Friendships in your life | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Friendships in your life

Anyway. Thanks for responding..

hey np, its nice for me to know others can relate. you know this is why i think close friends are so important, beyond this forum it's not like people really talk about these situations, i mean its normally things like; hey you hear about them broncos? or the democrats are screwing us blind! or something like that lol. close friends actually talk about things that mutually matter, and theres a comfort in knowing someone else can not only relate, but understand where you're coming from, ya know. work friendships suck lol.

Everybody has their things. Maybe I'm only patient when I'm a touch sad.

this is essentially what brought about my change too, was looking for something because i knew something was missing, if i had been better off with what came natural i probably would'nt have. actually enneagram was what encouraged me to push beyond what was the norm. it can really provide some answers if you look at it beyond a standard typology indicator.

I would have to agree that most often times, when I push myself beyond my comfort I end up finding something wonderful, or at least learning something.

yep couldn't agree more, i remind myself of this whenever i feel my stomach startin to tense up, you know whats great about it though is the more i do it the easier it gets, and bc the act in itself is a reward, i actually start looking for other ways to venture beyond what feels comfortable. do you think you've always been fairly seclusive or is this a more recent trend? for me, it didn't really start taking effect until late teens early twenties and i think its the only reason i was able to notice it.

Reactions: Gaze
Today I went to a get together with people who were on my masters last year. Haven't seen most of them in at least 9 months. Didn't really want to be there. I thought to myself, you have become reclusive. You much prefer your own company now. Out of the 10 people you are sitting with, you are only happy to see 2 or 3 of them. It's the boundary between friend and acquaintance. Most "friendships" are situational. Very few are based on connection. I have, however, got a lot better at recognising those who I have a connection with, making friends with them, and keeping this friendship going. It just doesn't happen all that often. This is an improvement. I used to be too shy to grab friendships with the people that count.

Well, I'm just going to jump headfirst into it. Screw it. I'm going to make plans and push myself to be open..I need connections.
I just found out today that an old friend of mine has died. Life is too short. Everyone seems so heartbreakingly beautiful to me right now..

Sorry to hear that. :( Life is short, indeed.

Friends don't come easy for me. As some have said, I don't do surface relationships of any sort. There has to be a real "synergy" as one of my friends would put it. I have only had about 4 or 5 people throughout my life that I would consider to be true friends. One of those individuals actually died 5 years ago to this day.

Reactions: acd