ghost in apartment? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

ghost in apartment?

I'm not trying to debate this shit with you, nor I didn't label anything you said as wrong. I was just pointing out that Amityville and the Warrens have been called out and like I said, that most people are unaware of that. There was no hidden meaning in my post. If I were going to call you out as wrong, I sure wouldn't be that passive-aggressive.

Anyway, it kind of goes without saying that the Warren's are frauds after Butch DeFeo's lawyer admitted that the whole ordeal in the Amityville house was a hoax. He and George Lutz came up with the whole idea one night over several bottles of wine, yet the Warrens still insisted that "thar be demons in this hooouse", though no other occupants of the house report even the simplest haunting. LULZ. Not to mention how the Warren's seem to find "demons" in every single freaking case they encounter and the "killer Raggety Ann" doll? Seriously? LOL. They all sure made a buttload of money off of it, though. Sniff, sniff, I smell a motive. :)

Our opinions of this subject are going to differ vastly because I do some PI as a hobby, and I assure you, I am no fraud, so we'll just have to agree to disagree on that matter. I wouldn't even know where to start making fraudulent evidence (I'm a lost cause at photoshop or any of that stuff) and I have no motive, I get no monetary or any other gain from it other than proving to myself that they exist and I think the whole thing is fascinating. I'm not here to try to convince you or anyone else of their existence, either. I know that the stuff I've caught myself is, fo shiz, the real deal after considering all other possibilities and explanations, and that's all I need. I've already explained in another thread my theory on "ghosts" and how they could exist without there being a dogmatic or spiritual tie to it. I chalk it up to intelligent and residual energy, pure and simple. Just my opinion.

Vicarious, I'm quoting your post, but this message is really for anyone who may have missed being directed toward the other thread for a discussion about the validity of the supernatural at this thread. :)
http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23223

Sorry for derailing your thread, [MENTION=407]oceanbreeze[/MENTION]....I hadn't read far enough down to see that it was upsetting you. I apologize.

Thanks & no worries! Just wanted to mention it since I didn't see it having come up.

Any updates on this, Oceanbreeze? Do you think there is one or no?

In 47 years, the only experience I have personally had is one weird thing that happened when I lived in Hawaii on Hickam AFB. The locals thought some of the houses on base where haunted because of the tragedy of Pearl Harbor. One time, late at night, I went downstairs to get a drink of water and, while I was leaving the kitchen, the coffee pot came on for no explainable reason! I turned it off real quick and quickly shuffled upstairs and, in he morning, checked to see if the switch was in the "half-way" position between "on" and "off" because I thought it must have been like that (half way in-between) and it finally slipped to the "on" position due to the vibration of me walking. Anyway, I checked it and there was absolutely no way to set the on/off switch in a half-way in-between position - it would not do it; it is either "on" or "off". To this day, I could never figure out what or how that happened. Arlene, my wife, also felt something grab her leg and it woke her out of her sleep one night - but I did not experience that, it was my wife. Both of these incidences happened in that house on Hickam AFB and that is the only place anything weird like that has ever happened to either of us.

Anyway, I was curious to see how things were coming along for you in your apartment?

Any updates on this, Oceanbreeze? Do you think there is one or no?

In 47 years, the only experience I have personally had is one weird thing that happened when I lived in Hawaii on Hickam AFB. The locals thought some of the houses on base where haunted because of the tragedy of Pearl Harbor. One time, late at night, I went downstairs to get a drink of water and, while I was leaving the kitchen, the coffee pot came on for no explainable reason! I turned it off real quick and quickly shuffled upstairs and, in he morning, checked to see if the switch was in the "half-way" position between "on" and "off" because I thought it must have been like that (half way in-between) and it finally slipped to the "on" position due to the vibration of me walking. Anyway, I checked it and there was absolutely no way to set the on/off switch in a half-way in-between position - it would not do it; it is either "on" or "off". To this day, I could never figure out what or how that happened. Arlene, my wife, also felt something grab her leg and it woke her out of her sleep one night - but I did not experience that, it was my wife. Both of these incidences happened in that house on Hickam AFB and that is the only place anything weird like that has ever happened to either of us.

Anyway, I was curious to see how things were coming along for you in your apartment?

Thanks for checking in. Sorry to hear you've had some scary experiences. All has been quiet in my apartment. I think I will cleanse the energy with sage, particularly in my room where I want to create a safe space for myself (things with the roommate are tense at best most days), but perhaps that is all that is required. I did have a moment in the building hallway a few days ago where it felt as though something may have been present, but I don't know how well attuned to spirits I am or if I'm sufficiently attuned to distinguish between a spirit and leftover energy from someone walking in the hallway or something as such. If anything, I thought it may have been an animal energy, but again I don't know where I'm getting this from. Also tonight out in public, but in a different city altogether I was in a public restroom where the sinks work based on motion detection, and the sink I had previously used (from which I was now several good feet away) suddenly came on a few minutes after I had used it. I'm not sure how that would have happened, as it takes actual presence (as opposed to something like a gust of wind) to active the motion detectors on those sinks. I'm actually hoping it was a spirit. I don't want ghosts in my living space, that seems scary to me, but I'd like to interact with benevolent spirits -- I've lived for too long being afraid of them and missing out on a connection/openness to that other reality. So... ironically enough, I think the plan will be to cleanse my apartment, and to also open up to benelovent and loving spirits and see what can be done or experienced.

Thanks for checking in. Sorry to hear you've had some scary experiences. All has been quiet in my apartment. I think I will cleanse the energy with sage, particularly in my room where I want to create a safe space for myself (things with the roommate are tense at best most days), but perhaps that is all that is required. I did have a moment in the building hallway a few days ago where it felt as though something may have been present, but I don't know how well attuned to spirits I am or if I'm sufficiently attuned to distinguish between a spirit and leftover energy from someone walking in the hallway or something as such. If anything, I thought it may have been an animal energy, but again I don't know where I'm getting this from. Also tonight out in public, but in a different city altogether I was in a public restroom where the sinks work based on motion detection, and the sink I had previously used (from which I was now several good feet away) suddenly came on a few minutes after I had used it. I'm not sure how that would have happened, as it takes actual presence (as opposed to something like a gust of wind) to active the motion detectors on those sinks. I'm actually hoping it was a spirit. I don't want ghosts in my living space, that seems scary to me, but I'd like to interact with benevolent spirits -- I've lived for too long being afraid of them and missing out on a connection/openness to that other reality. So... ironically enough, I think the plan will be to cleanse my apartment, and to also open up to benelovent and loving spirits and see what can be done or experienced.

Ok, good....glad to hear everything is OK. Sounds like, right now with your roommate, you're having more trouble with the living than the dead (which is not necessarily a bad thing when you think of the alternative : - )! Thanks for the update!