Yes or No to Gay Marriage

• Yes

Votes: 38 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
I actually agree. I think of marriage more of a ceremony/gathering/party. So if everyone made civil unions for the legal process then they could have a ceremony or not and still be able to marry.

FYI, The Roman Catholic Church and the Church of Latter Day Saints, which are the biggest opponents to same sex marriage, both see civil unions as a threat to marriage. They see them as either a step towards same sex marriage or as a form of faux marriage which would be inherently less stable. As a result, it is their position that no same sex relationship must be legally recognized and that even civil unions or domestic partnerships between heterosexuals should have no legal recognition.

FYI, The Roman Catholic Church and the Church of Latter Day Saints, which are the biggest opponents to same sex marriage, both see civil unions as a threat to marriage. They see them as either a step towards same sex marriage or as a form of faux marriage which would be inherently less stable. As a result, it is their position that no same sex relationship must be legally recognized and that even civil unions or domestic partnerships between heterosexuals should have no legal recognition.

I think it is unfair that they even have an impact. So then why should religious marriages be considered legal? because they suit the rules of the church?

Uh huh, fuck them.
Posted via Mobile Device

The sad problem here is that, in the US, catholics hold a majority on the religious front, and other chritian religions are in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Therefore, even though the church itself has no direct power in the government, they indoctrinate the voters, who in turn make the laws to fit their religion. Thus, religion comes into our laws via legitimate sources. Therefore, its up to the Courts, in the system of checks and balances, to do away with such laws, as they are unconstitutional. But then the catholics raise all this beef over the courts deciding law (simply because they don't like the result, the court has every right to do what they've been doing, and it is for doing such things that they were created in the first place [so shut up you fundie christians! You're wrong!]).

The Neighbours of the Jews at that time were the Samaritans. The Blood Enemies of the Jews, more bitter because they were kin. It could just as easily read "Love thy Enemy as thyself." There are many kinds of love, I love Satya and Motor Jax and Silently Honest and Haha and Wolfe and many other men, this does not mean I penetrate their anus with my penis. Love is not by necessity erotic.

Jesus wasn't a "Christian", in the same way that John Calvin wasn't a Calvinist, or Martin Luther wasn't a Lutheran. Luther actually had people executed for heresy who said they were Lutherans. Luther was a Catholic.

In the same way, Jesus was an Orthodox Jewish Rabbi. You've pretty much destroyed any point of religion you can make here, with those statements, but I'll continue...

img-head-desk.jpg

That's exactly how fail you are.
Have you EVER READ THE FUCKING BIBLE? DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE CONTEXT OF THE BIBLE? OR is your knowledge explicitly second hand?

It's pretty god damned obvious that Jesus was talking about the only Law the Hebrew people had. Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Jesus knew these laws inside out, as evidenced in the story that as a 5 year old boy he had wandered away from Joseph his father, and was found arguing scripture with the rabbis and other learned men.

There's no ambiguity there. There's not a chance in hell he could have been talking about the Napoleonic Code, Persian Law, or Mongolian Law.

*headdesk*
*headdesk*
*headdesk*

Go! Reread the bible. Or even bloody google it.
Baptists use the verse often enough for it to be in the top ten links of a google search.

BFCB.

geeze you are such an NT sometimes

*Backs off*

Reactions: NaeturVindur
I'm one of those people who can't decide between yes or no on gay marriage. Before I was against it but once my teacher said that only 13% of people choose to be gay and that God loves everyone, it makes me wonder.

Here was a website I found was pretty good, it's the pros and cons:
http://www.balancedpolitics.org/same_sex_marriages.htm

I'm not for or against gay marriage, I just don't know.

I'm one of those people who can't decide between yes or no on gay marriage. Before I was against it but once my teacher said that only 13% of people choose to be gay and that God loves everyone, it makes me wonder.

Woah baby you just opened a huge can o' worms! I can tell right away that you went to christian school ("and that God loves everyone"), so I don't blame you for your misconceptions, but there is so much in that statement thats wrong. 1) latest scientific study is saying only 3% of the world's populating is gay, 13% is by far the largest number I've heard (assuming a large difference between 10% and 13% [Its a lot of people!]). 2) people do not choose to be gay. There is no census in the scientific community about the exact causes for homosexuality, but no one (credible) is even considering that its a choice.

Reactions: TheLastMohican
:m172:

Choose to be gay?

I'm confused

Oh, I didn't know that, I'm sorry.

And to the above post some people can choose to be gay while some people can't help but be attracted to the same sex.

You can choose to act upon your attraction to the same sex, but being attracted to someone is not a choice

Oh, I didn't know that, I'm sorry.

And to the above post some people can choose to be gay while some people can't help but be attracted to the same sex.

Once again, there is a difference between sexuality and sexual orientation. Sexuality is the sexual aspect of human nature. Sexual orientation is a pattern of emotional, romantic, and sexual attractions. In other words, sexuality is just one aspect of sexual orientation.

As such, no one "chooses" to be gay. Some people may choose to engage in homosexual behavior, but that doesn't make them gay.

An example would be prison sex. People in a same sex environment like prison may engage in sexual relations with people of the same sex even though they do not have any emotional or romantic interest in those individuals. Hence, they practice homosexual behavior but they do not have a homosexual orientation.

You'd be extremely hard pressed to convince me of this. Being who and what you are attracted to is something completely out of ones control.