huge deterent for raising a child. You also can not say for sure if a child will be bullied for having same sex parents. Now adays, bullying is much more easily controled as well.

Of course not, nothing is ever for sure. But the likelihood of a child being bullied with the same sex parents will definetly drastically increase. You say bullying is more controlled, I say differently though because there are so many kids out there who are forced to be quiet, into their own world of dreams that eventually are doubted more and more, every day.
Personally I think gays are admirable to be parents for e.g. foreign or homeless kids. Hence, I am just saying that due to todays society, especially in the western culture (America and europe), it is not worth putting a child through the possible bullying and the explanations of what isnt part of nature xy-xy or xx-xx. Because obviously xy-xx are the ones to be having children right?

(I really don't mean to harm, I am only reasoning so please don't be sad)

Of course not, nothing is ever for sure. But the likelihood of a child being bullied with the same sex parents will definetly drastically increase. You say bullying is more controlled, I say differently though because there are so many kids out there who are forced to be quiet, into their own world of dreams that eventually are doubted more and more, every day.
Personally I think gays are admirable to be parents for e.g. foreign or homeless kids. Hence, I am just saying that due to todays society, especially in the western culture (America and europe), it is not worth putting a child through the possible bullying and the explanations of what isnt part of nature xy-xy or xx-xx. Because obviously xy-xx are the ones to be having children right?

(I really don't mean to harm, I am only reasoning so please don't be sad)

Oh don't worry, I am not sad at all. It is an honest argument, and you give a valid point I have not thought of before :)

Even so, shouldn't we start somewhere? Nearly all socieital changes where a social group becomes excepted starts with a small few who take the front end blasts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qf0puHJ-KM&feature=channel_page

FYI, the NASW code of ethics doesn't allow discrimination against potential parents based on sexual orientation, and so state laws or policies have to be made specifically to forbid gays from adopting children.

Last edited: