Happiness | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Happiness

I don't believe life has a purpose but even if it does there isn't necessarily a correlation with happiness.

It is possible to be happy all the time. I've experienced it. Troubles come but they don't overwhelm you. You are still glad to see the morning and challenges invigorate you instead of burying you.

However, things can go very wrong. Life becomes unbalanced and you lose your way. Something in your brain changes and you become locked into a pessimistic mind set.

For me I've always been happy when my relationships are harmonious. If that works right I am bulletproof.

Unecessary yet precious.

I don't think I'm destined to be happy, it only takes tiny factors to depress me, and sometimes even when all is well, I feel a great and conquering sense of sudden presentiment.

Unecessary yet precious.

I don't think I'm destined to be happy, it only takes tiny factors to depress me, and sometimes even when all is well, I feel a great and conquering sense of sudden presentiment.
I understand completely.

I am especially self-conscious about my failures and shortcomings and get depressed by those fairly easily.

I totally stopped paying attention to this thread. Sorry about that, I blame stupid school. I WILL check out the links, so thanks for posting.

I kind of know how you feel. I've spent a lot of my life being depressed and unhappy, but I've started to find out exactly what makes me feel good and now I make sure I do more of it. I don't think a big part of our lives is meant to be spent in a state of unhappiness, I think those who spend that much time feeling that way simply haven't found something to give them that buzz.

Whenever I've lost interest in something that made me happy, I always sort something else that does the work that that thing used to. I get bored easily with activities and interests, I have to circulate my involvement in things in order to stop that from happening.

Whenever I've lost interest in something that made me happy, I always sort something else that does the work that that thing used to.
I agree...it is a revolving door for me around the things that instill some happiness into the madness of life. It is pretty much always the same things/activities that are in my arsenal, but they come and go a bit and that is fine with me. If nothing else these instill balance, which is no small thing really, and I know where to go if a crisis hits.

Aside from these, I seem to find enough moments of happiness in each day to keep my inner self positive in the face of the rest of life, which is surely all around me as well.

I asked the wife when she was last truly happy. She told me the last weekend we were able to spend together; she went with me where the guys go and I with her where the gals go. Hearing that made me happy.

Reactions: aerosol
[MENTION=2635]Melkor[/MENTION] and nil. When I was your age I used to be the same way. Little things would depress me, but now I am completely different. It takes a lot to depress me, I still get depressed, but not so easily like I used to. Lately it seems like its almost impossible to put me down.

I'm positive you both will change in the future although I can't tell you which direction you will change in. You guys are only 18 and 19, when I became 24 is when my outlook on the world really changed.

Just something to consider when making conclusions about your destiny and happiness.

To what extent does happiness equal pleasure?

It seems like everyone assumes that pleasure is happiness and that therefore more consumption equals more pleasure equals more happiness. That is true to an extent, but every happy ending has a morning after.

Pleasure only provides moments of happiness. True happiness, joy, triumphs over your troubles.