Firefox Most Vulnerable Browser, Safari Close | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Firefox Most Vulnerable Browser, Safari Close

So Safari is no good? i was about to download it and test it. It looks so slick and clean.

vulnerable or not it's still the most user friendly. opera is much faster though

vulnerable or not it's still the most user friendly. opera is much faster though

I am using it to surf the forums right now, so far so good. And it loads the "what are you listening to now?" pretty quickly, considering the amount of Youtube links that thread has.

I am pleased. =)

I'm a long time firefox user having switched recently to Safari. I never liked IE, and Chrome crashed on me far too often. Firefox was great with the add-ons, but for some reason it's been slower than a turtle lately in loading even the Google home page, let alone any forums.

Safari, for me, is fast and effective in everything I've yet to do with it.

I'm a firefox user out of habit. I don't like safari all that much, my bff has it on her mac and it's utterly confusing to use at times. Ie is bleh to me. Opera is a pretty interesting browser but I don't have it on this labtop, perhaps I should look into it again. Chrome just...just wasn't my thing.

I could be wrong, but my guess is that Firefox is more receptive to the hacking community than IE. Firefox is also more standards-compliant, and IE is generally used by corporate intranets than heavy browsing. This would mean more security flaws are found.

I use Firefox with Adblock Plus; I never had security problems.

Was this a list of reported vulnerabilities, or an extensive internal analysis of existing vulnerabilities? I've done vulnerability analysis on open source software and none of it is very clean, but most of the susceptibility to attack is not well known. I doubt the MS code is much cleaner, based on what I hear through security consultants who give advice to MS.

Last edited:
so which one is good?

so which one is good?

I use Firefox because it has Adblock Plus and is customizable.
Chrome is minimalist and probably a little faster.
Opera is faster on Macs afaik, but not worth it on Windows.
Don't use Internet Explorer unless you absolutely must. And if it's IE6, God help you...

I'm used to Firefox now, I'm not liable to change anytime soon.