Grass men of Japan | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Grass men of Japan

Interesting that sex drive is so closely linked with materialism.

If everyone started saving their pennies and pursuing more fulfilling but less profitable careers and stopped chasing the next must-have products, would the developed economies crash and burn? Is it possible to have first world standard of living if you take away relentless pursuit of money and matierial things?

If everyone started saving their pennies and pursuing more fulfilling but less profitable careers and stopped chasing the next must-have products, would the developed economies crash and burn? Is it possible to have first world standard of living if you take away relentless pursuit of money and matierial things?

No. Capitalism exists on the principles of exponential growth and consumption. It's a machine that once you get on you can't get off and it must continually find new resources to consume in an endless pursuit for growth. Capitalism will never generate a cure for cancer or inexhaustible renewable energy source. It can only produce things that will generate further consumption.

No. Capitalism exists on the principles of exponential growth and consumption. It's a machine that once you get on you can't get off and it must continually find new resources to consume in an endless pursuit for growth. Capitalism will never generate a cure for cancer or inexhaustible renewable energy source. It can only produce things that will generate further consumption.

I think it would do western society a lot of good to have a long think about what are it's needs and what are it's wants. I can't help but think our priorities are all screwed up and we could do so much better.

I think it would do western society a lot of good to have a long think about what are it's needs and what are it's wants. I can't help but think our priorities are all screwed up and we could do so much better.

Probably, but we have already dug ourselves into too deep a hole. There is no way out except for rampant consumerism for the next few decades or world war.

INFJs, read the future and offer me some hope, that we aren't on a highway to hell. :D

No. Capitalism exists on the principles of exponential growth and consumption. It's a machine that once you get on you can't get off and it must continually find new resources to consume in an endless pursuit for growth.

Indeed.

INFJs, read the future and offer me some hope, that we aren't on a highway to hell. :D

Sorry, can't do it. The enormous changes you probably are already noticing are indications of the impending crisis that lays ahead. Find your purpose in this world and work your ass off now to bring it to fruition, because it is likely going to be too late in the future if it isn't already.

I'm putting my money on world war AND ridiculous consumerism. Why can't we have both? The best of both worlds!

I'm putting my money on world war AND ridiculous consumerism. Why can't we have both? The best of both worlds!

Well if we are taking bets, then I'll put my money on a government conspiracy which entails tricking the world into believing it is being attacked by an alien force.

I'm not kidding. I have a hunch that humanity is being herded to some weird event like that in an attempt to change the way we interact with one another.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
Well if we are taking bets, then I'll put my money on a government conspiracy which entails tricking the world into believing it is being attacked by an alien force.

I'm not kidding. I have a hunch that humanity is being herded to some weird event like that in an attempt to change the way we interact with one another.

Hey, I've thought of that before.

I think humanity is a herd.