Hearing non-murderous voices in your head?? | INFJ Forum

Hearing non-murderous voices in your head??

PerfectImperfect

Regular Poster
Jul 23, 2018
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hi guys,

So just got home from work and as soon as I opened my front door I literally heard what sounded like a news broadcast or something of the likes. Thing is, I wasn’t creeped out or anything because this actually happens to me often; mostly when I’m lacking sleep. When it very first happened it was when I was a kid and was seldom but these days it’s like a few times a week I hear these non-murderous voices in my head I’m fairly certain it’s not schizophrenia or anything because it’s not like I have “people” in my head telling me what to do or whatnot, it’s just fucking news broadcasters and occasionally old-time music (which is slightly creepy). And trust me I know it’s in my head because I’ve physically looked for where the sounds could be coming from when it first started happening again and now I’m just like “LIVE FROM DJDKKSHHDSK ITS THE 10 O’CLOCK NEWS”. I’ve googled it before and other people have said it’s related to mercury fillings in teeth which I have so maybe that really is the cause?? Does this happen to anyone else??

Sincerely,

Psychopath in denial??

I'm not an expert or hardly even knowledgable on this but if you say it comes when you're tired then I think it might be hypnagogic hallucinations, which I think I've heard isn't something to really worry too much about, and not super uncommon. Never heard of mercury fillings causing it, do you mean to say that you've had these fillings as a kid as well?

Anyway, I would probably have someone take a look at your case if you haven't already, but I wouldn't worry too much. The fact that you can tell they're hallucinations is a good sign I think.

You don't have the vibe of having any kind of mental issues and I don't buy into western pathology of it all just being chemicals in the brain. Probably as they say a glitch in the matrix.

Reactions: PerfectImperfect
I'm not an expert or hardly even knowledgable on this but if you say it comes when you're tired then I think it might be hypnagogic hallucinations, which I think I've heard isn't something to really worry too much about, and not super uncommon. Never heard of mercury fillings causing it, do you mean to say that you've had these fillings as a kid as well?

Anyway, I would probably have someone take a look at your case if you haven't already, but I wouldn't worry too much. The fact that you can tell they're hallucinations is a good sign I think.
Thank you for replying!! And yes I have had the same fillings (detestable, I know) since I was 7 or so. To my knowledge they’ve since stopped placing mercury based fillings, or at least that’s what I’ve read on one of the sites I’ve read before. I’ve thought about bringing it up to my doc briefly before, but then immediately came back to reality :grimacing: now while the rational in me knows there’s a science backed and based reason for this, the religious philosophical zealot in me asks “but what is SCIENCE based on” and then that leads me to asking questions like this on forums where I’m almost sure I won’t be called a nut (hopefully)

Reactions: Sandie33
You don't have the vibe of having any kind of mental issues and I don't buy into western pathology of it all just being chemicals in the brain. Probably as they say a glitch in the matrix.
Lol way too much of me can also relate to this. Now, just what if... chemical imbalances themselves are glitches of the matrix??

Lol way too much of me can also relate to this. Now, just what if... chemical imbalances themselves are glitches of the matrix??

I really really really do not like how the west thinks on things like this sure the quack doctors and their chemicals have it right some of the time but it is not nearly right enough most of the time. Glitches in the matrix is a cool way of saying and accepting odd happenings like this, I am assuming that when sound byte was going on it wasn't 10 am/pm.

Hahaha how interesting! I never heard of a case like this before, but I will offer my few cents since I am pretty familiar with neurology and psychiatry, and well that's the field I aspire to be in! However, I am not a medical professional yet so don't take my complete word on it lol. If you are still continuing hearing voices/music, then I do recommend seeing a professional haha. The good thing though like you have mentioned, the voices aren't malignant and threatening, but it's still best to see someone for confirmation. There are many research studies that confirm that benevolent voices are also quite common in schizophrenics.

Since you have mentioned that you have mercury fillings, it could be that your mouth can be a form of a receiver---which is incredibly rare to say the least. The fillings can work as a semiconductor so to speak, and detect audio signal. Your mouth is basically an antenna lol. Sounds crazy, but it does make a bit of sense.

Nonetheless, if it is bothering you and it becomes more frequent, then there is no harm in asking for a second opinion!

