gender myths and stereotypes | INFJ Forum

gender myths and stereotypes

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What are the most common gender myths and stereotypes which annoy you the most?

All guys are into sports and all girls want to be swept off their feet by a guy into sports.

Women belong in the Kitchens and Men in the garages

All guys are into sports and all girls want to be swept off their feet by a guy into sports.
I would get this while I was in high school and still occasionally do.

"Wow, you're a tall, athletic-looking guy! Do you play basketball?"

No, I'm on the trivia and debate teams, I play in the orchestra and I sometimes act. I don't give a shit about the Pacers. Please go away.

Girls have to be reticent, well-mannered and empathetic, and have a light touch with everything.

Guys have to be assertive, indefatigable, and somehow also apathetic.

women are supposed to be compassionate, men are supposed to be tough and unforgiving

If a woman is with many men, she's a "whore" but if a man is with many than he is "a man".

Such a double standard.

Reactions: Nixie
They say men want things solved while women just want to be heard and understood. I almost never want someone to solve something for me and almost always want to be heard and understood.

They say men want things solved while women just want to be heard and understood. I almost never want someone to solve something for me and almost always want to be heard and understood.

I just want shit to be solved and I could care less if you understand. However, I do need to be heard.

I feel like this depends on personality.

Men are far more into gossip than some may think. Also cleaning, fashion, shopping, geeez, it's really funny in extreme cases.

Last edited:
When girls go through a breakup and decide they "hate all boys they're all the same douches" it is such a generalization it hurts my head. You hate the type of attractive guys that dress like studs, don't respect you, have nothing in common with you and clearly don't do commitment, who happen to be the only types of guys you fall for. There are billions of other guys who have nothing in common with the men you've dated. And on the other hand, there are plenty of girls who have the same unattached stud personality. Compatibility is not a gender thing.