ghost in apartment? | INFJ Forum

ghost in apartment?

Soulful

life is good
Nov 18, 2008
MBTI
not joking. if there is a ghost in here, what would I do to have it leave?
[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION]

I had a ghost in the house I used to live in, but I never felt threatened by it. I'd even acknowledge it when it would do something. Like when it would make a noise, I'd say, "Yeah, I hear ya." I even had paranormal investigators out to check the place out and they said the same thing...it's not dangerous, and it definitely didn't have a malicious "feel" to it. Oddly enough, one day I told it (out loud), "I really don't mind you being here," and the activity stopped for almost a year.

Well, you can try asking him/her/it to leave. Acknowledge that it's there, let him/her know that you're really sorry, but he/she has passed away and that it's time for him/her to move on and cross over, that the apartment is your space now. Be respectful, but firm. If that doesn't work, you might consider contacting a local paranormal group, because you don't want to try anything more complicated without knowing exactly what you're doing.

There was a lot of activity in my house right after the kids and I moved in, it had been abandoned for at least 10 years. Lights turning on by themselves, scratching in walls that couldn't have been an animal, footsteps, knocking, vibrations in the floor like someone walking around, etc. Several people even saw him on my webcam, pacing behind me. That's how I know it was a man. I didn't really mind him at first until he woke my older son up one night and scared the crap out of him. Devin described the same person that the people who saw him on my webcam described. I told the entity that I was happy to share the house as long as he stopped messing with my kids...and if he was unwilling to accept those terms then he needed to leave. This is now MY house and I will not tolerate my children being frightened. I've had no further activity from that particular entity. I had one follow me home from the Villisca house before, but it eventually got bored and left. That one was just a little noisy, nothing really scary.

Reactions: moonlightam
I had a ghost in the house I used to live in, but I never felt threatened by it. I'd even acknowledge it when it would do something. Like when it would make a noise, I'd say, "Yeah, I hear ya." I even had paranormal investigators out to check the place out and they said the same thing...it's not dangerous, and it definitely didn't have a malicious "feel" to it. Oddly enough, one day I told it (out loud), "I really don't mind you being here," and the activity stopped for almost a year.

I'm curious, how did you know he was in your house? How can you tell if you're in the presence of a spirit and not just going crazy?

I would check a few things before jumping to the ghost conclusion:

1. Are you having some kind of breakdown?
2. Have you been using any new drugs?
3. Do you live with other people? And have they answred 1 or 2?
4. Have you considered that there is a rational explanation to the situation?

Please tell us which evidence you have accrued?

I would check a few things before jumping to the ghost conclusion:

1. Are you having some kind of breakdown?
2. Have you been using any new drugs?
3. Do you live with other people? And have they answred 1 or 2?
4. Have you considered that there is a rational explanation to the situation?

Please tell us which evidence you have accrued?

Oh lol.
1. No
2. No.
3. They would say no.
4. Of course.

The purpose of this post is not to try to prove the presence of a ghost in my space. I'm not asking for help in determining that. I am not convinced there is, but if there happens to be I'd like to know how I would deal with it, and even if there is not, I'm curious to know how people deal with this. It's an interesting subject.

I understand you may have a different perspective on this, and I respect where you may be coming from, but I really don't want to have a discussion centred around rationality and disproving anything spiritual or mystical. I'm sure there are plenty of other threads where that can take place, and if not, go ahead and create one.

Reactions: Sloe Djinn
Oh lol.
1. No
2. No.
3. They would say no.
4. Of course.

The purpose of this post is not to try to prove the presence of a ghost in my space. I'm not asking for help in determining that. I am not convinced there is, but if there happens to be I'd like to know how I would deal with it, and even if there is not, I'm curious to know how people deal with this. It's an interesting subject.

I understand you may have a different perspective on this, and I respect where you may be coming from, but I really don't want to have a discussion centred around rationality and disproving anything spiritual or mystical. I'm sure there are plenty of other threads where that can take place, and if not, go ahead and create one.

Oh if you just want to have a fun conversation im all for it, I thought you seriously believed you had a ghost in the house, if you did there is a practical approach to whittling down the cosmos for an answer to get a direction to take. But even so, its not an exact science. I am guessing depending on the believer you would get a differnt answer. Catholics believe that the house must be exorcised like in the Amityville horror, Lorraine Warren (who lives in my state actually I have seen her speak a few times on Halloween) has a lot of information out there on this subject. hypothetically speaking, if there was such a thing as a ghost it would be some kind of time-warped residual energy I assume, in which case you couldnt do anything about it, its trapped in that space until its energy runs out.

I recommend you keep some lit candles in a shallow pool of salt water around the house...within reason ofc. The salt water will attract any negative energy that the ghost may carry, while the flame will burn.

If you are a praying type of person, you can ask/pray that it be sent to the Light.

You can also burn sage and waft it through the rooms.

How do you feel around it, or when you think you sense it?

I recommend you keep some lit candles in a shallow pool of salt water around the house...within reason ofc. The salt water will attract any negative energy that the ghost may carry, while the flame will burn.

If you are a praying type of person, you can ask/pray that it be sent to the Light.

You can also burn sage and waft it through the rooms.

How do you feel around it, or when you think you sense it?

Thank you. I don't know if I can sense anything. I had a pretty disturbing dream, though, in which there was a ghost type figure. It's vague and difficult for me to recall, but it made me wonder, primarily because my dreams have been foreshadowing reality lately. To add to that, the house itself is pretty old, and apparently we live in a haunted neighbourhood (I don't know whether or not to take that seriously, but I guess some people do). Something odd happened yesterday, and there is a ton of negative energy in this apt. already. Once I began thinking about it, I realized that I wouldn't really know what to do if I did find myself sharing space with a ghost. Most of my wondering arose because of the dream, and it's quite possible the dream was referencing something else, but I think it's a good question to ask and to which to have an answer.