Reactions: Sandie33 and Wyote
I really really really do not like how the west thinks on things like this sure the quack doctors and their chemicals have it right some of the time but it is not nearly right enough most of the time. Glitches in the matrix is a cool way of saying and accepting odd happenings like this, I am assuming that when sound byte was going on it wasn't 10 am/pm.
I concur. While I don’t completely discredit western medicine because there really is some irrefutable evidence to a lot of its treatments, I also think the pope and those capable of exorcists would be treating just as many people as psychs if more people were willing to acknowledge their lack of control in situations ie particularly mental health issues

Hahaha how interesting! I never heard of a case like this before, but I will offer my few cents since I am pretty familiar with neurology and psychiatry, and well that's the field I aspire to be in! However, I am not a medical professional yet so don't take my complete word on it lol. If you are still continuing hearing voices/music, then I do recommend seeing a professional haha. The good thing though like you have mentioned, the voices aren't malignant and threatening, but it's still best to see someone for confirmation. There are many research studies that confirm that benevolent voices are also quite common in schizophrenics.

Since you have mentioned that you have mercury fillings, it could be that your mouth can be a form of a receiver---which is incredibly rare to say the least. The fillings can work as a semiconductor so to speak, and detect audio signal. Your mouth is basically an antenna lol. Sounds crazy, but it does make a bit of sense.

Nonetheless, if it is bothering you and it becomes more frequent, then there is no harm in asking for a second opinion!
I think I’ll just keep consulting you on these things, that is if you don’t mind :m026: and are you going into psych for real??? That’s awesome! Definitely a perplexing field

I think I’ll just keep consulting you on these things, that is if you don’t mind :m026: and are you going into psych for real??? That’s awesome! Definitely a perplexing field

Hahaha I will definitely try to help out as much as I can, just don't take everything I say word for word because I am not certified yet haha. Also do see someone if these things do continuing bothering you and/or seem to take a sudden negative change.

And psych is definitely on my top three! The main plan is becoming a neurologist, but if that doesn't work out, maybe psychiatry or pediatrics. :)

Haha I stay exhausted!! And it’s really not something I’m scared of. I mentioned earlier how sometimes hearing the older time music (like 40s or 50s) can be a little creepy just because anything too “vintage” creeps me out (I’m weird I know), but even then not enough for me to really think I needed help for it or anything because it was affecting my life or whatnot. I hear it when I’m exhausted but also sometimes well-rested. Although when I’m rested an “episode” (?) doesn’t last near as long or as loud; when it really moves from sub-conscious to my conscious is when I’m like “okay you’re losing it again, it’s REALLY time to go to sleep” lol

Reactions: JennyDaniella
:smirk:
Hahaha I will definitely try to help out as much as I can, just don't take everything I say word for word because I am not certified yet haha. Also do see someone if these things do continuing bothering you and/or seem to take a sudden negative change.

And psych is definitely on my top three! The main plan is becoming a neurologist, but if that doesn't work out, maybe psychiatry or pediatrics. :)
Or maybe all three?? Hehe. I say that because I have a neurologist/psychiatrist in one and although I only see him once a year I kinda consider him a close confidante in an INFJ-clinician type way. However I don’t think he specializes or even works with pediatrics at all so maybe you’ll become that triple threat :smirk:

Do you take anything to help you sleep? maybe a cup of chamomile tea?

:smirk:
Or maybe all three?? Hehe. I say that because I have a neurologist/psychiatrist in one and although I only see him once a year I kinda consider him a close confidante in an INFJ-clinician type way. However I don’t think he specializes or even works with pediatrics at all so maybe you’ll become that triple threat :smirk:

Oh how nice! I never heard of neurologist/psychiatrist in one, is he a behavioral neurologist of some sort? It could be his sub-specialty perhaps! I actually did consider concentrating more on pediatric neuropsychology lately, so who knows! It might be a possibility. :)

Reactions: Wyote
Do you take anything to help you sleep? maybe a cup of chamomile tea?
I do some nights. It’s not as healthy as chamomile tea but it gets the job done (zquil)! My sleep habits are indeed peculiar as well. Some nights I get 3,4,5 hours of sleep, up at 6 am and getting thangs DONE. other days I do exactly what someone would be doing with that little sleep (look for the zombie mom with a twist top bun whose eyes won’t look higher than the third shelf, oh wait haha that’s all of us!). Then there are nights where I get recommended amounts 8-9 and am incredibly exhausted vs expected response. I really don’t understand it and at this point have just chocked it up to hormones and stress. The newscasts usually come when I’m running on 5 hours or less from previous night (like earlier and now >.<). I guess I should probably tell my doc but I already know what will play out: him: do you notice a pattern when you begin “hearing these voices”! Me: yeah most when I’m sleepy him: ahh, there’s that key word. Sleep. Here’s an rx for trazodone at bedtime every night