Have you ever killed a song through repetition? | INFJ Forum

Have you ever killed a song through repetition?

TinyBubbles

anarchist
Oct 27, 2009
MBTI
^.^
Enneagram
i have a tendency to play songs over and over until i absolutely can't stand them, lol. occasionally some really good songs get placed into the "will never get old" box :p

i have a tendency to play songs over and over until i absolutely can't stand them, lol. occasionally some really good songs get placed into the "will never get old" box :p

ALL the time! I will re-listen to the same song for weeks on end and then finally it will just get old. Then sometimes months or years later I will come across it again and will fall in love all over!

Some songs really do never get old though!

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
Almost. When I first heard a song from one of my favorite bands, I played it repeatedly for about 2 hours (about 20 times?).

It was a while before I could enjoy it again. I just would faze out during the song (i.e. it's old news). But in short, if a song is good enough to listen to repeatedly, it's difficult to truly 'kill'.

Then sometimes months or years later I will come across it again and will fall in love all over!

oh that happens to me too! so awesome when that happens! certainly seems to annoy my roommates though who complain about me playing the same songs over and over, lol. and naturally i have to play it LOUD, which doesn't help XD

I do this all the time. I wish I could discipline myself not to do it, but... nope.

ALL the time! I will re-listen to the same song for weeks on end and then finally it will just get old. Then sometimes months or years later I will come across it again and will fall in love all over!

Some songs really do never get old though!

That's interesting. I mean, I hadn't found bands I really loved until I got the general set I have now (about 3-4 years ago). But for me, when I go back to bands I used to like, they just pale in comparison to the songs I tend to listen to. One replay is cool, and then I'm done.

Though since my tastes are pretty narrow, I tend to not listen to music very often.

oh that happens to me too! so awesome when that happens! certainly seems to annoy my roommates though who complain about me playing the same songs over and over, lol. and naturally i have to play it LOUD, which doesn't help XD

haha ooooh yeah I like to listen to my music really loud. When I'm at home I put my headphones on, but when I'm in my car, it's pretty much as loud as I can stand it lol.

Yup, only a handful though. I become "aware" when I will soon kill a song, and I usually will tell myself to not listen to it for several days or weeks at a time so I do not kill it.

Are you kidding me? This is an INFJ prerequisite I think! I always do this with the songs I really love. It's like chocolate, I can't get enough. I judge a songs true worth on how long I can play it before I REALLY get sick of it. So far "Supermassive Blackhole" and "Realign" are doing well!

Are you kidding me? This is an INFJ prerequisite I think! I always do this with the songs I really love. It's like chocolate, I can't get enough. I judge a songs true worth on how long I can play it before I REALLY get sick of it. So far "Supermassive Blackhole" and "Realign" are doing well!

LOVE Muse!

Reactions: Questingpoet
I do this a lot. Most of the time I simply stop listening to the song for a while so I don't get too sick of it. In severe cases I end up almost not even hearing the song anymore. I'll be listening but not really registering it.

Ooooh yeah. Almost all the time. The thing is, sometimes I'll do it on purpose because I just can't get it out of my head!

I had Coheed and Cambria, Welcome Home on repeat for....days. That one died a very slow, very LOUD death (much to the chagrin of everyone around me).

I had Coheed and Cambria, Welcome Home on repeat for....days. That one died a very slow, very LOUD death (much to the chagrin of everyone around me).

I've done this! Although, I can still listen to that song (and others that I've done the same too) and enjoy it just the same. I must admit that it's fun to go back to the first few songs I've done that with and listen to them again. Good times!

I can't really say that I personally kill songs through repetition, but rather the radio does that for me. I really liked Owl City's "Firefly".... until the radio picked it up and had it on (so it seemed to me, perhaps by coincidence) all the time. I can't stand that song (or the radio, for that matter) anymore.

Um. I kind of kill a song intentionally in a sense. I find a new song I like and I will completely listen to that song for days straight and then when I'm bored of it, I move on.

occasionally some really good songs get placed into the "will never get old" box :p

this is true for me too, some songs just don't get old, though they are far and few between. untouchable by luna halo is one of these for me, everytime i hear it i am driven to turn the music louder and sing along.

I really liked Owl City's "Firefly".... until the radio picked it up

lol this is still my current ringtone though now it probably looks like i am out of touch with the times.

I don't do it, the radio does it to me instead. I love Tom Sawyer (Rush) but anytime the radio decides to play a Rush song on rare occasion, it's always that same damn song!

Yes! It's also annoying when a good song ends up reminding you of someone you hate or a bad period of time =_=

Yes! It's also annoying when a good song ends up reminding you of someone you hate or a bad period of time =_=

+1; mostly why I don't listen to 30STM anymore

Airplanes by B.O.B and Hayley Williams was amazing....until everyone on Facebook started quoting it. Now it's my ringtone and i can't stand it