You definitely should cleanse your space then.

Reactions: Soulful
I had a ghost in my old house. it was a woman dressed in 17th century white dress with no body below her waist. It *freaked* me out the first time I saw it; as I recall it left on its own. Wouldn't hurt to keep the lights on for a while though, lol. And ask it to leave in your thoughts.

Reactions: barbad0s
I'm curious, how did you know he was in your house? How can you tell if you're in the presence of a spirit and not just going crazy?

Because I was not the only person who experienced these things, and often there were multiple people present. Also, the paranormal investigators were very thorough as far as ruling out structural or electrical issues. Oh, and it was a she, not a he. :)

Oh if you just want to have a fun conversation im all for it, I thought you seriously believed you had a ghost in the house, if you did there is a practical approach to whittling down the cosmos for an answer to get a direction to take. But even so, its not an exact science. I am guessing depending on the believer you would get a differnt answer. Catholics believe that the house must be exorcised like in the Amityville horror, Lorraine Warren (who lives in my state actually I have seen her speak a few times on Halloween) has a lot of information out there on this subject. hypothetically speaking, if there was such a thing as a ghost it would be some kind of time-warped residual energy I assume, in which case you couldnt do anything about it, its trapped in that space until its energy runs out.

You are aware that Amityville was an admitted hoax and that the Warren's are frauds, correct? Just saying, because a lot of people don't know this. :)

You are aware that Amityville was an admitted hoax and that the Warren's are frauds, correct? Just saying, because a lot of people don't know this. :)
Oh trust me, I think they are ALL hoaxes and frauds. I dont believe in ghosts or possessions. But if we are going to pretend, lets go all the way.

Oh trust me, I think they are ALL hoaxes and frauds. I dont believe in ghosts or possessions. But if we are going to pretend, lets go all the way.

Billy, why do you bother posting in threads like these if you have zero genuine interest in discussing the topic as it is posed?

Billy, why do you bother posting in threads like these if you have zero genuine interest in discussing the topic as it is posed?
Im confused, I thought you made it clear you were asking a more hypothetical question, so I was using popular information like the stuff the Warrens used to discuss... are you saying we can only discuss it if we beleive it?

Im confused, I thought you made it clear you were asking a more hypothetical question, so I was using popular information like the stuff the Warrens used to discuss... are you saying we can only discuss it if we beleive it?

I didn't mean to be unclear. I didn't think I was, but if I was then my bad.
What I meant to say was that if I have a ghost, I'd like to know how to deal with it. And if not, then I'd still like to know how one would deal with it (the unspoken message here being that I think it is good to know how to respond in this kind of situation, as I do actually believe in the possibility of spirits hanging around).
I'll PM'd the rest.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to be unclear. I didn't think I was, but if I was then my bad.
What I meant to say was that if I have a ghost, I'd like to know how to deal with it. And if not, then I'd still like to know how one would deal with it (the unspoken message here being that I think it is good to know how to respond in this kind of situation, as I do actually believe in the possibility of spirits hanging around).

What I'm about to say may not apply if you felt uncertain as to my intentions, but on the whole this is where I'm coming from: You're welcome to discuss whatever you wish of course, but certainly if you want to be respectful then those discussions will take place in particular contexts and with certain regard for the audience. So if this thread engages a discussion on "how to deal with ghosts" (asked earnestly) and includes responses from people who clearly indicate they believe they've dealt with ghosts and offer advice on how to act in this matter, it would make sense to include oneself in the conversation if you have something productive to offer. If you don't and/because you do not believe in ghosts, this isn't the place to ask people to prove the validity of their beliefs. It's also not the place to tell people what reality is based on your own version of it. Sometimes it seems like you force your opinions on others and try to challenge them when they don't comply. I can respect your drive to do so, but that kind of discussion is simply not welcome here. Hence my earlier suggestion to open another thread if you'd like to debate the subject. Cynicism is included in this. It's as if there kinds of threads need to be labelled with "Cynics need not apply", when in reality I think that should be obvious if we read the first post with curiosity and a genuine desire to understand where the other person is coming from without needing to control their experience. I hope that's not out of line.

I beleive I did reply with information, which was quickly labeled wrong apparently because the persons I mentioned (the warrens) were called frauds... I would challenge that assertion, what makes 1 paranormal investigator a fraud as opposed to another? I think you are jumping the gun here.

I beleive I did reply with information, which was quickly labeled wrong apparently because the persons I mentioned (the warrens) were called frauds... I would challenge that assertion, what makes 1 paranormal investigator a fraud as opposed to another? I think you are jumping the gun here.

Huh?
What makes one person a fraud is that they are lying about their lack of skill. What makes one person a genuine PI is their skill level.
I was replying to this: Oh trust me, I think they are ALL hoaxes and frauds. I dont believe in ghosts or possessions. But if we are going to pretend, lets go all the way.
Maybe this is a misunderstanding if by "pretend" you're referring to what you thought was my hypothetical question.
I interpreted your use of the word as you pretending that ghosts are real. Hence my question asking you why you would choose to participate in this thread if you can't even take this subject for real?

I wasn't asking for entertainment, nor were others (to my knowledge) responding for amusement, so unless you earnestly wish to contribute in a productive manner, why are you here? And of course you don't have to believe in ghosts to offer valuable posts, but your tone didn't come across as helpful. If you were geniunely trying to help, I do appreciate your effort though.

Last edited: