Have You Ever Tried To Fake Being An Extrovert? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Have You Ever Tried To Fake Being An Extrovert?

Yes. The problem was is that I'm very good at it. Then when I introvert, people think I dislike them, because I was so outgoing with them earlier. But it was really because I could only do it for so long.

Sounds cliche, but it was better to just be myself. It's a lot better to show my introvert self first, then act a little extroverted when I comfortable to avoid misunderstandings.

This happens to me sometimes, too, almost like an alter-ego o_O
Mostly when I'm feeling very relaxed.

In situations where my number of friends is greater than number of strangers in a social situation I become extroverted. This is because my friendships are strong, they know me well, and I am less afraid to hide myself to the strangers. I have actually been able to create new friendships from these situations. If there were more strangers than friends, I tend to withdraw.

i don't have to fake it if it involves something i excel at. i've been known to loudly crack jokes in public, because i'm freakin' hysterical (and modest too), go clubbing because i'm a pretty good dancer even if it never got me laid, and when it comes to arguing and being cornered, i can flip and show idiots what TRUE INTJ extroversion is like. LOL

sorry to be up in your INFJ space here, but it's only fair with INFJs doing recon in the INTJ forum.

Yes. The problem was is that I'm very good at it. Then when I introvert, people think I dislike them, because I was so outgoing with them earlier. But it was really because I could only do it for so long.

Sounds cliche, but it was better to just be myself. It's a lot better to show my introvert self first, then act a little extroverted when I comfortable to avoid misunderstandings.

I've had a similar experience with playing an extrovert/introvert. People tend to quickly and erroneously apply these labels.

i don't have to fake it if it involves something i excel at. i've been known to loudly crack jokes in public, because i'm freakin' hysterical (and modest too), go clubbing because i'm a pretty good dancer even if it never got me laid, and when it comes to arguing and being cornered, i can flip and show idiots what TRUE INTJ extroversion is like. LOL

sorry to be up in your INFJ space here, but it's only fair with INFJs doing recon in the INTJ forum.

been reading your posts on these forums man - not going to lie you don't come across as an INTJ