Jan 16, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I have a friend.

I think he is ESTP but help me out.

Let me share some random facts:

He has terrible credit. He does not seem to care about money at all. He just spends money on the stuff he wants without thinking about maybe saving any of it. He is very "here and now".

I know he is E because he is very sociable. He has a gazillion friends and he is naturally the center of attention. I don't know how he does that. It's like magic. He is a lot of fun to be around. He makes things happen quickly. He does not hesitate or stop to think (as opposed to me). He throws parties a lot and even had a few theme parties that you had to pay for in order to cover the fact that it was open bar. I asked him if it covered everything and he said that it set him back about a grand. He said it really casually -- no worries. He also said that he hates the idea of people showing up to one of his parties and having to pay for their own alcohol.

He does not do conflict. He gets along with everyone, I guess. He's not scared of it, and it's like he just ignores it because he does not see the point in it.

He works as a computer technician. He has always been interested in technology. He used to have his own car dealership thingy. His work ethic is fine I guess, but he will casually be late for work without worrying about it. He doesn't ever worry, seems like.

Ask me questions about him if you'd like.

Finally, do you think this is a good friendship fit for an INFJ? I could argue both ways.

Reactions: Nixie
Finally, do you think this is a good friendship fit for an INFJ? I could argue both ways.

Why ask if he is a good fit? Are you having issues with him?

I don't think the question is whether he this is a good fit for an INFJ. I think the question is more along the of is he a good fit for you. Not every INFJ is the same, remember. So, what is good for one may be bad for another.

Ask yourself if he is good for you. Does he make you happy? Is the relationship healthy? so on and so forth.

As for his type. Sounds like an E and a P. I can't really tell much else.

Why ask if he is a good fit? Are you having issues with him?

I don't think the question is whether he this is a good fit for an INFJ. I think the question is more along the of is he a good fit for you. Not every INFJ is the same, remember. So, what is good for one may be bad for another.

Ask yourself if he is good for you. Does he make you happy? Is the relationship healthy? so on and so forth.

As for his type. Sounds like an E and a P. I can't really tell much else.

Yes, issues.
I'm interested in seeing what other INFJs have to say about their experiences with his type (whatever it may be determined to be). The problems I'm having seem to be very "INFJ" related, if that makes sense. My Ni and Ti clash with his lack thereof, and etc. So I'm thinking that if I have certain issues, chances are likely that other INFJs will, too.

If you're sure he's an S then I certainly wouldn't rule out ESFP. F types can get on very well with computers too. In fact most people I know that work with them are Fs.

Yes,
I'm not ruling out that he could be F.
But I don't know how to know that. Being empathetic in general won't be enough, right? How can you tell?
He gives money to homeless people eventhough he doesn't have a lot for himself. He is really generous with money.
I remember one time when we hade just met. He was about to have a party and I said I didn't like them so I would probably just stay in my room. During the course of the party he "checked in" with me several times and said he wanted to make sure I was properly shielded from the party. I don't think anyone has ever done that for me before. <3

*helps aerosol*
My Friend My Friend My Friend My Friend My Friend My Friend My Friend My Friend My Friend My Friend

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Reactions: Wyote and aerosol
What do you believe his dominant function is and why? what leads him, what motivates him to make the choices he makes, say what he says?

On what side of the bed does your friend sleep on?

What is your friends middle name?

If your friend had a pet pony what color would it be?

Does your friend have a short temper?

Answer these questions and I can tell you.

From the evidence shown, I conclude henceforth that your friend is indeed, slant. Who is secretly an INFP.

If you're sure he's an S then I certainly wouldn't rule out ESFP. F types can get on very well with computers too. In fact most people I know that work with them are Fs.

Ditto. He "feels" more ESFP to me. My mother is an ESTP and she's so tight with money it's not even funny. Her randomness is different as well. She's very artistic, which many SPs are as well. My mother checks on me less and interrupts me more - she only asks how I'm doing if she consciously sees my reaction first. If your friend is checking on you before you ask, I'd say that's far more "F" than "T"...perhaps it's Fe, but if he's choosing to party and spending money for himself without checking the consequences, that could be more Fi.

ETA: Bill Clinton was supposedly ESFP, if that helps any.

But this is all speculation. I say get away from stereotypes and see what he's like as a whole, rather than in parts.

*helps aerosol*
My Friend My Friend My Friend My Friend My Friend My Friend My Friend My Friend My Friend My Friend

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Ba-Dump, BUMP! :mhula:

Lol my ESTP ex was practically allergic to computers and technology...

sounds ESFP but sometims, Is can masquerade as Es pretty well so he could be an ISFP who has well developed E.

What do you believe his dominant function is and why? what leads him, what motivates him to make the choices he makes, say what he says?

It's hard to say because I'm not familiar enough with the different functions, but maybe Se.
He always wants to do stuff. If he sees a resturant he likes he wil go in and have some food. I would find a million reasons not to go in (money, am I hungry? don't feel like dealing with the server, etc), but I guess he doesn't have that "filter".
We were downtown today and he was like "it's almost 6 pm, lets go stand outside the news center thingy and we might get to be on t.v. that way" (because they do that almost every night). He is always thinking of stuff to do and is really spontaneous.

On what side of the bed does your friend sleep on?

What is your friends middle name?

If your friend had a pet pony what color would it be?

Does your friend have a short temper?

Answer these questions and I can tell you.

Do not know,
Robin,
green,
and no, he does not really.

I'm expecting a reply with lots of analysis.

*straight face*

I'm getting Se vibes.

so either ESTP/ESFP...leaning more towards the latter.

Lol my ESTP ex was practically allergic to computers and technology...

Hmm... I see you're unsure if you're unsure whether you're INFJ or ISTP?
If you're comfortable enough, could you maybe let me know what you liked about your ex? Like, which ones of his or her qualities complemented yours the best? Which ones really clashed?

I think I'm an INFJ who often acts like a neurotic ISTP.

I don't know why, but I trusted him immediately. I liked that he was good at everything I sucked at. He had a certain hyper-vigilance and quick reflexes in response to sensory stimuli that I don't how to describe...He was very obsessed with various martial arts and very good at them, but he was laid back for the most part and difficult to provoke emotionally. His demeanor was always kinda like "hey, what's up?" I'm sure there are exceptions, but I have never known any ESXP types who were good with computers and technology. They tend to be much more interested in hands-on, physical experiences.

The most obvious thing about him was that he didn't like to be controlled in any way shape or form. He would rebel against anyone or anything that he perceived as a threat to his freedom...no matter what the cost. I liked this about him a lot. These were the only times when I would see him get very, very angry. It was also obvious and really strange to me that he was so observant of people physically (body language and facial expressions), but couldn't really put it this into a greater emotional context that would give him better insight into someone's character. He was quite gullible and took too much of what people said at face value and often got taken advantage of because of it.

After a few years we started to pick at each other though because I guess we both couldn't understand why it was so difficult for the other to do things we considered simple. I learned a lot about myself from him though...He was so much like me turned inside out. The content of our thoughts were so similar, but the way we related and interacted with the outside world was very different.