Hearing non-murderous voices in your head?? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Hearing non-murderous voices in your head??

Trazodone worked for me a week, then make me feel anxious. Ambien was a nightmare and I do not recommend. Have you tried liquid melatonin?

As for the voices, perhaps you should see a new psychiatrist and more than once a year.

Hi guys,

So just got home from work and as soon as I opened my front door I literally heard what sounded like a news broadcast or something of the likes. Thing is, I wasn’t creeped out or anything because this actually happens to me often; mostly when I’m lacking sleep. When it very first happened it was when I was a kid and was seldom but these days it’s like a few times a week I hear these non-murderous voices in my head I’m fairly certain it’s not schizophrenia or anything because it’s not like I have “people” in my head telling me what to do or whatnot, it’s just fucking news broadcasters and occasionally old-time music (which is slightly creepy). And trust me I know it’s in my head because I’ve physically looked for where the sounds could be coming from when it first started happening again and now I’m just like “LIVE FROM DJDKKSHHDSK ITS THE 10 O’CLOCK NEWS”. I’ve googled it before and other people have said it’s related to mercury fillings in teeth which I have so maybe that really is the cause?? Does this happen to anyone else??

Sincerely,

Psychopath in denial??

I love your profile picture! I'm glad I'm not you. That would freak me out!

Trazodone worked for me a week, then make me feel anxious. Ambien was a nightmare and I do not recommend. Have you tried liquid melatonin?

As for the voices, perhaps you should see a new psychiatrist and more than once a year.
No I haven’t. I’ve tried melatonin in pill form but I develop a tolerance too quickly to make it my preferred sleep treatment. Is the liquid form less prone to tolerance?? That you know of at least?? And if the voices get bad enough that I think a psych eval is necessary for them then I will fork out the additional co-pays, but for now I’ll stay away from sedatives or any psychotropic meds that may be recommended but not really indicated. I’ll make a list though of things to bring up at my next scheduled visit with this on it. Thank you for the reply!

I would get so creeped out. Especially if I’m by myself. Is this a recent phenomenon? And, how loud/present is it?

I used to have silver fillings and replaced them with some kind of composite material. It’s easy to do.

I would get so creeped out. Especially if I’m by myself. Is this a recent phenomenon? And, how loud/present is it?
Lol I swear it’s really not that creepy!! It basically just sounds like a tv is on a room on the other side of the house if that makes sense. I think it would be more creepy if I waked to check and a tv in an empty dark room was actually on!! It happens maybe a few times a week and the loudness depends. It’s never louder than faint??

Hi guys,

So just got home from work and as soon as I opened my front door I literally heard what sounded like a news broadcast or something of the likes. Thing is, I wasn’t creeped out or anything because this actually happens to me often; mostly when I’m lacking sleep. When it very first happened it was when I was a kid and was seldom but these days it’s like a few times a week I hear these non-murderous voices in my head I’m fairly certain it’s not schizophrenia or anything because it’s not like I have “people” in my head telling me what to do or whatnot, it’s just fucking news broadcasters and occasionally old-time music (which is slightly creepy). And trust me I know it’s in my head because I’ve physically looked for where the sounds could be coming from when it first started happening again and now I’m just like “LIVE FROM DJDKKSHHDSK ITS THE 10 O’CLOCK NEWS”. I’ve googled it before and other people have said it’s related to mercury fillings in teeth which I have so maybe that really is the cause?? Does this happen to anyone else??

Sincerely,

Psychopath in denial??

I had this "symptom" between age 15-18, and I had mercury fillings too. I don't think it's a psychopathic tendency as it's nothing murderous like voices telling me what to do. It's similar to yours, like my head has turned into a radio. It's gone a long time ago but I still don't know what caused it.

So sometimes when I'm very tired... Or maybe just when I find myself in moments of silence, I can hear what sounds like unintelligible conversation in the background. If I notice it and stop to try to listen, it goes away. I haven't told anyone about it. I figured it was just my imagination filling the silence or maybe just the result of being very tired. But I've noticed it at times since I was a kid.

Reactions: Infjente
If you don't hear the sound loud and clear as it would be in real life, I don't think you need to see a doctor. With schizophrenia you would have several following symptoms, and I bet someone would pick up on your uncharacteristic and strange behavior by now :sweatsmile:

Sometimes when I've pushed myself to be awake for a little too long, I hear diffuse sounds and voices right before I fall asleep, like I've started dreaming before I'm out.

Listen to your body, get enough sleep! :smiley: