[PAX] - Funny Tweets | Page 8 | INFJ Forum
Taking a defensive stance for someone who doesn't know what it means aren't you?
Let's be clear though. Obamacare isn't being dismantled for political reasons and it was never going to be. It is being dismantled because it doesn't work.
Again liberals have this idea in their heads that if you throw money at something it will begin to work. Time and time again they do this. In this instance, like most, something they touched is failing so it is now left up to others to come in and fix it for them. Trump may be right if he fixes It, he's doing them a favor and the country for that matter. But... we will have to see.
I could say that Republicans think that if you throw money at corporations, they will act in our best interests out of the goodness of the CEOs heart... Like all the insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies gouging Americans. The ACA has a big problem because you can't force people to buy coverage without any regulations on price. That's part of the reason prices are out of control. No one else in the developed world pays what we do for healthcare... The only thing that will ensure coverage for everyone is a single payer system. We pay for police, public school, libraries, infrastructure, fire depts., etc. With our taxes, why not healthcare? It makes the most sense to invest in the people who work to run the country, aside from healthcare being a basic human right.

But maybe a system that provides subsidies for lower income individuals, and opens up the market across state lines for insurance and allows for drug imports could work. These drug companies nearly have monopolies here. Consumers have little choice. They do not compete and they need to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skarekrow
I could say that Republicans think that if you throw money at corporations, they will act in our best interests out of the goodness of the CEOs heart... Like all the insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies gouging Americans. The ACA is failing because you can't force people to buy coverage without any regulations on price. That's part of the reason prices are out of control. No one else in the developed world pays what we do for healthcare... The only thing that will ensure coverage for everyone is a single payer system. We pay for police, public school, libraries, infrastructure, fire depts., etc. With our taxes, why not healthcare. It makes the most sense to invest in the people who work to run the country.

But maybe a system that provides subsidies for lower income individuals, and opens up the market across state lines for insurance and allows for drug imports could work. These drug companies nearly have monopolies here. Consumers have little choice. They do not compete.
I'm forced to buy car insurance that I do not want.

Why not healthcare? Because we don't need it. The reason Healthcare is so expensive is because of Hospitals and doctors offices ripping insurance companies off. Insurance turns around and gives the cost right back to the consumer.

I'm forced to buy car insurance that I do not want.

Why not healthcare? Because we don't need it. The reason Healthcare is so expensive is because of Hospitals and doctors offices ripping insurance companies off. Insurance turns around and gives the cost right back to the consumer.
You are not forced to buy car insurance. You have a choice as to whether to drive or not. Hospitals and doctors receive whatever medicare, medicaid, and insurance decides to pay. They all negotiate. Any extra costs are then passed onto consumers.

You are not forced to buy car insurance. You have a choice as to whether to drive or not. Hospitals and doctors receive whatever medicare, medicaid, and insurance decides to pay. They all negotiate. Any extra costs are then passed onto consumers.
Not driving is not an option. And suggesting it is makes me think you are trying to be cute now.
I am correct about the cost of healthcare though it does not factor EVERYTHING in. Just the most glaring culprit.

Not driving is not an option. And suggesting it is makes me think you are trying to be cute now.
I am correct about the cost of healthcare though it does not factor EVERYTHING in. Just the most glaring culprit.
Legally though, it is an option. We aren't talking practicality. Legally, you are not forced to go and get your driver's license and drive.

Legally though, it is an option. We aren't talking practicality. Legally, you are not forced to go and get your driver's license and drive.
I understand that. You understand the point I was making though and chose to focus on what amounts to a irrelevant item of the discussion. Why do that other than to avert focus?

I understand that. You understand the point I was making though and chose to focus on what amounts to a irrelevant item of the discussion. Why do that other than to avert focus?
Because it was wrong.

I've stated it's not really hospitals and doctors ripping insurance companies off (and then consumers) in my post above. The ACA has major issues. It needs to be changed. But there are good things about it that people on both sides can agree on-- covering those with preexisting conditions, covering kids under 26, no lifetime caps.. I think it was bs that Obama worked to appease pharmaceutical and insurance companies by mandating people buy coverage without regulating prices or allowing for more competition. I think he should have just pushed for single payer to begin with. And now here we are. And we will see what we end up with.

Reactions: James and Skarekrow
Because it was wrong.

I've stated it's not really hospitals and doctors ripping insurance companies off (and then consumers) in my post above. The ACA has major issues. It needs to be changed. But there are good things about it that people on both sides can agree on-- covering those with preexisting conditions, covering kids under 26, no lifetime caps.. I think it was bs that Obama worked to appease pharmaceutical and insurance companies by mandating people buy coverage without regulating prices or allowing for more competition. I think he should have just pushed for single payer to begin with. And now here we are. And we will see what we end up with.
Opinion that I dont agree with but thank you for the perspective.

Capture.JPG

Capture 1.JPG
Capture.JPG

Reactions: Eventhorizon
Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: James
Trump specifically noted "peaceful". Any person protesting in a violently manner should be called a thug.

Especially if they're protesting the rightful rule of Britain's monarchy, in a War of Independence. Honestly, dumping tea, hiding behind trees and taking cover? Sneaky tactics America... Don't even get me started on allying with the French.

Come back now and we'll forgive and forget... :) But wait until after the Superbowl. We wanna see the Lady Gaga half time show.

Capture.JPG

Although, for me, the tipping factor (which is not mentioned in this graphic) was torture (I made a thread about Trump's endorsement of torture in Feb 16). Torture is probably my number 1 worst thing about human beings. I can't tolerate the idea of it on any level at all, and I want people who are capable of supporting it to stay away from me.

I'm a hundred percent with you on that Invisible. Torture must be the single most inhuman act there is. It epitomises to me all that is wrong and screwed up with this world. I just cannot believe that human beings could justify doing this to one another, whatever the circumstances. I also do not buy that in certain circumstances we are justified (in other's words); in 'controlling' those who are evil and intent on doing us wrong. You will find that it is always the other way round, in terms of who is actually perpetrating violence. I mean the right and wrongs of this are plain as day.

Once we start behaving in this way as a species, I think we loose all our dignified rights, We are worse really than any other animal. Only humans can be intentionally cruel and barbaric in this way.

Last edited:
Capture.JPG

Why should the US who has basically destabilized the whole of the middle east have to share in taking in refugees fleeing their war-torn country?
I’m sure all the “bad hombres” are pouring over the border just like this -

tumblr_md7276GVZ91rp0vkjo1_500.gif

As if, lifting the travel ban also has lifted all the years of vetting that all those immigrating or claiming refugee status had to go through...those processes are still in place.
People wait years...some almost a decade to come over here, families are torn apart.
People have sold businesses, homes, possessions and had tickets booked eager to live in a country where their children and themselves can grow up in a safe environment.
To turn our backs on those people is cruel and is based on fear and fear-mongering.
Like I said, I would happily live next door to one or more relocated families...I bet we could even trade some good recipes.