GREAT IDEAS | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

GREAT IDEAS

had any great ideas lately?

lets share some inspired thoughts

listening to the news today on my way home from work, wikigov popped into my head

our government is lame and sluggish. why not let the people work on the issues?

why should we pay legislators to do what we can do?

we've got the resources, we've got the brain power, we've got the motivation, we just need a medium.
that's the idea... at least.

people working on fixing problems at every level, local to global.

it'd look like craigslist and wikipedia.

let the people bat ideas around concerning taxes, pollution, education, foreign policy

at least it'd educate people on the issues

get people thinking about ways they can make a change

if an idea gained momentum, if it made sense, why couldnt we pitch it to our president?

yknow?

wikigov

alternative governing, by the people

just an idea

is it stupid or what?

It's not stupid; my only argument would be that, assuming this was accomplished, all that happens that you have a whole new government. People toss the word around like it's somehow BAD when it's not... it's simply people getting together to deal with common problems in a moderated, negotiated, way... this is simply another way to try to do the same thing. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be tried. Governments DO get stale and DO attracted the wrong kind of people at times, and so should be reset from time to time.

My friends used to bring these souvenir piranha fish back from Brazil. The fish were shellacked, mouth open, teeth showing, and mounted on a little wooden stand. I so wanted to find a way to install an electric pencil sharpener inside these.

My friends used to bring these souvenir piranha fish back from Brazil. The fish were shellacked, mouth open, teeth showing, and mounted on a little wooden stand. I so wanted to find a way to install an electric pencil sharpener inside these.

How would you empty it?

Actually I have a feeling I'd rather not know.

It's not stupid; my only argument would be that, assuming this was accomplished, all that happens that you have a whole new government. People toss the word around like it's somehow BAD when it's not... it's simply people getting together to deal with common problems in a moderated, negotiated, way... this is simply another way to try to do the same thing. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be tried. Governments DO get stale and DO attracted the wrong kind of people at times, and so should be reset from time to time.

i think it's safe to say our gov't is a bit stale

we are operating inefficiently

who in office is really serving the public?

i'd like to see a site that tells who is doing what... so we can at least be educated about the people we are allowed to vote for

[MENTION=2578]K-gal[/MENTION]
yes! just found that the other day. i was going to post that link along with a couple others.
I haven't explored these too much just yet.

http://www.opencongress.org/
http://www.popvox.com/
http://www.data.gov

data.gov is a government run site though...

i'd like a site that makes it really easy for me to see what politicians, what policies are affecting me.
at the local level, state level, national, global...

let this information be easily accessed

as easy as craigslist

cats on stilts, catch tall rats.

Umm, how about a little container with a magnifying glass in the lid and a small inner chamber where the sun can be focused. The sun boils sea water which would turn to steam and condense on the concave roof and drip down the sides. Portable desalinization for people on life boats mebbe?

Umm, how about a little container with a magnifying glass in the lid and a small inner chamber where the sun can be focused. The sun boils sea water which would turn to steam and condense on the concave roof and drip down the sides. Portable desalinization for people on life boats mebbe?

very nice!

every life boat should have one

brilliant.

Reactions: rawr
wondering about DMT
what an amazing compound... found in every living thing
i am endlessly fascinated with this stuff

i think getting involved with consciousness research is a great idea
for me at least...
if i can't be an astronaut, i sure can be a psychonaut

i'm also thinking it'd be great to start a non-profit organization
because i'm interested in living a non-profit life
i'm interested in facing reality,
being responsible and fair and decent

what could i call this NPO?
a non-profit that works to help people
any ideas?

check this series out.
very interesting.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91DdcCSLHCk&feature=related"]YouTube - New! DMT - The Spirit Molecule 2/5[/ame]

Our entire infrastructure needs a makeover... so we are gonna have to deal with the kids.

[MENTION=2578]K-gal[/MENTION] I'm gonna check out your links again... I keep coming back to EDUCATION.

We could develop a new curriculum for parents wanting to home school their children.

They are coming into a world full of wonderful opportunities.

Let's not flood their brains with fear or stress anymore.

How do we teach parents how to teach their kids?

Any ideas for exercises?

How about a curriculum which allows the parent to learn from the child?

I'm just astounded at the lack of care/attention given to children.

I think people hate to see themselves reflected in their children.
They are weary of dealing with life in their ridiculous way, and they are bitter, and they hit their kids.
The kids cry, they make too much noise, are a complete nuisance.

Adults have the wrong idea. They were taught the wrong idea, and they perpetuate the wrong idea.

We need to realize the great potential we all have.

I think people just choose not to care, sometimes out of laziness.
Mostly, I think it's a deep fear, an insecurity, unwillingness to admit all the things we don't know.

Yes, we need a new education system.

We also need a new motivation for educating.

It is quite late in the game to be having this discussion,
but better late than never.

Things will only get worse if we don't address the root cause of the problems.

Ultimately this goes back to the monetary system.

Things would be so much easier without the current insanity we have inherited...

What do you think our stance should be?

It is hard to imagine a society being so different from what we have now... but shouldn't we try?

I think blinds should open from the top down. That way I could still have some sunlight in my room when I walk around naked without feeling like creepers can see me.

Reactions: Norton and Kgal